Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Fantasy Open World RPG 'A3: STILL ALIVE' Announced by Netmarble - MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageDark Fantasy Open World RPG 'A3: STILL ALIVE' Announced by Netmarble - MMORPG

Netmarble has announced a new dark fantasy open world RPG called A3: Still Alive. And pre-registration is open now.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "A3: Still Alive is described as a cross-genre mobile experience..." ::Proceeds to close the article::
    Asm0deusmoroel[Deleted User]jdnewell[Deleted User]
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Is A3 still alive?

(sorry could not prevent myself - will not be the last one...)
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited September 2020
    cross-genre mobile experience that pairs the enormous and living worlds of Open-World RPGs with the extreme combat of Battle Royale.

Like Albatroes this line here was enough for me to say hard pass.
    Albatroes

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914

Asm0deus said:

cross-genre mobile experience that pairs the enormous and living worlds of Open-World RPGs with the extreme combat of Battle Royale.

Like Albatroes this line here was enough for me to say hard pass.

yeah me too
    Asm0deus
  • Agent_KovaAgent_Kova Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Some day these mobile developers will make games for us westerners, but so long as the sweaty whales overseas give them thousands of dollars to remain competitive in their games, that will likely never happen.
  • Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

Some day these mobile developers will make games for us westerners, but so long as the sweaty whales overseas give them thousands of dollars to remain competitive in their games, that will likely never happen.

Well there are some out there already. Arknights is about the best current example, it has zero competitive features, pretty much all of its content can be completed using common low rarity units, yet it still makes lots of money, as people like it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The main problem that I have with mobile games/gacha games etc, is that no one really benefits outside of the devs/publishers. What I mean by that is most of these games don't have a clear thing you can 'get,' there's always a chance, regardless of if you're paying or not and paying just provides you with more chances, not an guarantee of working towards you thing you might want in the end. Some people are fine with that, but for me, it makes me less wanting to invest in the product if I can't work towards the things that I ultimately want in some way.

Pretty much why there's so many 'yes people' on the Genshin Impact forums over the past week since it comes out in a hour, saying 'the devs need to make money so its okay' and ignoring that you have to endlessly roll on character power, yet in game there are absolute ways to upgrade your weapon rank. They seriously couldn't provide a way to do that for characters as well....?
  • Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

Albatroes said:

The main problem that I have with mobile games/gacha games etc, is that no one really benefits outside of the devs/publishers. What I mean by that is most of these games don't have a clear thing you can 'get,' there's always a chance, regardless of if you're paying or not and paying just provides you with more chances, not an guarantee of working towards you thing you might want in the end. Some people are fine with that, but for me, it makes me less wanting to invest in the product if I can't work towards the things that I ultimately want in some way.

Pretty much why there's so many 'yes people' on the Genshin Impact forums over the past week since it comes out in a hour, saying 'the devs need to make money so its okay' and ignoring that you have to endlessly roll on character power, yet in game there are absolute ways to upgrade your weapon rank. They seriously couldn't provide a way to do that for characters as well....?

Most gachas have a pity system, some are just better than others. With some, you WILL get the featured something within X number of rolls. Some give you a currency when rolling, which you can spend on things, such as the featured stuff you're rolling for, and/or other such things. Some do have a mix of things you can farm, and things you can roll for, and with some, old things you rolled for, will become farmable later.

Ones like Arknights, and Genshin Impact have no competitive features, and you can complete the content using what you can get from playing. They also provide you with the currencies to roll for things by playing, and alternative ways to get at least most of the same things as you can roll for by just playing. The reason people like that kind of system is that if you don't want to spend much, if anything, you can still do quite well. Then unlike many gachas, they are games that you play, where skill is a real deciding factor in how well you do. With many there's very little game play, so skill means little, and it's really all about stats, with the best stuff you get those stats from coming only from the gacha, as the farmed stuff is trash by comparison, or there is no farmed stuff. Unlike with most gachas, people spend money, to a lot of money on games like Arknights because they want to, not because you have to.

Aside from that, look at the rouge light/like type games. They are heavily built on RNG, you go in, hope for the best, make do with what you get, and how well you can play it helps a great deal. You don't NEED the best stuff to show up every time to make a good go of things, it's just nice if they do. That's the way a good gacha works too, some people, like yourself it seems, just obsess over the things you don't get.

Then Genshin Impact was made by the same people that made Honkai Impact, with that, over time the things that were gacha only, become easier to get, and some can be farmed as well, then they'll have giveaways where you just log-in, get a selection item, and pick the thing you want, and other such things. Those of us that have played Honkai Impact expect they'll do the same sort of things with Genshin Impact, which is why with many gachas you feel the need to reroll till you start with some top rarity stuff, with something like Genshin, we'll just log-in, and start playing.
    sschrupp
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    ah, good ,good.....

Who?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2020
    You will receive cash shop items,meaning this is another cheap game with a cash shop.
    Well I took a look just to appease my curiosity....LMAO,way way worse than I could have imagined.

An arpg with a view of 64x64 pixels "if that" and an arcade type combat design,which I call SPAMMY combat.No point to the gameplay except like a 1980's arcade game you put your quarter in,mash buttons for 2 minutes then put another quarter in.The difference is we exchanged the arcade machine and quarter with a mobile device and a cash shop ..lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    yet more still crazy-oversized weapons, what's that always about...? someone over-compensating?