Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky New Update Changes Everything

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited September 2020 in General Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I can’t, its just, I mean.... Just stop it, everything else being developed out there is being put to shame by this tiny team. I mean, look at this update, just look at it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MendelJeroKaneAmatheKylerancheyanemmolouSovrath[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Lonesols said:
    Haha so it took him 18 months to add storms and sand worms from Beetlejuice. Meanwhile u got 18 trillion astroids everywhere, can't mod it cause he had the moronic idea to cross platform the game for no reason. While the game runs like abosulute dog garbage on even top end pcs. Adding in the ai has more down syndrome than the guy who made this game.
    The bigger your opinions, the less value they have, especially when its uneducated ranting. And you have very big opinions.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]kitarad[Deleted User]KyleranmgilbrtsnAlBQuirky

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Wow!  Just about everything changed!  This moves NMS to the very top of the heap, if it wasn't there before.  SC and DU are going to have some significant challenges to keep pace with this.

[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lonesols said:
    Haha so it took him 18 months to add storms and sand worms from Beetlejuice. Meanwhile u got 18 trillion astroids everywhere, can't mod it cause he had the moronic idea to cross platform the game for no reason. While the game runs like abosulute dog garbage on even top end pcs. Adding in the ai has more down syndrome than the guy who made this game.
    The weirdest part of your very weird post is that when you see sand worms you think Beetlejuice and not Dune.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Slapshot1188immodiummgilbrtsnAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    They're following what I call the "snowball" theory of software development.

That is where you start with a little snowball, and you start rolling it in the snow. It gets bigger and bigger. Then you come to a hill and it starts really rolling.

At the bottom, the snowball is so big, it runs over houses with no problem.

The opposite method of development is what Star Citizen seems to be doing. Don't start with something small, instead, plan for the entire universe and then get bogged down in the million little details.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Just checked out the update in detail in game and wow. This is a tremendous update. They did a pass on nearly everything in the game. This evokes such a sense of awe and wonder in me even after all these hours played between Xbox and PC.
    I just love it.
    So good. 
    F U Blue, reinstalling right now...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]KyleranmgilbrtsnAlBQuirky

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Lonesols said:
    Haha I think I'm looking at this all wrong, I just remembered there is no way to to easily block chat in nms, I can entrain my self for hours by making fun of console players.  Maybe spam the chat with a bot for hours on end let them know about how awesome thar cross play is haha
    That's sounds depressing as all hell. Life must be pretty boring for you to even think up that shit.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188IselinKyleranmgilbrtsnSandmanjwAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Wierd....I loaded teh game, took abotu 15 minutes for it to start, then all I got was a blank white screen......No idea what is going on with NMS now. I play the PC version. Did they do something that made it much harder to run and now my vid card can't handle it?
    AlBQuirky
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Lonesols said:

cross plataforms or online plays was never was a issue to make mods, people can do it anyway, look at conan several mods, monster hunter world also have mods, worse case, make the game play offline
    AlBQuirky
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I had just started a game about a week ago, so I restarted with this patch as I didn't have much to lose.  The world looks more like a real world -- rocks and outcroppings are much better than the older hills.  There's still hills, but the ones I've encountered are much more realistic.  I've been through a heat wave on the first planet, and went to the second location for some real icy fun.  I'll give a shot with the space station tomorrow.  The new terrain does produce some really dramatic elevation changes, making those jet pack boosts much more useful.  Did I mention picturesque?  My ice world has a couple of substantial cliffs.  I'll try to grab a screenshot tomorrow.

I do wish their next round of improvements involves leveling terrain.  I really hate putting down a base computer before I build a foundation for it.  The basic story walks you through Base Computer before you start building.

AlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BahutBahut Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I tried it on xb1.   Spent the first couple of hours shooting my laser gun at trees and rocks to fix my ship.   Got bored after awhile.   
    AlBQuirky
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited September 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Lonesols said:
    The bigger your opinions, the less value they have, especially when its uneducated ranting. And you have very big opinions.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Why is it I cannot see this post you quoted in the thread ? When I click on his name it is 404 page.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Mendel said:
    I had just started a game about a week ago, so I restarted with this patch as I didn't have much to lose.  The world looks more like a real world -- rocks and outcroppings are much better than the older hills.  There's still hills, but the ones I've encountered are much more realistic.  I've been through a heat wave on the first planet, and went to the second location for some real icy fun.  I'll give a shot with the space station tomorrow.  The new terrain does produce some really dramatic elevation changes, making those jet pack boosts much more useful.  Did I mention picturesque?  My ice world has a couple of substantial cliffs.  I'll try to grab a screenshot tomorrow.

I do wish their next round of improvements involves leveling terrain.  I really hate putting down a base computer before I build a foundation for it.  The basic story walks you through Base Computer before you start building.

The Terrain Manipulator does have a "Flatten" mode now. I've been using it around my base quite a bit. Sadly, while the world my base was on seems to have retained major aspects like having no sentinels or extreme weather, the flora/fauna and lighting really went far in the alien direction, which disappointed me. It was a tropical paradise before.
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    Lonesols said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Why is it I cannot see this post you quoted in the thread ? When I click on his name it is 404 page.
    Seems like he removed his account, his posts and profile are gone completely.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was going to write a long list of ways to improve this but then i just gave up.This team is not capable of this type of game and quite likely no studio is ready for this yet.

I don't like half assed systems,it bothers me,i need to feel like I am really immersed into a plausible world.Seeing a giant sheet of red or blue doesn't cut it for me.I need more life,more building.

To pull off a game like this  we need to start SMALL,a LOT smaller and put the detail and love into that smallr package.This means no more HUD/ships but REAL full size with a crew ships.

This game simply needs to be better everywhere.Maybe there is enough of a player base to support this and allow them to cash in but for me it is not good enough.Like watching gameplay,every 10-20 secs i felt like nope don't like it ,I would change that.

ONE solar system and maybe 3-5 planets,that is where this type of game needs to start.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2020
    I think I may have even mentioned this when NMS first came out,we are not ready for a game like this  until another 10+ years.By that time I still doubt any studio would put in the effort,we would still end up with something like NMS.
    I should give them SOME credit,this is the type of game I want to play,they are on the right track but they are just not capable or ready for this.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    Lonesols said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Oh I see well that is odd he was everywhere past few days and posting profusely. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    Lonesols said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Oh I see well that is odd he was everywhere past few days and posting profusely. 
    What happened to that guy he had some fresh stuff to say, I hope you weren't mean to him Cheyane?

Well if it actually was down to one of us saying something take note, treat new guys with kid gloves, at least for the first month then throw them to the wolves. :)
    cheyanekitaradAlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Its 50% off on Steam, but its in my "you won't have a life games section" along with ED an CK2. So maybe Xmas. :)
    Hawkaya399AlBQuirky
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    Lonesols said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What happened to that guy he had some fresh stuff to say, I hope you weren't mean to him Cheyane?

Well if it actually was down to one of us saying something take note, treat new guys with kid gloves, at least for the first month then throw them to the wolves. :)
    Well I introduced him to Audrey II and Seymour gave me a raise.
    ScotkitaradAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited September 2020
    Torval said:
    Wierd....I loaded teh game, took abotu 15 minutes for it to start, then all I got was a blank white screen......No idea what is going on with NMS now. I play the PC version. Did they do something that made it much harder to run and now my vid card can't handle it?

If you play on Steam going into settings and let background shaders compile and cache. It can take up a lot of bandwidth, drive space, and time, but some of your games might run smoother afterwards. Path of Exile is another one that has a lot of shaders to process.

Also, it may be they've updated their openGL version to something higher than your card supports. This reddit post might help you fix that. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xk0od/fix_for_video_card_without_opengl_45/

Just some ideas to investigate if you're interested.

Yes playing through Steam. Will take a look into that thx. It looks like others were having the white sreen crash also. Hopefully the fix works.
    AlBQuirky
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Wizardry said:
    I think I may have even mentioned this when NMS first came out,we are not ready for a game like this  until another 10+ years.By that time I still doubt any studio would put in the effort,we would still end up with something like NMS.
    I should give them SOME credit,this is the type of game I want to play,they are on the right track but they are just not capable or ready for this.

You get stranger by the post....your contrarian views at least keep us amused. 

Thats ok...you be you...the rest of us will keep playing, and enjoying, this game we are not ready for ....
    SovrathAlBQuirky
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited November 2020
    Wizardry said:

Did you forget to tell Binary Systems--a five man team. In 1986 they released Starflight. 270 star systems and 800 planets to visit. You're 34 years late to give warning. The ball is already rolling. Games don't have to be perfect for players to like them. They don't even have to be popular.

We're never reeady. It's work in progress.
    [Deleted User]SovrathAlBQuirky