Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Complicated New Format

ExelutionExelution Member UncommonPosts: 1
Seriously, what were you thinking.

Having hundreds of games in a website needs to be laid out for a pleasurable browsing experience.
It means that you need to make it simple and easy to browse.
Simple and easy to navigate wherein all those hundreds of titles can be seen in just one page if possible.
Simple and easy to compare all games or check which ones have high ratings or any other comparisons needed because this is a database website afterall.
So many arrows to click which is quite tedious and time consuming for a user. Some users will get tired of clicking and most of the other games will never be browsed or seen with this layout, believe me.

Whoever conceptualized this layout needs to go back to web designing 101.
mochipixelsAtaaka

Comments

• mochipixelsmochipixels Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Absolutely agree.  I've been coming here for years and have utilized the game list to find various games or info about them.  I loved that it was a single page that was easily sorted with minimal clicking.  

Now, as you've said, it's a mess of filters and what feels like at least triple the amount of clicks to get what I want and need.

It used to be easy.  Yes the layout or the graphics might have been slightly dated, but the functionality was efficient and the flow was easy with minimal clicks.

I see so many people here in the forums complaining about core functionality that was never really an issue before the redesign.  I think it's a good idea to step back and look at how it worked before and how it works now and focus on making the UX more user friendly and less clicky/more intuitive without constant drilling through menus and filter functions.
    Ataaka
  • zios007zios007 Member CommonPosts: 3
    After not entering to the site for a while. I've had to come to the forum to find out if it was only me or there was someone else hating the new design of this site. Definitely not using any longer. 
    The rank table was the best thing you guys had. Now it really sucks.. it's unpleasant to navigate through those menus. It was so much more simple to have a table with everything in there like in the old site.
    I definitely would suggest to fire whoever had this idea.... one of the best sites that will go to the trash. So sad. But to be honest.. it is terrible now. Leave it simple as it was please...
    Ataaka
  • BonechipBonechip Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Dear Website Administrators,

The "games list" is hot garbage now. Please put it back to the way it was before.
    -------------------------------------------
    • MMO Dweller Extraordinaire.
    • Mover of Mountains.
    • Monkey Trainer.
    • Author of SparxxUI for Everquest.
  • SaisyaSaisya Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Bonechip said:
    Dear Website Administrators,

The "games list" is hot garbage now. Please put it back to the way it was before.

Cannot reiterate this enough!

This website used to be my go-to for seeing what the trends were with games, and the GAME LIST was the easiest way to find a game, get community reviews from it, see screenshots, supported platforms. I actually "discovered" a lot of MMO's I used to play through this site from that list. Now? It's complete and total trash. Sometimes, I came here not knowing what I was looking for, but the list helped me. I was looking for direction or recommendations. Now, it almost feels as if I have to know the answer to the question before I can even figure out what the question is. Since the re-design, this site is virtually useless to me. It's a sad day with I have to go to the MMORPG subreddit to find something new to play. Unfortunately, there, it feels like an echo chamber of the same 5 games.

C'mon. This used to be my go-to. Now I see no more value in it.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I don't like it either. I really miss the quick game list or whatever it was called. Now it is multiple clicks and this website is already slow to begin with (one of the few websites that was never fast for me).
    New layout lacks usability. I am here mostly for the forums and there are barely any posts shown on the frontpage anymore. 
    Lately I skip this website more and more when browsing for gaming news. It is just too much of a chore to use now.
  • AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Agreed. Everyone needs to voice-up on the Game List topic. 

The changes over the years have pushed people like me out of the kitchen. We are the founding members <cough> and we understand change...we've seen it many times. 

This place does not feel like MMORPG any longer. It feels like a smartphone app that is begging for 1 Star reviews. 

GO back to the live topic reviews and put a BAB (Big-Ass Button) for your game list with a smaller BAB for drilling into categories, etc...

It used to take <7 seconds to find the latest trend and game list...how long is it now?

• wolfe19wolfe19 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I have been visiting this site for years and I have to agree with everyone that posted in this and similar threads.  The redesign of the website is just awful.  It is so bad that I created an account just so I could comment how utterly disappointing the new format is.  You can't even pull up a list of games anymore, the overall design is horrible.  If it doesn't get fixed more and more users will fade away.

• DariansDarians Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2021
    It’s easy for managers to brush the issue under the rug JCPenney Kiosk. They often don’t know how to handle the situation or emotional employees.
    Post edited by Darians on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • MikeFriedman1MikeFriedman1 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The introduction of a complicated new format often sparks lively discussion and debate among various stakeholders. Whether it's a new software interface, a revised document template, or a redesigned workflow through geriatras en guatemala, adapting to change can be challenging for individuals and organizations alike.