Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the 3.1 hype? What about the 4.0 right around the corner?

2»

Comments

  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,604
    Babuinix said:
    So you're stating that the video bellow is heavily edited to hide something lol?


    Seems you're the ones trying to go against the reality wall again and again. :D

    Oh no it's full of stars...




    yes at 52 seconds the rotation stutters and slows down. Lag or edit? Teh there is a fade scene and he is closer to th ship. Then at 124 when he enters the ship thats definitely cut. The ship is spinning around him and then it isnt. That looks like a double cut because then he is trying to go up into the cockpit. There is another cut at 156 probably multiples there actually trying to splice together a few got left behind. I am sure some who could break it down frame by frame would see the remnants.

    The guy built  a frigging movie studio with the money they have have collected what do you think theyre doing with that thing?I wouls say 80-90% of the 'official' stuff they call game play footage is actually movie footage they pretend to play. 

    But that stuff is really immaterial at this point. People can log in every few weeks for free and see for themselves what they can and cant do. I just find it laughable that all these so called player made videos of 'gameplay' can only be accomplished by a select few and no one else can recreate them in game.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,979
    rodarin said:
    yes at 52 seconds the rotation stutters and slows down. Lag or edit? Teh there is a fade scene and he is closer to th ship. Then at 124 when he enters the ship thats definitely cut. The ship is spinning around him and then it isnt. That looks like a double cut because then he is trying to go up into the cockpit. There is another cut at 156 probably multiples there actually trying to splice together a few got left behind. I am sure some who could break it down frame by frame would see the remnants.
    Yes of it's edited for brevity like most youtube clips are, it's all from the same gameplay session as anyone can easily just by reading the chat lol

    rodarin said:
    The guy built  a frigging movie studio with the money they have have collected what do you think theyre doing with that thing?I wouls say 80-90% of the 'official' stuff they call game play footage is actually movie footage they pretend to play. 

    But that stuff is really immaterial at this point. People can log in every few weeks for free and see for themselves what they can and cant do. I just find it laughable that all these so called player made videos of 'gameplay' can only be accomplished by a select few and no one else can recreate them in game.
    It's a clip from a player man, there's no need for tinfoil hat'ery (pun intended).  You don't have to work out excuses every time you see a cool clip of Star Citizen lol

    If you dedicated 1/100th of the time you spend blindly hating on the game in a free-fly you'd know that all of that it's possible ingame quite easily but instead you just keep on digging that delusional hate trench deeper and deeper...
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Bored gamer have a special relation with CIG, I think he was invited to headquarters etc.
    Also he seems to care about from revenues from youtube so he does not want to piss the white knights and have his channel down.
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Erillion said:
    Because we ARE playing Star Citizen Alpha and mostly ignoring bait posts, except on a sunday when i have more time.

    Getting lonely ? ;-)


    Have fun

    So how many hour per week are you playing the game and what are you doing in game. ? Just honest curiosity.
    I try every couple of moths and either the bugs are too game breaking (got stuck in some structure or fell trough floor and die or the space ship is bugged and i can't open doors etc ) and i give up or if i manage to take off from the planet after one or 2 quantum travels i lose interest. I play on an i5 6600k overclocked to 4.2GHZ, 64gb ram , ssd , gtx 1070 .
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,254
    apanz3r said:
    Erillion said:
    Because we ARE playing Star Citizen Alpha and mostly ignoring bait posts, except on a sunday when i have more time.

    Getting lonely ? ;-)


    Have fun

    So how many hour per week are you playing the game and what are you doing in game. ? Just honest curiosity.
    I try every couple of moths and either the bugs are too game breaking (got stuck in some structure or fell trough floor and die or the space ship is bugged and i can't open doors etc ) and i give up or if i manage to take off from the planet after one or 2 quantum travels i lose interest. I play on an i5 6600k overclocked to 4.2GHZ, 64gb ram , ssd , gtx 1070 .

    About 20 hours per week  (a bit less lately due to work). Your rig is better than mine.

    About half of the time is meeting my friends in game and doing silly stuff ... boarding actions, cliff jumping with buggies, snow races, fashion shows, exploring a ship you have never been to, competitive racing, making X-mas trees out of ships in orbit....

    The other half of the time is exploring new things and features, trying to reproduce bugs and writing bug reports (it IS after all voluntary playtesting), fight training (in space and on foot), trying to find special locations that friends or other fans have found and described, trying to find good trade routes or mission chains/combos ...

    And sometimes you just watch and take screenshots without UI because some of the sights are just awesome (see the picture thread here for examples of people that have a talent in selecting the best screenshots).

    And the most important thing is to ....


    Have fun
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,450
    botrytis said:
    Babuinix said:

    The spinning is great!  :D

    Dont know the context of this but graphically it looks fine, but seriously it just looks dumb.
    WOW, I can spin a ship in space. I wonder if CIS realizes that real physics wouldn't allow that.....
    Not sure where you learned physics, but you can absolutely spin a ship in space, the Pilot and crew would get sick as hell and the ship would have to be huge in order to be able to spin at a rate slow enough to not scramble everyone together, but it can be done. This is speaking to creating gravity, as far as just maneuvering, space vessels can already do that.

    Now that that is out of the way,  Who cares? 

    If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

    In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Sign In or Register to comment.