Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Ashes of Creation Creative Director in PAX Panel About 'The Future of Online Games'

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageWatch Ashes of Creation Creative Director in PAX Panel About 'The Future of Online Games'

You can check out the PAX panel which took place recently featuring Ashes of Creation Creative Director Steven Sharif and other studio heads.

Read the full story here

Babuinix

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited September 2020
    EEK!!! 11hr video? Is there cole notes? Highlights?
    [Deleted User]AmatheScot
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Why does the article only focus on Ashes of Creation's participation in the video? :confused:

It wasn't the only game represented. John Smedley from Amazon Game Studios, Chris Perkins from Pantheon, and J. Todd Coleman from Crowfall were all there too.

The way this article was phrased it suggests Ashes was the headline act and diminishes the other participants' involvement.
    KumaponAmatheBabuinixBruceYee
    --------------------------------------------
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nanfoodle said:

bigmilk said:

Nanfoodle said:

Are you that incapable of reading 3 sentences below the embedded video? Youtube even has named chapters marked in the timeline. Maybe you should forget about video games for the rest of your childhood and get better at reading and analysis.

Additionally, they are called "Coles Notes". I'm not surprised you can't even get that right.

Yes, just making a joke =-) sorry if that was not picked up

Joke or not, there's no way I'm going to watch 11 hours of talking heads.  Maybe videos like this are an indication of what may be wrong with the games industry.   Excessive.  Pointless.  Unfocused.  Words, not results.  I could be wrong, but this video may be the perfect crowdfunded effort!

AmatheTokken

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Mendel said:
    Nanfoodle said:

bigmilk said:

Nanfoodle said:

Are you that incapable of reading 3 sentences below the embedded video? Youtube even has named chapters marked in the timeline. Maybe you should forget about video games for the rest of your childhood and get better at reading and analysis.

Additionally, they are called "Coles Notes". I'm not surprised you can't even get that right.

Yes, just making a joke =-) sorry if that was not picked up

Joke or not, there's no way I'm going to watch 11 hours of talking heads.  Maybe videos like this are an indication of what may be wrong with the games industry.   Excessive.  Pointless.  Unfocused.  Words, not results.  I could be wrong, but this video may be the perfect crowdfunded effort!

Ya I watched some of it before and just could not get into it. I used to look at game developers like rock stars but they can get long winded when I just want to hear when I get to play their game lol
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    By the time the video ends, you will have already reached the future of gaming.
    BruceYee

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Who's Cole? Grandson of Cliff?
    AmatheBrainy

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

Nanfoodle said:

bigmilk said:

Nanfoodle said:

Yes, just making a joke =-) sorry if that was not picked up. (muffles: Rude Much)

For me that was not a joke, we could read what they said in ten minutes, but instead we have to watch an hour long video...boring.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Why does the article only focus on Ashes of Creation's participation in the video? :confused:

It wasn't the only game represented. John Smedley from Amazon Game Studios, Chris Perkins from Pantheon, and J. Todd Coleman from Crowfall were all there too.

The way this article was phrased it suggests Ashes was the headline act and diminishes the other participants' involvement.

IMO the only one of those who has any right to comment on the "future of gaming" is Coleman. He's the only one in recent times who has actually created a working playable product that has a 100% chance of seeing release. He also has the right because he created a almost complete full feature MMO for 20mil in 2020. EQ Next had already spent 15mil when SOE crumbled and who knows how far along in development they were. People laughed at the Pathfinder Online guy when he showed up at one of these types of things next to Garriot but that game was at least playable at that time. Compare that to Pantheon, AoC & what Smed is working on which could all be vaporware. The criteria for being an authority on the future of gaming should be having your most recent product at least playable & public ready.
    [Deleted User]
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, let's see if one of em will actually release their new game some day ^^
    [Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"