Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harry Potter Hogwarts Legends PS5 4k reveal!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks great. I am a big fan of Harry Potter.
    Dragnelus

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Can't say I'm that big a fan so I wouldn't play it (though i really liked the movies) but this is going to be a must play for actual Harry Potter fans.

Looks great.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Not an especially big fan of HP, but I am interested. 
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Nice graphics. But I'm not a H.P. fan, so it will be a pass for me. Hope the game play is enjoyable for those who are looking forward to it!
    Sovrath
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Aren't we supposed to burn RK Rowling's stuff at the stake?  Literally, the PC police are burning her books on tik tok and social media (multiple ironies, free speech and also a writer about witches).   ;)

Never played a Harry Potter game, but if it's good... I might give it a go (probably too easy, for kids).  Really enjoy the Harry Potter movies.
    YashaX
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Am I the only one getting kind of Dragon Age vibes from this trailer? If it plays like a DA RPG in the HP universe i'm all in.
    YashaXNyghthowler

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Am I the only one getting kind of Dragon Age vibes from this trailer? If it plays like a DA RPG in the HP universe i'm all in.
    I'm not getting a specific DA vibe - more of a classic Bioware "story first" one, but I know what you mean.

It's also smart that they set it a couple of hundred years back so they don't need to deal with Potter lore, just Hogwarth and the wizarding world of that universe without any tie-in to the characters from the books. I like that about it too.
    rojoArcueidYashaXNyghthowler
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    What's up with all the 4k gimmicks? Is this some new marketing "gotta do it this way or you're not cool" trick?
    Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gorwe said:
    What's up with all the 4k gimmicks? Is this some new marketing "gotta do it this way or you're not cool" trick?
    All I know is that my TV is still 1080p and won't be getting upgraded until it dies :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    All I know is that my TV is still 1080p and won't be getting upgraded until it dies :)

I have to upgrade (one of my) TVs due to broadcasting signal change. Apparently.

That's just what I was getting at. I wouldn't be surprised if 4k gaming is still well below 5%, where 1080p gaming is still the king(80%). Yet! Everyone keeps yammering about 4k for some odd reason.

Must be marketing.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:

I have to upgrade (one of my) TVs due to broadcasting signal change. Apparently.

That's just what I was getting at. I wouldn't be surprised if 4k gaming is still well below 5%, where 1080p gaming is still the king(80%). Yet! Everyone keeps yammering about 4k for some odd reason.

Must be marketing.
    When buying a new tv, most models on the market come in 4k. I was very surprised about that when I did some digital window shopping a few weeks back. It seems to be the new (artificially created) standard.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• pokitrenpokitren Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Now Harry Potter is also on the PS5. I didn't like it. It was interesting to read the book, interesting to watch, but not to play.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    pokitren said:
    Now Harry Potter is also on the PS5. I didn't like it. It was interesting to read the book, interesting to watch, but not to play.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• pokitrenpokitren Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Scot said:
    pokitren said:
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks)