Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its the most populair, so its bad.

13»

Comments

• T_keT_ke Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by fiontar
    No game can be perfect for everyone. WoW is a great MMORPG in many ways. If  Blizzard could have delivered the expansion a few months ago, instead of late this year, they wouldn't be losing so many people to boredom. A lot of negative feedback on WoW is from people who once enjoyed the game, but have reached the wall of boredom a year before the next expansion is due.I hope they already have future expansions in full development. If Burning Crusade is good (and not any later than this fall) AND Blizzard can get future expansions on a 9 month release schedule, they could get things completely back on track and sew up a continuing dominance in the market. If, on the other hand, there is another two year wait between BC and the next expansion, then the market will be ripe for a game that will decimate WoW and steal it's success.The irony about SOE is that they seem to have given content creation and productivity tools a high priority in the development of EQII, only to have those efforts wasted because the game itself (and SOE customer service) is so horrible.

Couldn't agree more.

except:
    Its an easy game, what makes it popular to many players. Major downside is the fact that once you're lvl 60 the game ends.

Its a fun passtime while waiting for a mmorpg.

------------------------------
    Carpe Diem

Greetz

MisterT

• Deva-stateDeva-state Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by Shayde

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    Ehh no. The reason I vote down WoW is because I don't really understand why people play it. It's absolutely most popular due to being simple. People in majority don't stand playing advanced games.
    There are tons of other stuff that makes people go on against WoW. Just learn them all and you will see. I dislike that everything has to be compared to WoW aswell, like it was the best game for everyone.
    And then we have the WoW fanboys which enrages most players everywhere.

It's the most popular because it has the most content, the least bugs, and some sort of endgame content.

Not to mention the customer service is head and shoulders above everyone else. They rarely push bugs to live, and if they do.. it's fixed REALLY fast, and we're given free time to compensate. NC Soft does this as well, but few other companies do.

Quite frankly, it is the polar opposite of any $OE game.

Oh, and it's fun too.

You sir are an idiot. You have a problem with SOE great.. But don't make up bullshit about the game you happen to like.. I've played since release and I still play it ,it's a great game. But lets not blow some.. The Customer support sucks, the game 18months old and still suffers from bug after bug.. Your just full of shit
  • Being the most popular doesn't make it necessarily bad or good. And just because I didn't care for it during beta doesn't slant my opinion against it. Quite a few people care about it so that should be enough to indicate it has it's good points. After all, if it had a low subcriber base the OP would be claiming it was bad because of that too. You should never assume that because you personally didn't like it that a game is worthless unless your ego won't let you consider anything else. :)
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by Deva-state
    You sir are an idiot. You have a problem with SOE great.. But don't make up bullshit about the game you happen to like......... Your just full of shit

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!

Great stuff, great stuff, hahaha

• CRKXXXCRKXXX Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Gameloading

1: the endgame is nothing but raiding. Everquest had it, and people acted like its heaven on earth. WoW has it and its suddenly the worst thing since britney spears.

2 :pvp outside any kind of battlegrounds is pointless. when Daoc had pvp outside "battlegrounds" without consequences, it was brilliant. when WoW did it, it was suddenly the worst thing ever

3: Everquest had a long grind. WoW made a game with a less hard grind, and now its suddenly WAY to easy to hit the cap!

4: People complain about the forced quests. there are too many of them. however when they play RF Online or Lineage 2, it suddenly sucks because those games have to LITTLE quests.

5: WoW promised from the start to take all good things from other games and improve them. yet now people are suddenly complaining WoW didn't bring anything new to the genre.

my point? Its the most populair game, so everything in it must be bad. people just can't accept that a product that has more players then their game actually is of high quality for once.

All of you that say WoW suck ... your on crack because this game has probably the most people playing it we got what 6 million subscribers? Every game gets boering eventually, and for those that play 10+hours a day are just ruining the game and their life. Because if i play for 3+ hours a day for a week i want to quit, to many people burn themselves out too fast and shouldnt play as much as they do, mostly the people getting HW and GM. Most that I know end up quitting, just take a break, go outside more ...something and come back playing like a hour a two a couple days a week and the game is a lot more fun.

$$ Chris $$

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by CRKXXX
    All of you that say WoW suck ... your on crack because this game has probably the most people playing it we got what 6 million subscribers? Every game gets boering eventually, and for those that play 10+hours a day are just ruining the game and their life. Because if i play for 3+ hours a day for a week i want to quit, to many people burn themselves out too fast and shouldnt play as much as they do, mostly the people getting HW and GM. Most that I know end up quitting, just take a break, go outside more ...something and come back playing like a hour a two a couple days a week and the game is a lot more fun.

Tryed that. Doesen't work, actualy I quit for good after I tryed that and saw things from all new perspective. But, I hate raiding and no real world PVP so I'm somewhat bias.

• Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    I tried that as well and gave up. I tried to cut back my time but if I can't raid well wtf can I do then not much. I can pvp and grind and hope to one day get good enough gear to not get steam rolled by Guilds that farm MC and BWL. There's nothing to look forward to in WoW as a casual gamer once you hit 60. Games that are far more casual friendly are ones such as City Of Heroes which i'm thinking of going back to. I don't mind raiding but to have to do it all the time to get anywhere it just sucks. If I could say spend 10 hours solo grinding and get say a peace of the tier 2 set that would be ok. I just want to be able to solo small group and not have to do 40+ man raids 5 days a week in order to stay competitive in pvp.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

WoW is popular because it uses a popular franchise, a good company, and its a solid game. The graphics aren't next gen (SOE seems to be obsessed with making games with insane graphic reqs) so many more people's computers can run WoW compared to a game like EQ2. Every game is going to have bugs, bug I can honestly say WoW has way, way fewer bugs than any other MMO I've played.

WoW's shortcomings:

The world is to small, and the servers are to small (only like 1800 people online at any one time, half of which you will never play with because they are opposite faction). The end game is too focused on 40 man dungeon raiding, which cuts out the majority of players who aren't in big raid guilds. The game never changes; there are no events, nothing like that. It would be damn hard to do considering there are like 400 WoW servers (they are really damn small).

That being said, WoW is one of the most fun MMOs I've ever played. SWG was better after launch, before SOE FUBARED it with Jedis and 3 different combat systems, but no other game really comes close. WoW FTW!

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by BelisariusDL

Originally posted by Finduilas

$OE has more money than anyone.. and had thrown more money into ALL their games than Bliz did WoW. All $OE's games have been bug-filled messes that they screw up more than they fix.
    WoW did it right. Now you FAULT them for it?

LoL. Do you any ANY idea how much was spent to produce WoW, compared to other products?

And don't compare Blizzards investment in ONE game to another companies investment in several, plus all the expansions. Compare like for like.

Post imperical evidence to support your claim or shut up.

And what about you Chief????  Show me some imperical evidencce on how much WOW cost....Cant huh? 

Err, I know exactly how much WoW cost Blizzard to make, in fact the numbers are not a secret. Do some reaearch and you'll see, or are you too afraid to? As a rough guide Blizzard had a budget about 4 times the size that Sigil has for VSoH. And Everquest cost a fraction of the VSoH budget to make. When you compare like for like, not ALL EQs expansions costs to ONE Blizzard game, the number do not compare.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    Ehh no. The reason I vote down WoW is because I don't really understand why people play it. It's absolutely most popular due to being simple. People in majority don't stand playing advanced games.
    There are tons of other stuff that makes people go on against WoW. Just learn them all and you will see. I dislike that everything has to be compared to WoW aswell, like it was the best game for everyone.
    And then we have the WoW fanboys which enrages most players everywhere.

It's the most popular because it has the most content, the least bugs, and some sort of endgame content.

Not to mention the customer service is head and shoulders above everyone else. They rarely push bugs to live, and if they do.. it's fixed REALLY fast, and we're given free time to compensate. NC Soft does this as well, but few other companies do.

Quite frankly, it is the polar opposite of any $OE game.

Oh, and it's fun too.

End game content!

Customer service who you be lucky to get a automated reply.

Did you even play this game to 60 lol !

I seriously seriously doubt it because you are stating things which are totally wrong.

I have some good things to say about the game like it runs smoothly(off peak/weekdays),good learning curve,uniqueness in the class,simple to get into,very picture like environment,great fun while levelling to 60,few bugs,fun dungeons.

As for free time again you do not even know why we get free time.I gotten about 8 days of free time on my euro server and you know why?Because the server are unstable every blessed weekend and we only got free time back for about a quarter of the time the servers actually totally failed and came down for 1-2 days.

this is not even counting the times the servers were lagging,crashed for short durations or such.

but when you come here and sprout most content,great customer service,end game content i got to laugh and fall off my chair.

This is what most of us that played for over a year made us quit.You can pick on the good things this game has which is has a lot or else i would not have played it for over 1 year but nearly all the points you point out are actually the mess up in the game.

Again i laugh at your great customer service and end game content it was a good JOKE