Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to pick a game?

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    xpsync said:
    Last night i read something about the new Flight Simulator, was a fan of the series,  and what do you know FREE! on microsoft game pass on pc. How can i not check it out.

That could be dynamite option for you op, best option is to pay for live gold, then drop a buck and convert to pass, for the year or up to three in advance. Good savings.

It's like steam but everything is free.

You do know what "free" means, right?

Or are you a marketer? lol
    Catibrie

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    cheyane said:
    How much hard drive space do you have ? I have 930 GB (one TB when I bought it) but I only install games I am playing. My SSD (250 GB when I bought it) is only big enough for my OS and may be one game so I seldom put anything there.

My computer is around 5-6 years old now.
    Some 600 or so Gigabytes. If I factor in that you shouldn't fill up your drives to the top(always leave ~10% free space), that decreases it to ~500GB. Regardless, 50GB+ is HUGE, what do they do with all that data, can't it be used more efficiently? I'd really like to try MHW, but...lol.

My own personal rule is to pay attention to my mental state after playing; use this as a heuristic for guiding where to spend time and energy.
    Interesting. Care to elaborate on this? I'll certainly have a follow-up on this.

/

Now, for a confession. Tbh, I wanted to "play" Disco Elysium and it was on some 40% discount on Steam, but just as I was about to purchase it, the sale ended. Because it was some retarded Thursday-Saturday deal or what have you ; it wasn't even advertised!

I really want(ed) to experience the amazing weirdness of Disco, but 40$ is a bit too much, if it costed 25-30$...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I go with gameplay over anything else. 
    Story I can live with or without but good gameplay is crucial to me. 

I'm actually the opposite. I care more about interesting experiences, visuals then story, and game play is next.

Whatever that means. I just have to be able to navigate all the interface easily, be able to make quick decisions easily if the game calls for that, etc.

AlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited September 2020
    Sovrath said:
    I go with gameplay over anything else. 
    Story I can live with or without but good gameplay is crucial to me. 

I'm actually the opposite. I care more about interesting experiences, visuals then story, and game play is next.

Whatever that means. I just have to be able to navigate all the interface easily, be able to make quick decisions easily if the game calls for that, etc.

For me, it's about equal. I tend to remember other things either if the game is a masterpiece(Sekiro) or if its gameplay was simply lacking(GreedFall). I NEED good gameplay only in those "trash" games that you play to pass the time, to quell your...well...addiction.

Though what I really appreciate is the intangible flowing from tangible. Subjective experiences and atmospheres and badass moments...both gameplay and otherwise can deliver this.

And, while I don't have anything against unraveling how the game stats work, I prefer when they are straightforward and intuitive, so I can get to the sexy part ASAP(story, combat, general feeling of the game ; I don't like wasting time).
    SovrathAlBQuirky

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited September 2020
    Ok, I think I'll go for TitanQuest. I just need to find all the mods I need. Too bad Paths are no longer being worked on. :(

Could also take Company or AoE 1 or even Nioh aside. Probably Company, it has an awesome campaign and I can always progress into the BlitzKrieg mod.

Yeah, it'll be TQ + CoH + Nioh -> Disco(I fully expect it to come on sale on GOG near the end of the month) -> ...

Thank you for your help!
    AlBQuirky

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited September 2020
    Hm, that hasn't crossed my mind. TQ(and other H+S games) are probably more comfortable on Phone / Pad than with M+K, but you do pay the price of the lack of mods.

Regardless, thank you for everything! Now I can continue with my life...

Edit: Once I manage to get a larger HDD, I will also probably try MHW. Fuck that size, really!