Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Browser

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
I am having an issue where threads go totally white between the two flanking advert bars. All the other pages are fine, like the list of forums or my account details. But any thread does this nearly all the time, my last post was the first I was able to make today as this morning all threads were whited out. I doubt I will be able to see this thread once I post it, but if I keep trying hopefully I will. This occurs in both MS Edge and Opera so I don't think its the browser.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    ....cookies.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Not a bad suggestion but I find that as long as I stick to one "tab" on my browser this does not happen. If I start opening forum threads into other tabs they go white between the ad bars. This does not happen on other forums.
    edited September 2020
    Just manged to log back in, after I tried what you said I was logged out and could not get back in. After changing my password I found it would not let me back in as some thing was wrong with the password. So I left it until I had another idea, which often works. I remembered that password policy changed on a site I was on before but I had no issues until I got a new PC and had to log in again. I also remembered that symbols in passwords can cause issues and I noticed the "%" symbol was not on the examples shown of what symbols to use. So I changed that and the password change was accepted. But maybe its was something else, I did change some cookie stuff before I tried to change the password. 

So back and waiting to see if the white screen turns up again. :)
    Post edited by Scot on
    tzervo said:
    Heh yeah. Cookies also hold log in and auth data. That was why I advised only deleting this site's cookies, so you don't mess up settings/log in info anywhere else. Let's hope it was worth the hassle :)
    Looks like the white forums have gone so it was. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    The site forces you to accept all cookies or it won't work properly.
    ChildoftheShadows
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    im having the same issue on forums the page becomes full white...deleted cookies, accepted only necessary, and relogged in but still have issues i stop the page once website pops so it doesnt go full white
    edited November 2020
    It may well be a cookie issue, I am certain now it is not to do with browser updates, which have caused me a number of issues in the past.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    #1 using Edge..grrrrrrrrrrrr,quit supporting that forced agenda by Microsoft.Use Brave or something.

Trying to figure this site out is just a headache,i get screens reposting  2-3x while not seeing that anywhere else,so I assume this is by intent.At least 2-3x every month the html doesn't work properly on this site and again nowhere else does that happen for me at least.

I just mentioned the other day that when I turn off  ad blocker "trying to be a nice guy or fair whatever"the entire screen is bombarded with ads and chat disappears.

Then the lack of tools in most sections is like going back 30+ years in the internet it is abysmal to see.Like in this post/thread I do have access to the "tools" you know like...link/embed/picture/strikethrough/ordered list etc etc but most of the time,nothing.

So yeah this site is like 1980's stuff but I am sure it is a cheap option for them to run to operate.
    On the topic of "cookies"well if there is a positive to this,at least they are not trying to slap you in the face with stupidity like sites for years telling us it is to give us a "better user experience",nothing worse than hearing BS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

"On the topic of "cookies"well if there is a positive to this,at least they are not trying to slap you in the face with stupidity like sites for years telling us it is to give us a "better user experience",nothing worse than hearing BS."

Very true, nor do you get those annoying little video pop ups, or adverts which interrupt the forum content.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    didnt update browser or anything and now works fine .....  :| 

• hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157
    This happens to me now. I have to stop the forum page loading as soon as I see it, otherwise it will finish loading and the screen becomes white with only the front page's background image (sponsor?) showing. https://imgur.com/a/IAuMSYQ
    Have you tried looking at the cookie settings?
    hupa
  • hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I thought I tried that already, guess not. It's working now after removing every cookie by clicking the lock icon and refreshing the page and accepting all cookies.

Thanks Scot
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    I get the white page from time to time when I click on the 'Forums Home' drop down from the Home page.

The Discussion page will just start to load and then will blink out and be replaced by the white page with only the 2 side bar adverts displaying. 

Refresh fixes it for me.
    Scot

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter