Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage 2 officially in the works

ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
Is your wallet ready? https://massivelyop.com/2020/09/10/xlgames-finally-confirms-archeage-2-a-next-gen-large-scale-aaa-mmorpg/

ArcheAge 2 is more than a rumor now – it’s a sure thing. The news comes according to Korean website Ruliweb, which reports that Jake Song has put together a team of 50 devs to work on the Unreal Engine 5 sequel under the XLGAMES and Kakao banners.

Comments

• CrystallineNMCrystallineNM Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited September 2020
    My wallet is ready to ignore this, which is a shame because I love Archeages class system and animations.
    Dibdabs
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited September 2020
    In b4 dmkano

But seriously, the original was a scam.  Lawsuit aside, the game was never anything more than a money grab thinly veiled with shiny bits.  No reason to expect a sequel to be better. 
    GdemamiDibdabs
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I enjoy the originals unchained server but the main servers were insanely P2W. Based on trends with Korean MMO's, I wonder if they will have a mobile version or tie in, or make it entirely mobile which would be awful. 
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    edited September 2020
    AA1 is for me still the best and worst MMORPG of all times.

Best: 
    - class system
    - law system
    - Sandpark
    - Open world PvP system with war/peace times so you can also chill sometimes

Worst:
    - Power Creep
    - Daily grinding
    - Missed Sandbox possibilities which obviously were planned but scrapped when it turned more and more into a themepark asia grinder

And many more. 
    I could write a book about where this game could have been a dream for me but went into the wrong direction.

I really hope AA2 will go the sandpark direction again, else hard pass!

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    It is interesting... at the very least.

With that said, I sincerely doubt they can recapture the same feeling the original did back then. 

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I really loved the crafting, land and trade systems in this.  Regardless of the P2W nature of the game, the non-consensual PvP and their insistence on forcing gear progression to be reliant on grinding in PvP zones, made it very hard to play if you didn't want to commit a massive amount of time to keeping up.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    They should not name it archeage 2 , because we all know 2 mean "it's suck" .
  • CrystallineNMCrystallineNM Member UncommonPosts: 45
    OG_Zorvan said:
    iixviiiix said:
    If they don't want anyone knowing it's gonna suck, they should have left out "Archeage" and "XLGames" as well.
    Welcome to ArcheEra by ExtraLarge-Games. Now nobody will be the wiser.
    [Deleted User]Cryomatrix
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    So how will this be successful where the first game failed when its still has some of the same issues at play.          

that being the following:

*Being Made with an Engine thats known to not work well for MMO.

*Still a Korean MMO built for Koreans MMO culture, by Korean MMO developers that will have a western Translation/Host Publisher but little to know western input in the future game development.
    Gdemami

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    OG_Zorvan said:
    iixviiiix said:
    If they don't want anyone knowing it's gonna suck, they should have left out "Archeage" and "XLGames" as well.
    I don’t think just calling it “2” would be a smart thing either . ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    The best indicator of future performance....is past performance.

I'll give it a look, but I'm pretty sure how it'll turn out.
    Gdemami
  • sereinpromasereinproma Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Reasonable and appropriate games allow humans to challenge and overcome obstacles in a simulated environment. They can help humans develop intelligence, exercise thinking and reaction abilities, train skills, and cultivate awareness of rules. Large-scale online games can also cultivate strategic and tactical awareness and team spirit. But everything is too bad, and excessive gaming can also harm people's physical and mental health.http://www.bestgrouponline.com/
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Better pre-order founder pack 1-3 for the official Archeage 2 servers. Its just normal Archeage but another rerelease on a different server.

(For people who dont realise this... Archeage has released "New start" servers with founder packs about 5 times now. Its like they want to milk it over and over again thinking it will go better at the next restart server)
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED