Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling on story missions only?

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
If you are a subscriber can you level only doing story missions or do you need to do the side quests on each planet.  Also can this be done as a ftp.  I saw they have a double xp month coming up.  I have not playing years and was thinking about checking it out.  I only want to do the story missions though, so how can I accomplish it?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Yup, just the main story is all you need to do. Sad part is they have made the content way to easy. There is no challenge left in the game :/ great story still.
    Amathe
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Thanks

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Nanfoodle said:
    Yup, just the main story is all you need to do. Sad part is they have made the content way to easy. There is no challenge left in the game :/ great story still.

game was easy anyway depeding on how soon you get your healer, with now I heard it don't even is a issue anymore, any compnaion can do anything
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    For what it is worth; You are scaled down to a 'max level' of the zone/planet you are on. On the first few planets, I was doing story plus side quests and now, every where I've gone, nearing the end of chapter 3 of the smuggler story, I am scaled downward and I've solely being doing the story missions. This is without doing any Flashpoints or anything 'extra' like that along the way.

So not sure if you would essentially max level each zone on just story content, but if not, I don't see it taking many side quests early on to do so. Also, the side quests generally seem to be in the path of the story missions anyhow, so hasn't tended to be too much extra  time to do them (aside from the planet story arc "bonus series" missions).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    They changed it a while back now so all ANYONE needs to do is the Class and Planet Stories to level up.

They found that players doing all the quests on each planet were just zooming up in levels (which with the planet level caps didn't do you a bit of good) so they tweated the story and planet quest xp and announced that's all you needed.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You will not have a hard time leveling. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests