Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World - November next beta with potentially lots of changes/additions

TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/thank-you-adventurers

Snip:

"There are great things ahead for New World and our team...and for you! We will continue development, now armed with a vast amount of feedback, suggestions, and data. We plan to focus on adding more mid and end game content but also features that are just fun. In particular, we are working toward adding more in the areas of game modes, land mass, AI variety, additional weapon types, quest variety, and more. We are excited to share our vision for New World with you, and will continue pushing in this direction until we feel we have the right amount of content and polish for the great launch our players deserve.

Looking ahead, we will be launching our next phase of testing in November. This will be your chance to continue helping us test and develop"

immolatuzTillerRovnSovrathmuthaxTokkenYashaX

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I don't know, it's kinda nice that there is a fresh new game studio that is willing to listen and hasn't yet been soured by trolls and asshats yet.  Regardless of what the doom and gloomers say, I have high hopes for this game. It's nice to see a new Western MMO on the horizon.

RovnSovrathUtinnimuthaxTokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    A studio that does a big open test, takes lots of feedback, then decides to improve upon the things people both like and dislike?! It's exactly what the users of this website have been clamoring for but they'll probably still complain.
    TillermuthaxmcrippinsYashaXmmolou
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All sounds good except for game modes,that part makes me cringe at the very notion of turning the game into something totally different.
    I do not believe this was via feedback,i believe they always had planned on modes to keep the players playing long term to monetize the crap out of the game.
    I just don't see it though,i highly doubt anyone is going to be on board for a SEASONS pass pvp ordeal.

Nice of them to say they are still developing the game...lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited September 2020
    I do have some issues however,more weapons,more quests?
    BY time they arrive the player base will be at end level,so what's the point.This was not Beta and neither is the next rendition,this was a soft launch trying to avoid criticism.

SO what are they going to do now before the game is even officially launched,add all end game stuff,turn this into another Wow?

Land mass,again if everyone surpassed the entire game as is typically the RACE that happens in these games,then what more end game land mass?

They should NEVER release a game like this it ruins the chance of adding early game and enjoying anything added early game.I can't stand how dam greedy developers are,they can't wait to put out a half assed game to make money as soon as possible and ruining the chance the game could be really good.

IMO the world looked mostly empty,they should have filled in the zones with more to do more to see.Too late now right,everyone is racing to end level.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

How many bought this game already 100k or so,maybe more?What a nice scam,open servers for a few days make half a million in sales.They shouldn't be selling a game until it is fully released.
    Gdemami

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited September 2020
    Wizardry said:
    All sounds good except for game modes,that part makes me cringe at the very notion of turning the game into something totally different.
    I do not believe this was via feedback,i believe they always had planned on modes to keep the players playing long term to monetize the crap out of the game.
    I just don't see it though,i highly doubt anyone is going to be on board for a SEASONS pass pvp ordeal.

People have speculated how they will monetize the game long term, since it is a buy to play game. 

It is confirmed there will be a cash shop (on their FAQs) but they insist it will not be for p2w items, likely cosmetics (like furniture for housing).

I am skeptical that alone could keep the servers going, especially if it's popular, so I was curious what type of expansions/DLCs or other cash shop items they may add.  

The fact that they are kinda scrambling to add content indicates that they may not have a great roadmap for future expansion releases (could be wrong).

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    edited September 2020
    Soft Launch means no wipes and this is going to be wiped already for november, so no, it's not a soft launch

Also people ordering on amazon instead of steam pay nothing till release day

So no scam

And as for monetizing the game? It all run on AWS infrastructure, owned by Amazon, and  like somebody already pointed out in another thread this is mostly to show what Lumberjack and the AWS infrastructure can offer to developers (a sale pitch). It's more about putting a food into the games market

AND it will be the engine on which their LOTR game will run, that alone made me go from "meh" to "very interested" about that title
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    muthax said:
    Soft Launch means no wipes and this is going to be wiped already for november, so no, it's not a soft launch

Also people ordering on amazon instead of steam pay nothing till release day

So no scam

I got a free copy since I preordered it back in 2017 when it was going to be free to play. I don't feel scammed.
    muthax
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Wizardry said:

What do they mean by MORE Game Modes?

Battle Royale?
    Single player?
    Difficulty settings?

Could someone clarify for me please?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    edited September 2020
    Tokken said:
    Wizardry said:

What do they mean by MORE Game Modes?

Battle Royale?
    Single player?
    Difficulty settings?

Could someone clarify for me please?
    Noone knows yet, and it's best not to assume! It could easily mean something like more types of 'rift' style events. Could also mean something else entirely.
    SovrathTiller
  • dartseeddartseed Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Another type of rift style for me - that wouldn't be a different game mode.

Unless it's another instanced rift invastion that has a drastically different ruleset to qualify as a different game mode.

Game modes are fundamentally different ways of playing

Like Battle Royale, or capture the flag, single player, arena PvP etc...

just my 2c
    Could be they're adding dungeons/raids. I'd consider each of those a different type of game modes from what they're already offering.