Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer managed to ruin the game to a point i no longer want to play

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
I can't believe my luck,first i play FFXi for years then the devs turn it into end game WOW...grrr so i leave.

Now i stick by Atlas all this time,almost 2 years i think and now the devs are completely changing the game i already loved and ruining it it badly.It looks like the devs are trying to veer away from game development and steer this game into a simple Battle Royale on seas.
My guess,easier to handle the game is one dimensional.

Today they completely removed the Bow from the game,citing it as too OP.Guns have a long boring mini game to play while loading,definitely not into slow boring game play.So they somehow managed to turn me right off to the point i no longer want to play.
I see the long term road map as a scummy one from this LAZY team.

They sent us a link to a Q/A however MOST questions were incredibly superficial to the point IDC about 50% of the questions.

So now i have my two fave games ruined by the people that created them only in case of Atlas i wonder if the team actually did make this game.The owners of Snail/Ark business have long been partnered with Intact games,an Israel operation.IMO there is a good chance Intact did most of the original work "sub contracted"then a small rag tag team tries to handle the updates/bug fixing on their own.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

GdemamibcbullycheyanexpsyncSovrathAbimorUngood

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited September 2020
    ...I say sue these bastards.

Devs made changes without your approval?! That is outrageous and fraudulent behavior right there. They clearly have no idea what they are doing and you should not let that slip through.

What's gonna be next? They make a mobile game?!

That mean attitude of doing w/e they want with their money has to be stopped, it's spreading like a con-us-virus.
    RemaliWhiteLanternUngoodthelawoflogic
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I can totally understand where you're coming from. If I truly loved playing a game and have paid a lot for the game and I don't mean cash but effort, time and passion I would be pissed off too if the direction changed to something I have no interest in.
    UngoodTemp0
    Chamber of Chains
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited September 2020
    Unfortunately people make very stupid decisions, EQ2 2004 to 2008 best mmorpg of all time, but was turned into a raging dumpster fire all for a slice of wow pie.

Retrospect had EQ2 stuck to their guns and not turned it into an easy bake oven, there's a good 10 million people who left wow because it went overboard on the fisher-price, OG EQ2 would have been their perfect new home, and a home i would have never left in 2008.
    GdemamiUngood
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    xpsync said:
    Unfortunately people make very stupid decisions, EQ2 2004 to 2008 best mmorpg of all time, but was turned into a raging dumpster fire all for a slice of wow pie.

Retrospect had EQ2 stuck to their guns and not turned it into an easy bake oven, there's a good 10 million people who left wow because it went overboard on the fisher-price, OG EQ2 would have been their perfect new home, and a home i would have never left in 2008.
    $ony did the same thing when they bought EQ from the builders and took it over with no notice. I expected no less with EQII. It is a money game and I am sure that's what is behind the Atlas changes as well.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wizardry said:
    So now i have my two fave games ruined by the people that created them 
    I know this feel bro.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I understand how you feel I remember when they changed SWG to try and get that wow money and they did this twice it was a major letdown. Then you look at how ESO goes and you have this game that because of Skyrim has serious heat but man what a bad experience. Now with SWG I found a place to play and have a lot of fun. ESO though I think is hopeless now they refuse to do the things that really need to to be done like stop releasing crap and solidify their infrastructure. Also the cash shop is so pervasive now it's insanity. 
    Wizardry I don't know what single player games you like but I really enjoyed fell seal and am currently enjoying Stellaris
    Asheram
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Well Atlas does have the same development team that thought it would be a good idea to release a paid expansion to a game that was still in early access at the time so nothing surprises me at what they would do for extra coin.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Well, sorry for that Wizardy, that sucks. I think one just has to go into these things, especially "live service" games, and know that different choices are just going to be made "at some point."

It is their game and they get to do with it what they want. Still doesn't make it suck less.

It sucks but it is what it is. Maybe look for a single-player game that has things you like. You could try smaller survival games but you'd just have to accept that they might always remain small.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited March 2021
    Wizardry said:
    I can't believe my luck,first i play FFXi for years then the devs turn it into end game WOW...grrr so i leave.

Now i stick by Atlas all this time,almost 2 years i think and now the devs are completely changing the game i already loved and ruining it it badly.It looks like the devs are trying to veer away from game development and steer this game into a simple Battle Royale on seas.
    My guess,easier to handle the game is one dimensional.

Today they completely removed the Bow from the game,citing it as too OP.Guns have a long boring mini game to play while loading,definitely not into slow boring game play.So they somehow managed to turn me right off to the point i no longer want to play.
    I see the long term road map as a scummy one from this LAZY team.

They sent us a link to a Q/A however MOST questions were incredibly superficial to the point IDC about 50% of the questions.

So now i have my two fave games ruined by the people that created them only in case of Atlas i wonder if the team actually did make this game.The owners of Snail/Ark business have long been partnered with Intact games,an Israel operation.IMO there is a good chance Intact did most of the original work "sub contracted"then a small rag tag team tries to handle the updates/bug fixing on their own.

Sorry for your loss, Wizardry!  I had hopes for this game as well and the devs screwed it up.  Sad.

Another example of how early access can screw you over! Who knows what direction / decisions the devs will take you on.
    SovrathAbimor

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Now there's a couple of classic forum names at the top of this necro thread.

Not looking good for their return.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다