Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'The Herb' Oddly Named Classic MMORPG In Development

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Perused around the website - the story has another video and is pleasantly nice, the text is a little bit funny but hey I more than welcome any sort of MMO development in hopes they achieve a home for travelers. 

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Truly an odd name for an mmorpg.
    Sovrathxpsync

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Bloodaxes said:
    Seems to be a reason for the name....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=ALNnDEQUBmY&feature=emb_title
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Well if they are smoking it not sure it will get a PG rating. :)
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Yeah, but I wouldn't name a game after a resource this planet is said to be popular for xD
    Scot

Bloodaxes said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Yeah, but I wouldn't name a game after a resource this planet is said to be popular for xD
    It would be like calling the earth "Seawater" because there's a lot of it. :)
    Bloodaxes
    Scot said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:

I dont think its an awesome name but its not just a resource. It the main source of dispute and invasion of their planet because this herb makes anyone a powerful warrior. Their way of life has been destroyed because this herb is sought after by people of other planets. IMO they should give the herb a cool name and call the MMO that.  
    Nanfoodle said:
    Scot said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:

I dont think its an awesome name but its not just a resource. It the main source of dispute and invasion of their planet because this herb makes anyone a powerful warrior. Their way of life has been destroyed because this herb is sought after by people of other planets. IMO they should give the herb a cool name and call the MMO that.  
    Yes, incorporate the name in a meaningful way instead of generic "Herb". I can't imagine telling people about this game and not getting confused responses.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited August 2020
    An acronym perhaps.

Heartless Ermine Robbing Baron
    SovrathAlBQuirkycheyane

Bloodaxes said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Scot said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Yes, incorporate the name in a meaningful way instead of generic "Herb". I can't imagine telling people about this game and not getting confused responses.
    I would call the herb "The Awakening" and that leads you to ask what that name means. 
    edited August 2020
    Or it might be what spice was to Dune.

What is more interesting is that more games in the style of older games and their combat are being developed. It is a trend I fully support

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It fails on several fronts.
    markers over npc heads grr
    arrows showing destination route grrr
    I saw some mage animation/effects that looked utterly stupid,like some pulse laser effect. ::
    ranked pvp,this alone =dead on arrival.
    The title is umm how you say CRAP.My most hated ref in MMA is Herb Dean,and this reminded me of Herb Dean.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So is it tacked on PVE or tacked on PVP? WHy can't anyone make a pure PVE game anymore?
    bcbully
    So is it tacked on PVE or tacked on PVP? WHy can't anyone make a pure PVE game anymore?
    Pantheon
    bcbully
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Nanfoodle said:
    Pantheon

There. One Game. Now sit down and shut up! :lol:
    NanfoodleAmarantharbcbullynewbismx

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Looks like a decent indie project. Will ofcourse never reach to much height but if the devs make a buck from it, get experience out of it and perhaps a funder for a project afterwards... Who knows. Nowadays it seems like a lot of companies are either old AAA companies or 1-hit wonders that disappear right after. Could use some devs that actually came from the ground up ;)
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
    edited August 2020
    Looks like a decent indie project. Will ofcourse never reach to much height but if the devs make a buck from it, get experience out of it and perhaps a funder for a project afterwards... Who knows. Nowadays it seems like a lot of companies are either old AAA companies or 1-hit wonders that disappear right after. Could use some devs that actually came from the ground up ;)
    I have to admit I really like what I see here. If they put up a kickstarter or a pledge page and they did a good job of presenting the game. I may back it lol. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited August 2020
    Dibs on player character names Cheech and Chong.
    NanfoodlekitaradAlBQuirkyTwistedSister77

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

AlBQuirky said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Pantheon

There. One Game. Now sit down and shut up! :lol:

hehe yes enjoy your 1999 clone and we don't want to hear about no PVE exclusive games again!
    AlBQuirky
    Amathe said:

Are drugs part of the game?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Amathe said:

Drugs? Whatever do you mean? I cited Cheech and Chong for their exceptional comedic acting.
    KyleranbcbullykitaradAlBQuirkyTheocritusTwistedSister77

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

The tangents in this thread. :)
    AlBQuirky
    edited September 2020
    Amathe said:
    Amathe said:

Drugs? Whatever do you mean? I cited Cheech and Chong for their exceptional comedic acting.
    There was a lot of weed though in their shows. Ahh..... carry on.
    AlBQuirky

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Amathe said:

I have no idea, but with the name of "The Herb", I don't think they're talking about basil or paprika :)
    cheyaneAmathe

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR