Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World - SteamDB Charts Nearly 50K Players in Preview

13»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    My new life skil (defense)

YashaX

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited August 2020
    Again I will compare it to ATLAS, they peaked around 60k how many do they have now? 2500 maybe?

When youre letting big Twitch (which AMazon owns) streamers give out thousands, probaby tens of thousands of keys (I think Cohhcarnage ended up giving out 2500 or more) it also manipulates the numbers. I wouldne be surprised if more than half of the 50K got the preview only key for free. I would also bet more people refunded than were persuaded to pre order. Which would result in a net loss.
  • QQMorePleaseQQMorePlease Member UncommonPosts: 51

aivarioha said:

Oh boy!

Another Survival style game with some MMO elements thrown in!

I loved Conan Exiles...but just like all Survival style game....if you don't play 22 Hours a day, you may as well not play.

You couldn't be more wrong. There is no survival, shallow and simple as games on mobile and end game can be done after 2 days from the fresh start. 26 hours of game playtime to be specific. Personal experience.

Im not quite sure what you're saying.

Are you saying it has no survival aspects anymore and is more a true MMO now Like WoW, FF14, GW2...etc?

If that's true, I wish they would release some gameplay showing that. Im sure it would peak much more interest.

As of now, everything we've been shown has been basically a survival game with a few mmo features like leveling thrown in.

Its absolutely NOT a survival game anymore.

The only aspects of "survival" in the game is the harvesting / gathering features that are pretty common in games like Conan Exiles. That's it.

From a GCD perspective you know you can switch the cycle of spells right? The 1st skill corresponds to every 1st skill in all 3 weapon slots so for example....1 & 2 should be your primary attacks and your 3rd slot can be reserved for your common utility / escape like the Health Staff Dash....

What I mean by that specifically is that if you have longsword attack on skill slot 1 / weapon slot 1, use it, then expect to switch to a Healing Staff with dash on skill slot 1 / weapon slot 2 youre gonna be on a cool down.

You have to be smart about how you place your skills and keeping in mind that a lot of your skills have reduced cooldown on kill. Effective cycling of your skills is going to take some thought......its not just button smashing.

PvE is awesome....and as a hardcore PvPer I actually enjoyed their questing system...even though it was a lot of 'kill X number of X' but for different purposes: Quests, Town Improvement, & Faction Quests.

What I really looked for in this game preview was 1) server stability & 2) core mechanics working well. All of this was there....the servers were awesome very little lag given the load.....the core game mechanics felt responsive and fairly clean......my only critique is that some of the quest markers would bug out after you finished them if you had over 7 active quests at one time....also the weapon swapping delay is sorta annoying when youre getting chased by 4 Green guys foaming at the mouth for their first kill.....

PURPLE GANG LETS GOOOOO!
    blamo2000