Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop trying to define everything.

13»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    At least no one is promoting Janeway as the best captain.  (Yet).

AlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    edited August 2020
    Mendel said:

She might be interesting character(played by an awesome actress), but she's gosh darn horrible as Captain. I mean, she failed at her first voyage and at her duty to her crew. She was RESPONSIBLE for them and what did she do at Caretaker Array? Save them? No, she succumbed to moralization, broke the Prime Directive, broke her duty to the crew AND put everyone at needless risk(and for whom? A bunch of hobos).

I mean, if we look at Scorpion and at Killing Game, she's a capable tactician, but she sucks at strategy lol. And she did bring them back home, time travel or not. Given her pointless breaking of rules and endangering of the entire crew(and all the consequential breakings of the Prime that wouldn't have happened)...yet she is capable enough...she should've just remained the Captain of Voyager, neither demotion nor promotion are adequate choices here. Well...maybe a demotion to the Number One, but that's it.
    delete5230AlBQuirky
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

She might be interesting character(played by an awesome actress), but she's gosh darn horrible as Captain. I mean, she failed at her first voyage and at her duty to her crew. She was RESPONSIBLE for them and what did she do at Caretaker Array? Save them? No, she succumbed to moralization, broke the Prime Directive, broke her duty to the crew AND put everyone at needless risk(and for whom? A bunch of hobos).

I mean, if we look at Scorpion and at Killing Game, she's a capable tactician, but she sucks at strategy lol. And she did bring them back home, time travel or not. Given her pointless breaking of rules and endangering of the entire crew(and all the consequential breakings of the Prime that wouldn't have happened)...yet she is capable enough...she should've just remained the Captain of Voyager, neither demotion nor promotion are adequate choices here. Well...maybe a demotion to the Number One, but that's it.
    I don't hand out "LoL" to often, usually something else.... But after all that, you get an "LoL".

So "LoL"
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

I don't hand out "LoL" to often, usually something else.... But after all that, you get an "LoL".

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?
    I think he is in awe of your Nerd skill critting that hard  :)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GorweAlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited August 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Bah, that's nothing. I recently explained how to use Gree Language from SWTOR! The Black Sphere is White-Shifting, Purple Parallel is expected! Unless...unless the Yellow Perpendicular returns. /shudder It's better to rejoice! :)
    AlBQuirky
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?
    Sorry,
    Didn't give an explanation. The post was a little over my head, that's why the lol.... Nothing wrong with it, it was just me.
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?
    Sorry,
    Didn't give an explanation. The post was a little over my head, that's why the lol.... Nothing wrong with it, it was just me.
    Don't worry. Being able to write in Aurebesh(very beautiful with an ink pen or something calligraphic) or in the math nonsense language of Gree can daze people.

What I said was mostly common sense though. All you need to watch is the first episode to understand what I was talking about. And, yeah, it's the CO that is responsible for its crew in situations when it must issue an exec.order. Common sense.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Bah, that's nothing. I recently explained how to use Gree Language from SWTOR! The Black Sphere is White-Shifting, Purple Parallel is expected! Unless...unless the Yellow Perpendicular returns. /shudder It's better to rejoice! :)
    Hey, I wrote a six page essay on the background of my Twi’lek in SWtOR completely with proper planets, habits, name constructions etc. so my guild knew who my character was. Too bad I hated the actual game...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

So "LoL"
    Am I wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Hey, I wrote a six page essay on the background of my Twi’lek in SWtOR completely with proper planets, habits, name constructions etc. so my guild knew who my character was. Too bad I hated the actual game...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I remember reading some off the wall and entertaining bios people created in SWG too. I will never forget one I read back in 2004 that was so good and detailed, I swear that years later it became the story for Star Wars Rogue One, because it was pretty much the same story. I thought back then, someone is a writer here lol. I wish I still had the screen shot of it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Gorwe said:
    Mendel said:

Considering how often the Prime Directive is broken, often within a few moments after it is cited, and that Star Fleet and moralizing are frequent bedfellows, it seems she was doing a stellar job throughout.
    Kyleran