Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Truth About Star Citizen - Spoilers

TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
edited August 2020 in Star Citizen
Anybody read the book or see the movie Endor's Game.  The simulated war games, the twist was that it turned out to be the reality.

When this game is released, Chris Robert's is going to roll back the the curtains and blow our minds and change humanity forever.

All the delays and funding...  well here's the reason:

-thought those ships for sale were pixels, nope.. they built them for real

-thought those were rendered worlds and solar systems... nope, they explored them

Backers are going to be first in line to visit and colonize new worlds.  

Sorry for the leak.  :)

ScotFrodoFraginsitchmonmmolouTheocritusHyperpsycrowAsheramFlharfh

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    In other news, Rosebud was his sled.
    TwistedSister77SovrathAsheramitchmonTheocritusSandmanjwBeansnBread

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Anybody read the book or see the movie Endor's Game.  The simulated war games, the twist was that it turned out to be the reality.

When this game is released, Chris Robert's is going to roll back the the curtains and blow our minds and change humanity forever.

All the delays and funding...  well here's the reason:

-thought those ships for sale were pixels, nope.. they built them for real

-thought those were rendered worlds and solar systems... nope, they explored them

Backers are going to be first in line to visit and colonize new worlds.  

Sorry for the leak.  :)

Like the forest moon of Endor?
    Asheram
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,062
    So this is how Doom started.
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Babuinix said:

You do know why the NDA act was administered correct?
    How it has been used is a totally different thing,as developers use it to form a sort of GAG ORDER,a method to manipulate the public view of their product.
    The way it has been used by developers is NOT how the law intended it to play out.

It was meant to protect copyright material from theft,to maintain ownership and profit  to the person or entity that created the work.
    Naturally over time the very powerful people in this world have used lawyers and NDA acts to again operate ILLEGALLY and keep that a secret using NDA's.The government would of course be a proponent of such use,including the FBI,CIA etc etc.

Somehow we end up right back at the Snowden ordeal.

I feel also that somehow MOST ,likely 99.9% of the people have forgot Robert's original pitch for this game.I also feel a lot of the truth that came about with numbers and such has also been forgotten,good job Mr.Robert's you managed to erase all your foul moves.

The human brain works off of greed and EGO and Mr.Robert's is near the top of that food chain.However ,there is a so called positive side of this,the people with high greed and ego,their brain also adheres more to risk and some will say that we need risk to attain greater heights.
    Greater heights is a whole new mega topic based on our race and where we are headed.However in case of Chris Robert's has greater heights been geared towards game development or towards greater heights,learning new ways and methods to greater PROFITS?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The picture has really been VERY clear,look around the entire industry,were loot boxes an idea to give us better games?
    Were cash shops designed to make our games better?

IS marketing used to make our games better?

Are game reviews making our games better?

Are gaming chairs making our games better?

Are Green screens making our games better?

Has VR made our games better?

Have costumes or non p2w items making our games better?

EVERY single place you look it is about GREED for money and NEVER about making us better games.I would hope that MOST people can see the obvious,i mean it stares us right in the face and has been for many years already.
    Babuinix

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,891
    From this distant vantage point...

Haters Keep on Hating...when ignorance is the fuel, hate it's all they got B)

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 4,696
    Babuinix said:
    Ohh noes, a joke about my favourite project, lets immediately call it ignorance and put them in their place!

Babusinix said:
    From this distant vantage point...

Haters Keep on Hating...when ignorance is the fuel, hate it's all they got B)

Quick! A video and something something about haters. No jokes here guys, ignorance it is.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolouSandmanjwBeansnBread
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,054
    lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:
    Ohh noes, a joke about my favourite project, lets immediately call it ignorance and put them in their place!

Oh noes, a joke about random gamers who spend time taking jabs at games they know nothing about because they have nothing to play with.  :D

Quick, a video to at least shed some light on these fly-byers so it's not all in vain:

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,143
    Babuinix said:
    When your funding comes from crowdsourcing, you have to keep the marketing coming.  Which means you have to expose some of your internals.  Which means when you do screw up, it's been exposed.  And you have to come up with excuses.  

But if you've developed the right cult marketing, it won't matter, because the Dream takes precedence.

https://cultbranding.com/ceo/seven-rules-of-cult-brands/
    botrytis

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 811
    The real truth about this game...Is that its a pyramid scheme game
    But no one see that cuz they ar eblind...
    botrytisFrodoFragins

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,360
    Babuinix said:

lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:

Oh noes, a joke about random gamers who spend time taking jabs at games they know nothing about because they have nothing to play with.  :D

Quick, a video to at least shed some light on these fly-byers so it's not all in vain:

It is still a tech demo on someone else's game engine. Pretty pathetic really.
    Babuinix

edited August 2020
    botrytis said:
    You seem highly interested but still very ignorant about this game so this might help:

Still requires a beedy rig with SSD and 16+ gigs of ram minimun. :)

PS - I dont recomend backing/playing games in development if what your looking for is a polished and smooth gameplay experience!
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,360
    edited August 2020
    Babuinix said:
    botrytis said:
    You seem highly interested but still very ignorant about this game so this might help:

PS - I dont recomend backing/playing games in development if what your looking for is a polished and smooth gameplay experience!
    It is NOT a game, yet. Too many things are not done. Heck they are just finishing the ONE galaxy they have? They were talking about hundreds of galaxies.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

I want guarantees when I fund something, you get nothing from Kickstarter. They can say, ' Sorry, too hard to finish' and walk of with the money. May as well just flush your money down the toilet or better yet, give it to a charity where the money will do some good, not line the pocket of a shyster.

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Babuinix said:
    botrytis said:

Damn, there used to be more blind followers on this site. Now there only seems to be one and all he knows how to do is repeat the same tired responses with a little twist... Star Shitizen: The Forum Wars is not even that fun anymore and it was all the game had going for it for me
    BruceYeeBabuinix
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    jmlane223 said:
    Babuinix said:
    botrytis said:

Damn, there used to be more blind followers on this site. Now there only seems to be one and all he knows how to do is repeat the same tired responses with a little twist... Star Shitizen: The Forum Wars is not even that fun anymore and it was all the game had going for it for me
    Is it possible that the other two cult members who frequent Store Citizen posts on here have had an awakening?
    jmlane223
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 4,696
    edited August 2020
    Babuinix said:

lahnmir said:
    Babuinix said:

Captain’s Log, USS Soggybottom, Stardate 42-Q3-2020.

Me and my crew are flying through unknown parts of the CIG galaxy. Although I am pretty sure we are the only ones here marveling at the beauty of these never before seen vistas we were approached by an alien vessel yesterday.

As we opened up Holocom communications we could see their crew laughing and waving. My crew let out a sigh of relief, they seemed friendly. ‘Idiots!’ I yelled, ‘can’t you see that they are mocking us? This is a diversion tactic!’ The crew looked at me funny. Didn’t they know what was at stake, had they forgotten about our precious cargo? ‘Well sir, its expensive but I wouldn’t call the random parts we are transporting that special. The parts are rather incomplete and although they look shiny they don’t really assemble into an actual item,’ replied officer Drama. I let out a deep sigh, didn’t the crew understand the unique situation we were in, flying through these unique parts of space, never seen before, better then anything else with the knowledge we were possessing? ‘Sir, we’ve seen plenty of spaceships in these parts already. There seems to be plenty of activity here, we aren’t in a unique position at all,’ whined bridge commander Boringly Crusher.

’Silence!’ I shouted, ‘ every gesture is a provocation, every move an attack! We need to take them down now, they need to be completely and utterly educated!’ I ordered the shields to be raised so we could deflect their attacks, I then let the crew release some Red Herrings and commanded them to fire all Ad Hominem torpedoes at once, that would teach them. I then used the Holocom to send the enemy a video I found on the Outernet to seal the deal. 

I didn’t wait around to see if we actually destroyed the enemy vessel, I was too busy doing my victory dance. What a glorious day for me and my crew, in these unknown parts of the CIG galaxy where no one has ever been before. We, the USS Soggybottom and our precious cargo.

Our precious cargo.

Our precious.

My Precious....

The End

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited August 2020
    botrytis said:
    It is NOT a game, yet. Too many things are not done. Heck they are just finishing the ONE galaxy they have? They were talking about hundreds of galaxies.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

I want guarantees when I fund something, you get nothing from Kickstarter. They can say, ' Sorry, too hard to finish' and walk of with the money. May as well just flush your money down the toilet or better yet, give it to a charity where the money will do some good, not line the pocket of a shyster.
    Why so focused on a game in development then? :) Have you tried not caring about Kickstarted games?

Star Citizen goal is to creat a living universe, not an infinite amount of star systems, but the quality in them. To make billions of starsystems like NMS or Elite have you'd have to rely on automatization (PG) which would lead to repetition and boredom. You'd end up with the same kind of 10/20 single biome planets across the galaxy, meaning if you visit 5 or 10 planets you've seen them all.

Star Citizen decided to start with the most complex and varied system in their universe (Stanton) because it has some of the most complex planets/moons, cities, outposts etc. :)

jmlane223 said:
    Damn, there used to be more blind followers on this site. Now there only seems to be one and all he knows how to do is repeat the same tired responses with a little twist.
    I don't think it's necessary blindness, more like ignorance. For decades games have been made in secrecy so most gamers have no idea what it takes to make them. As time goes people are getting more aware of how game development works thanks to crowdfunding and social media.

Still many just hop on the latest bandwagon without much critical thinking, they just want to feel included most of the time, the edginess is just there to disguise the lack of actual knowledge about the topic.

That's why intro videos and tutorials are very important:

Still, I don't recommend backing Star Citizen, or any game in development, if what you're looking for is a polished and complete experience. :)

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 880

Star Citizen goal is to creat a living universe, not an infinite amount of star systems, but the quality in them. To make billions of starsystems like NMS or Elite have you'd have to rely on automatization (PG) which would lead to repetition and boredom. You'd end up with the same kind of 10/20 single biome planets across the galaxy, meaning if you visit 5 or 10 planets you've seen them all.

Star Citizen decided to start with the most complex and varied system in their universe (Stanton) because it has some of the most complex planets/moons, cities, outposts etc. :)

For a living universe, it sure misses a lot of fauna...or any fauna at all
    Flora is few static assets that doesnt move when you shoot at them..in 2020..rofl

Have you actually visited some NMS worlds? Just a few vids prove that their algorythm creates wayyyy more complex and varied systems than what SC offers...1 snowy planet, 1 rocky planet, 1 red rocky planet..I played the latest free fly and the planets are complety empty and dead...Also you can destroy and built stuff on those planets in NMS...apart from SC static assets that you cant change at all..so much for living universe..which is actually made of 1 solar system...thats half empty..lol the more I write the more lame SC actually feels like in comparison to these games...which also have working economy, fully fledged mining, crafting etc etc...

And Im not even playing NMS or Elite, Im just pointing out stuff which you cannot do in this amazing 'living universe' of yours...which has like 5  NPC and can contain 50 players tops...lol

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them