Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone here watch TV?

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

What I mean is...with the Internet and wi-fi ready devices that will stream Internet to your TV now, do you still subscribe to cable to watch TV shows and movies - or just stream movies and explore the Internet through the wi-fi device?

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I turn my TV on probably once a week if that.  I don't pay for cable but it's still available to me and even then I just end up streaming what I want to see on the computer.  It's just easyer.  I don't have to make time to watch something on a schedule on a particular channel.  I just find them, set them to buffer up while I go make a sandwich and then watch them in succession and since it's on the computer I can always go back a few minutes and rewatch something that might not have made sence or was just very awesome and diserving of another look.

In the future I'm going to look into hooking my computer up to a big flatscreen tv that will hang on the wall and just use it as a monitor/television and just stream stuff to it.  I see no reason to subscribe to cable or satelite tv anymore, it's just not practical unless you get a pvr but that's just one more thing you have to get and I already have a beefy computer that will let me game, and watch what I want.

I think in the next 10 years we will see a significant downturn in cable/satelite subscriptions.  As people become more tek savvy or the tek becomes less complex, there will be a significant shift.  Also all the kids nowadays have grown up with internet and more or less find what they want to watch on there anyways.  They will not see a reason to have a subscription based service for their tv and have to take time out of their day to sit down and watch their shows.  They'll just stream them at their leasure like I do now.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

My cable bill is like 200 USD a month.  I have everything.  I watch TV allot.  Then again, my laptop is in front of me also.

LOL

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

i used to watch a lot of tv, but now i just stream the shows i actually want to watch which is very few anymore.

i've changed to the lowest cable packages since i don't watch much anymore, only keep it on for the nieces and nephews and friends that visit.

plus if i want to really watch a new movie i just use redbox which is pretty convenient in my town.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

screw paying for cable lol i have netflix for movies and some other stuff and most of the shows i watch weekly we get the channels. netflix streaming on my ps3/pc FTW

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• gamers2012gamers2012 Member Posts: 3

yep! I watch TV lol image of course TV cable! love to watch star movies and I like one of the programs! How I Meet your mother :)  and fox " Chuck" ! 

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

The majority of my TV Watching is through Netflix. I just watched the entire series of Scrubs, Psych(so far), and now I'm watching Monk. All these for the first time btw. I have hundreds to thousands of hours in my Queue with shows I never got around to watching still soon to be released.

With that being said I still subscribe to cable for dozens of shows I keep track of each year. It's not as bad as it sounds considering I DVR everything and work it around my school and work schedule, but I'm enjoying a lot of high quality TV.

The online stuff, with the exception of Netflix, is just not quite where I need it to be.

• DenoiDenoi Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited June 2020
    At home, I mostly watch TV online via apps. Cable TV is dying with its obsolescence. - The application I want to talk about is mobdro - the best free online TV watching application in 2020. Download now mobdro for smart TV.
    Post edited by Denoi on
  • molly500molly500 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This website contains numerous free samples of academic writings. Everyone can use them for free to create their own assignments and get the highest grades.
  • VarrborVarrbor Newbie CommonPosts: 12
    I rarely watch tv. Mostly I watch the news while I eat. Otherwise I watch Netflix or youtube. I can then decide for myself when I want to watch what and can also stop when I want. 
  • OpenairOpenair Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This website contains many free sample artwork and drawings. Everyone can use them for free to create their own sketches and get the highest marks.
  • supermark4444supermark4444 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    oh my god , is very good
  • acedivino11acedivino11 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Nice One, This post is very wonderful, I have gained very good knowledge by reading and I am very thankful to you. If you have any queries related to Ace Divino. Book your 2/3Bhk Apartments in Ace Divino