Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    It's from EA, so right now it's a hard pass as I've been boycotting them for years.

That said, I bought a HOTAS setup a while back and am desperate for more games to play with it. Whilst I enjoy Elite, its pretty grindy and I never seem to spend much time in combat. So, if this new game would allow me to use my joystick and throttle whilst flying an x-wing, I may well break my boycott. Because that'd be awesome :P
    ultimateduck
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Is VR even a thing anymore? that's like the last thing I am looking for in a game.
    Tiller
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    Is VR even a thing anymore? that's like the last thing I am looking for in a game.

No... there's nothing to see here. Keep staring at your flat screen.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    That's cool. At the moment VR works very well for joystick type games. Flight and racing sims are actually better with VR. Not so much other types of games.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    That's cool. At the moment VR works very well for joystick type games. Flight and racing sims are actually better with VR. Not so much other types of games.

LOL... when's the last time you played VR?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:

Now and then with my Oculus quest. I find most games pretty gimicky control wise.

But hey, it's just a toy to me, not a religion lol..
    ultimateduck
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Now and then with my Oculus quest. I find most games pretty gimicky control wise.

But hey, it's just a toy to me, not a religion lol..

The Quest is very limited on what it can play unless you link it to your PC. A lot of Quest users get upset because they have to buy some games against when it's on the Rift platform rather than the Quest platform. I can see most Quest only games being considered simple or gimmicky.

I can't imagine thinking full blown VR games like The Forest, No Mans Sky, HL:A or Stormland gimmicky. Even older games like Lone Echo or Robo Recall are far from gimmicky.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Just saw over on PC Gamer that HOTAS support has been confirmed for this game.
    ultimateduck
  • Brow1nBrow1n Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    It's a very nice news, thanks for sharing the details here. Looking forward to it TelltheBell!
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I tried PS VR and couldn't do it. The screen door effect made me dizzy and gave me migraine strength headaches.
    ultimateduck
    I tried PS VR and couldn't do it. The screen door effect made me dizzy and gave me migraine strength headaches.

Yeah, the older VR HMDs like the Rift CV1 and HTC Vive has a pretty decent amount of SDE. It didn't bother me but I can see how it could bother someone else. The newer HMDs have done a pretty good job doing away with this.

The Rift S has very little, if any SDE and is still considered the "budget" and "go to" VR headset at $400.

The Valve Index has some pretty nice visuals and a great FoV but is pretty expensive at #1k.

The HP Reverb 2 is 4k and looks stunning. At $600, this will probably take over as the "go to" VR headset for anyone that knows they want to invest. I've already ordered mine.