Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hood: Outlaws & Legends Announced - A PvPvE Multiplayer Game

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageHood: Outlaws & Legends Announced - A PvPvE Multiplayer Game

In the Sony State of Play livestream, a new action game, Hood: Outlaws & Legends was announced. While the video doesn't explain all that well what kind of game Hood: Outlaws & Legends is exactly, Focus Home Interactive explains that this is a new PvPvE multiplayer heist set in a medieval world.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Definitely would like to get more info on this game. very intriguing.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Assassin Creeds?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk if it showed off anything.All i saw was fast quick kills and many were of the hit him from behind while not looking scenario.
    I am not sure why they need to show us so little and yet the need to show us so soon.So i read again and see the Sony livestream,whatever that is.So idk was this video made for some gaming expo or event?

It serves no purpose to us the viewer,we can't play it,we will likely forget about it by 2021,there is not nearly enough to chime in about it and not like they are asking for our opinion which would be based on nothing anyhow,so wtf.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Hmm just had a thought ..lol

Is this part of devs marketing now days,they send out a feeler to see the interest and that determines how much time and effort is spent on the game?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Arterius said:

What is with all this upcoming games just showing freaking trailers man. Just show us some freaking gameplay

Can't do that without an actual game. ;)
  • kolakolakolakola Member UncommonPosts: 5
    it seems people are little confused about this trailer.
    so I thought that I would clarify the purpose of this type of trailer.

the main goal is to announce the game.
    Q: why so long from release?
    A: the longer from release it is a noun the more people will have heard about it and know what it is when it is released.

Q: why no gameplay?
    A: there can be two reasons
    1. the gameplay is not ready to be shown
    2. they may want to change the game so much in development that they don't want to sell a product to to it's customer and then have changed it completely over a years time.

number 2 is quite common for a new IP.

if the developers got investous they normally also use this to check if they're getting enough interest. if the interest and talk about it is quite high they can normally convince the investors to invest more money so they can hire more developers or additional features to the game that they wanted it to have.

I hope this clarified it a little bit and I apologise for my bad English.