Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godfall - New Gameplay and All Weapon Classes Revealed, Releases Holiday 2020

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageGodfall - New Gameplay and All Weapon Classes Revealed, Releases Holiday 2020

Godfall is a melee focused action-looter that will release this holiday season on the Playstation 5. In the gameplay video, Keith Lee, the game director of counterplay games unveiled the weapon classes, as well as some in depth mechanics on how gameplay will work in Godfall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    looks good so far! I like the shield action for defence and offense!
    YashaX

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited August 2020
    Looks like I imagined D4 would have looked when they were prototyping it as 3rd person looter.

This looks interesting but too bad about the melee only thing. I prefer looters that give you lots of class options with very different skills and play styles.
    Post edited by Iselin on
    Tokken
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Which holiday are we talking about here, Christmas?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Really looking forward to this one. :-D
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I lost a lot of interest in this one when they emphasized rewarding aggressive play. I'm more defensively oriented, and I don't especially like that the tendency of so many games is to discourage my playstyle.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    "We wanted to do something different" lmao,this is as generic as it gets.
    They cut a LOT of corners with this design,ended up with a very basic swing swing dodge swing dodge swing..zzzzzzzzzzz. Some effort put into the visuals but the backdrop world is 99%pointless,all it does is create lanes for the game to spawn your foes...when you get there. Graphics don't even matter anymore,any indie studio can deliver graphics so in reality even that part is not showing great effort,just more so than the really bad studios.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Aeander said:
    I lost a lot of interest in this one when they emphasized rewarding aggressive play. I'm more defensively oriented, and I don't especially like that the tendency of so many games is to discourage my playstyle.
    I am not on either fence,what i want in my game play is versatility,map design "non existent here"co op play ,deathmatch play.

I want to be able to learn the best way to traverse the map design,i want VARIED attacks,long range,mid range,short range,this offers you ONE range ...sigh.

This is reall ya VERY slack effort and i see NO reason why this has anything to do with PS5 because this should play on a PS2.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.