Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this games main story....

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
Still break you off to play solo? Wife and I had a hard time with this game. She is disabled and sometimes finds some solo content difficult. We were thinking of trying it again. Any info would be helpful. Also does this solo play persist in expansions?

Comments

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    These were hugely disruptive for my friend and I who play almost exclusively together.  Solo scenarios are considerably less frequent in Stormblood and Shadowbringers but they are still present.  I consider some of them to be relatively challenging as well.

The good news is that you can adjust the difficulty of your solo scenarios, but I don't know if this is available for every scenario.  If you fail a scenario, you'll get a popup asking if you'd like to reduce the difficulty.  I imagine there may be a character setting that would let you default it to easy.

Alternatively, there are plans to squash the MSQ into something more manageable.  I don't know when, but it may be worth waiting for.
    Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Dagon13 said:
    These were hugely disruptive for my friend and I who play almost exclusively together.  Solo scenarios are considerably less frequent in Stormblood and Shadowbringers but they are still present.  I consider some of them to be relatively challenging as well.

The good news is that you can adjust the difficulty of your solo scenarios, but I don't know if this is available for every scenario.  If you fail a scenario, you'll get a popup asking if you'd like to reduce the difficulty.  I imagine there may be a character setting that would let you default it to easy.

Alternatively, there are plans to squash the MSQ into something more manageable.  I don't know when, but it may be worth waiting for.
    Thanks thats really helpful =) Downloading the game now (-=
    Catibrie
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited August 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    Still break you off to play solo? Wife and I had a hard time with this game. She is disabled and sometimes finds some solo content difficult. We were thinking of trying it again. Any info would be helpful. Also does this solo play persist in expansions?
    I wondered may be you could play your wife's character for the more challenging solo quests. I mean it will help her go through the ones she cannot solo and then you can then continue as a duo. 

I have not played the game for quite awhile but some are really hard to solo. I was a white mage and perhaps I didn't have enough damage but I found them challenging.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited August 2020
    Dagon13 said:

Some of the solo duties are a pain for sure; good part is if you fail it once, you are given a second change to set it on an easier level. That didn't make one in particular any better, mainly Naadam challenge of Azim Steppe and  the battle afterwards. There is also one in Shadowbringers that was a pain.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter