Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the 3.1 hype? What about the 4.0 right around the corner?

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
I know the white knights dont need help pimping this mess but I am shocked that when there has been actual 'newsworthy' announcements and 'content' the usual suspects have a disappeared....yeah I know I know 'we are all too busy playing the game'. LMAO.

I actually took some time and watched a few guys fumble around 3.10. Some white knight over the top guys and some 'regular' guys who play video games. The approaches were actually quite similar.

I touched on it a while ago about how the rah rah guys WERE live streaming stuff but so many crashes and onabilities to sync up with their subs or guys they play with they just stopped. A few have since released VoDs and youtube stuff trying to highlight 'gameplay'. But its spliced together garbage like most SC stuff is.

One guy 'bored gamer' does give a fairly well thought out and semi balanced approach to what he has experienced. He has more than a few videos up in regards to 3.10. Most are pretty 'raw' i.e. not a lot of editing. He also says what is 'good' and what is 'bad'. He also gives a pretty decent 'technical' analysis of why some bugs have persisted since whatever the first build was called and still exist today.

He basically says what all the critics have said since day one. He is however still a dreamer at heart and you can hear it in the way he talks. I think he knows but doesnt want to admit it to himself or his viewers that this thing will never come to fruition. Let alone be what its been promised t be for 8 years now.

But I was just wondering why the white knight contingent has all but disappeared when there is actual noteworthy stuff to talk about. (Beyond reaching another financial milestone that is).

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Because we ARE playing Star Citizen Alpha and mostly ignoring bait posts, except on a sunday when i have more time.

Getting lonely ? ;-)

Have fun
    WalkinGlennbotrytis[Deleted User]jmlane223Hatefull
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    As it turns out they were apparently lost because they used a road map to nowhere.

[Deleted User]strawhat0981
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Now they gotta make a roadmap to make a roadmap so they can get back on track!
    [Deleted User]
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited August 2020
    They got lost when they flew off the end of their undeveloped one star system in the game and they can't get back.
    [Deleted User]

tzervo said:
    Ah, these threads never disappoint. Thanks (no sarcasm) :)
     o:) 
    [Deleted User]

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    The Talking Heads were far ahead of their time:

Well we know where we're going
    But we don't know where we've been
    And we know what we're knowing
    But we can't say what we've seen
    And we're not little children
    And we know what we want
    And the future is certain
    Give us time to work it out

Yeah

We're on a roadmap to nowhere
    Come on inside
    Taking that ride to nowhere
    We'll take that ride
    I'm feeling okay this morning
    And you know
    We're on the roadmap to paradise
    Here we go, here we go

We're on a ride to nowhere
    Come on inside
    Taking that ride to nowhere
    We'll take that ride
    Maybe you wonder where you are
    I don't care
    Here is where time is on our side
    Take you there, take you there

There's a city in my mind
    Come along and take that ride
    And it's…

/
    Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    botrytis[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

See the source image
    [Deleted User]

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259

The spinning is great!  :D

botrytisstrawhat0981
    Babuinix said:

So what?

Nice tech demo.
    Babuinixjmlane223

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Babuinix said:

Dont know the context of this but graphically it looks fine, but seriously it just looks dumb.
    botrytisjmlane223
    Babuinix said:

Dont know the context of this but graphically it looks fine, but seriously it just looks dumb.
    WOW, I can spin a ship in space. I wonder if CIS realizes that real physics wouldn't allow that.....

edited August 2020

And it just keeps falling... :D

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited August 2020
    Babuinix said:

More exiting tbh

Babuinix
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:
    More exiting tbh

Definitely :D

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Babuinix said:
    Tiller said:
    More exiting tbh

Definitely :D

That video says it all. A 3 minute and 37 second video has 5 cut scenes in it. All we hear about is how seamless and open the universe is but every single player made video is simply a bunch of 20-30 seconds segments all spliced together. Its really obvious when the splices in this video come when the guy is trying to enter the ship and then also trying to get in the seat to control it.
    Babuinix
    rodarin said:
    That video says it all. A 3 minute and 37 second video has 5 cut scenes in it. All we hear about is how seamless and open the universe is but every single player made video is simply a bunch of 20-30 seconds segments all spliced together. Its really obvious when the splices in this video come when the guy is trying to enter the ship and then also trying to get in the seat to control it.

Not cut scenes or "single player" video there lol
    That's all gameplay footage on a live server hence the odd Hick-ups.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited August 2020
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

Rodaring was talking about every single video made by players, not single-player made video.

Also that video has cut scenes.

edited August 2020
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

Rodaring was talking about every single video made by players, not single-player made video.

He explicitly wrote and I quote "single player made video", not "single video made by players". How can you be sure if you're not him? :D

And no, the video doesn't have cutscenes since it's all recorded from the same live play as you can attest by the chat log. Editing a video for the sake of brevity does not make it a "cutscene" lol.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited August 2020
    Babuinix said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

He explicitly wrote and I quote "single player made video", not "single video made by players". How can you be sure if you're not him? :D

And no, the video doesn't have cutscenes since it's all recorded from the same live play as you can attest by the chat log. Editing a video for the sake of brevity does not make it a "cutscene" lol.

You're still misunderstanding. "Every single" is a phrase. Google it if you don't believe. You'll have to read Rodarin's post as "every single" player made, not as every "single player" made.

It looks like you also misunderstood "cut scene". He complains that the video has been made up from cut longer video(s). For example look around 54-54 second how the video cuts.
    botrytis

Vrika said:

You're still misunderstanding. "Every single" is a phrase. Google it if you don't believe. You'll have to read Rodarin's post as "every single" player made, not as every "single player" made.

It looks like you also misunderstood "cut scene". He complains that the video has been made up from cut longer video(s). For example look around 54-54 second how the video cuts.

Cutscene is written either as "cutscene" or "cut-scene", and it has different meaning from writing the words "cut scene" separately.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. Video is from a single play session, there's cut's for the sake of brevity. Rodarin is spinning on his own wheels again and you're pushing it lol

Give it a rest ;)
    edited August 2020
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

Just a white knight trying to protect his possible fake idealism/product.

I wonder if they will still protect if 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years from now,  when CIG does not release anything....

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    I think the first thing i mentioned about this game was the laughable numbers.I predicted that at some point it would be like build 56987342.0985674  lol.

I don't care to hear every time you cook the program,compile the code,all those numbers do is make me laugh.
    SHOW ME something i want to play,SHOW me you have an ORGANIZED timeline<<<keyword was ORGANIZED and not just running your business on a whim.
    Honest question....

if you hired a contractor and he just gave you the constant runaround,when should your work be done,we don't know,maybe never lol,would you accept that as being a quality contractor?
    Well this is EXACTLY what crowd funding is,you are contracting someone to make your game.When it looks like a dysfunctional operation it is time to close the doors and get your money back.

True story,my sister built a house,ALL of her contractors work failed city inspection.I told her to quit crying and just fire the asshat,get a new contractor and she did just that,fired him.
    Babuinixbotrytis

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    botrytis said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

I wonder if they will still protect if 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years from now,  when CIG does not release anything....
    Of course they will. When up against the wall of reality many people double down on their fantasies.

The best game is always the one in people's heads.
    botrytisArglebargle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

So you're stating that the video bellow is heavily edited to hide something lol?

Seems you're the ones trying to go against the reality wall again and again. :D

Oh no it's full of stars...

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Kyleran said:
    botrytis said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

Of course they will. When up against the wall of reality many people double down on their fantasies.

The best game is always the one in people's heads.
    Selling the Dream!   

CIG really brought a lot of Hollywood marketing squee to help sell SC.   
    botrytis

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.