Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile does the Diablo franchise justice.

124»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Hurvart
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I have my gripes about diablo 3, but I've got two 60s now and the fun hasn't stopped.   I see tons of hate, but very few actual reasons for disliking the game.   It's like the very existance of the AH and lack of putting 3 points into vit each level is tearing people's souls apart.

Really?

.The items.

.The droprates.

.The quests. (linear on rails)

.The RMAH.

.Repair costs

.Boss figths...(WoWification)

I have 6 level 60s. Four doing inferno act4. Two doing inferno act2. Five of them on the EU server and one on the US server. I am really trying to give the game a fair chance. But the problems are serious. I want to play a true ARPG. But it feels like there is to much WoW in this game. And to much is designed and balanced for the RMAH. I cant say I think its to difficult. But I can understand that it is for a lot of causual players. Everyone should have a fair and reasonable chance to progress. Repair costs is a big problem... I can deal with it. But I want everyone to be able to play the game and have fun.

D2 was a better game. Trying to find items was more fun.  Trying to balance the economy and droprates for the RMAH really hurts. It is really a mistake. People that wants to find the items and gold they need when playing should be able to do that and enjoy the game. They should not have to feel they are forced to use the AH.

wait .. you don't like the game and you have 6 levels 60s? You priority is wrong. I love the game and i only have 3 level 60s.

- the items ... cool trade off between stats, actually quite fun trying to decide how to gear

- the drop rates ... are you complaining too high or too low? I want my 200M item too .. but if it drops more freq, it won't worth that much, right?

- the quest .. you have a point .. they are linear. But why do you care? You are not following the quests for your farming route, are you? Nobody does that you know. People kill stuff in this game .. the quests are just a thin excuse to do so.

- RMAH .. why is this a problem? It is a great thing .. i can SELL on it. In fact, i already made back what i spend on the game. And real dollars hold values better than gold, and the transaction cost in the RMAH is LOWER than that in the gAH for items worth more.

- repair cost .. are you joking me? When gold drop can be worth 2-3k a pop (and you knwo how many gold drops are there), repair cost is just negligible. What MP are you playing? When good items are in the 10s of millions, a few 10s of Ks of repair cost is nothing. One good drop covers you literatlly for years. In fact, they are putting in bigger gold sink in 1.07 (new gem and remove gem cost in the million range) because repair cost is not doing this job.

- boss fight .. you don't need to fight bosses, you know. In fact, when i farm MP6, often i don't even bother with bosses. Elites and champs are more challegning, and where the action is.

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I want some apologies.
  • sellerandfriendssellerandfriends Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    This is a great example of why we shouldn't be fighting about what game is the best. This Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 showdown must end because they are both really good games that deserve respect!

And I don't know about you all, but I really like them all. Whether it is POE or D3, one has something that the other lacks, and that's the interesting in these games.