Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen fans call on CIG to post an update on Squadron 42 development progress[article link]

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    The subreddit is finally coming to their senses, at least in regards to SQ42.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    No worries, its still Q3 2020. So Beta can still release on time, just as promised.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleranjmlane223botrytisWalkinGlenn
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited July 2020

In the immediate future, we plan to deliver the following communications:

1. Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it
    2. Show a rough mockup of the proposed new Roadmap
    3. Share a work in progress version of the Roadmap for at least one of our core teams
    4. And then finally transition to this new Roadmap

We’ll approach them in the order above, and we’ll likely need a few weeks between steps, so I don’t want to create the impression that this is happening overnight. But we should be announcing step 1 pretty soon if my meeting on Thursday about this is as good as I think it will be.

LOL.  This company.  It's been five months since they promised to make a better roadmap and now that.

Kyleran
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    A delay due to feature creep on a roadmap to roadmap, you cant make this sh**t up rofl.
    I summon thee white knights - please give me your elaborate explanation how this is completely normal phenomenom and why its actually good for SC etc. I really cant wait for your zealous excuses.

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    IDK why i missed this before,i have watched this video 3x already but i got  it this time.

The keywords in this video are PU...Persistent Universe.This was after Joe's press to get some kind of timeline,WHEN can we play this  game.What this guy is basically  saying is with PU there is NO finish date,the timelines will continue FOREVER.

Here is the problem,OTHER games do the EXACT same thing but THEY RELEASED their games as finished.Wow continues to grow,heck FFXi continues to grow,those games are not claiming to be a PU game that never gets finished.

This also repeats what jAngry Joe noticed in a lame ass reward system that would take you 230 days 24 hours a day to buy the ship.Then we can talk about LOSING ships and how that plays right into the cash shop.Your game shouldn't have the main ideas of a game directly pointing at the cash shop,that is really lame.

This is the problem area i mentioned from day 1,ships SHOULD be crafted and NOT bought.Once you introduce the cash shop it ruins the immersion 100%.Then about 10 minutes later in the video dude has the gall to talk immersion lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    To whom much is given, much will be required.
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2020
    Chris may find out just like "Tommy" did the mob can quickly turn on one who fails to deliver on their expectations.

"We're not gonna take it
    Never did and never will
    Don't want no religion
    And as far as we can tell
    We ain't gonna take you
    Never did and never will
    We're not gonna take you
    We forsake you
    Gonna rape you
    Let's forget you better still"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited August 2020
    I do wonder if there is a parallel elsewhere in gaming for this? They are creating a game within a game, not like a stand alone BR, it seems more like a solo/group theme park game in a simulation game. Thats got to cause problems, not on the level of PvP and PvE but is it a good fit?
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited August 2020
    lahnmir said:
    No worries, its still Q3 2020. So Beta can still release on time, just as promised.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    LOL - maybe 3Q 3020 it is a '20 after all.

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    a better date would be 2042, you know being 42 and all.
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Scot said:
    I do wonder if there is a parallel elsewhere in gaming for this? They are creating a game within a game, not like a stand alone BR, it seems more like a solo/group theme park game in a simulation game. Thats got to cause problems, not on the level of PvP and PvE but is it a good fit?
    Ah but what about the roaring success that was Landmark in relation to Everquest Next?
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Scot said:

The closest I can think of was a reasonable idea.  38 Studios released Kingdoms of Amalur before the MMO as a way to bring in cash.
    Scot
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Scot said:

The closest I can think of was a reasonable idea.  38 Studios released Kingdoms of Amalur before the MMO as a way to bring in cash.
    They (38 Studios) got screwed by a really badly done contract with their publisher.  The game would have had to be #1 with a bullet to get them what they needed.

For CIG, a poorly received product (lackluster SQ42) would directly impact their system of finances.  Better to make a ludicrous roadmap excuse than endanger their funding.  They still might be forced to make another round of investor funding.  Enough of that, and they could lose control of the project.  Which I think is the best chance for the Star Citizen.
    [Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2lQKRTn2yk

LMAO a roadmap for a roadmap.

I said it last year or was it two years ago now? When the got the loan for the 'advertising' for SQ 42 THAT was th eline in the sand. Once they showed they couldnt release a single player game the wheels would fall off.

While you cant underestimate the stupidity of people I am hoping people are going to start waking up to this nonsense.
    Iselin
    Have to watch that link. Its classic and the guy breaks it right down.

I mean they cant even get a road map developed how can they do a game?

Seriously the outline they gave is laughable. Theyre going to make a rough draft (pre alpha roadmap) and then  theyre going to add to it but only a partial portion of it, then after an indeterminate amount of time they will then release a 'final' (but still PARTIAL) roadmap, that will undoubtedly be delayed over and over again itself.

I touched on it with the 3.1 release. A smoke and mirrors 'update' to hopefully divert backers attention.

SQ 42 was supposed to be in beta in a month or so, yet here they are trying to figure out a road map? And lets not forget the other Roberts brother claimed he had played every single mission of the story how many years ago?

Lies and more lies surrounded by incompetence. Sprinkled with a complete mismanagement of funds. Has there been a single positive thing that was absolutely positively undeniable in the 8 years since they started taking money? Other than the amount of money they have separated from unsuspecting suckers I would say no not at all. 

[Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Scot said:

They (38 Studios) got screwed by a really badly done contract with their publisher.  The game would have had to be #1 with a bullet to get them what they needed.

For CIG, a poorly received product (lackluster SQ42) would directly impact their system of finances.  Better to make a ludicrous roadmap excuse than endanger their funding.  They still might be forced to make another round of investor funding.  Enough of that, and they could lose control of the project.  Which I think is the best chance for the Star Citizen.
    That may be a good example, but do you think say SQ42 is separate enough to ever be released as a stand alone game? I agree that they would think its better to keep fobbing fans off, but if they did decided to do this say next year how practical would it even be to attempt?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    rodarin said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2lQKRTn2yk

LMAO a roadmap for a roadmap.

I said it last year or was it two years ago now? When the got the loan for the 'advertising' for SQ 42 THAT was th eline in the sand. Once they showed they couldnt release a single player game the wheels would fall off.

While you cant underestimate the stupidity of people I am hoping people are going to start waking up to this nonsense.
    My favorite is step 2: "Show a rough mockup of the proposed new Roadmap."

Second favorite "We'll likely need a few weeks between steps" LMAO

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Its done when its done.

Have fun

PS:
    In the meantime .... i go back to playing Star Citizen Alpha ;-)
    strawhat0981
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Erillion said:
    Its done when its done.

Have fun

PS:
    LOL - *the White Knight strolls in*

Tech Demo, not Alpha. Alpha has a particular meaning in the software world. And what you are playing does not meet that definition.

Well, if you want to wait 5 more years and give them another 300 million, maybe the game will be done.

Erillion said:
    Its done when its done.

Have fun

PS:
    according to Roberts brother it was done 4 years ago, at least he claims to have played the whole thing through....but apparently all those lies have been scrubbed but everyone remembers the lies.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    The fans know the game is whack. The only part of the game that is fun for them is the mission where you have to defend it. Most of them play other games because they know it's too unfinished to enjoy as their main and only MMO, which I'm positive frustrates them from time to time, but they will never be the bigger people and admit that (like most of us would). I've played lots of MMOs and thought this will be the one, but I know when to admit it was a flop. This is some Jonestown level s***, sorry but it's true.
    botrytisFrodoFraginsstrawhat0981newbismxFlharfh
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Erillion said:
    Its done when its done.

Have fun

PS:

So you can't even admit that 8 months to give a roadmap to a roadmap is absurd?

Are they keeping their promise to treat backers like a publisher?
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Erillion said:
    Its done when its done.

Have fun

PS:

strawhat0981[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    The road to minimal viable roadmap is tough!

Many AAA Developers spend years on their roadmaps!   You just don't understand roadmap development!

[Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.