Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare Provides Update on Anthem Loot & Equipment Goals

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBioWare Provides Update on Anthem Loot & Equipment Goals

In a new BioWare blog, the team provided a new update on Anthem, specifically touching on loot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Am I the only one who forgot about this game?
    NordicApacheLark3m[Deleted User][Deleted User]McSleazRoindoomexalkarionlog
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Dead game, won't be able to revive itself, move on.
    NordicApache[Deleted User]Roin
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited August 2020
    I wish instead of guns, the javelins had Iron Man style arm cannons. Would look much cooler than a gun that you can't even visually customize.
    NordicApacheGdemamiTacticalZombehrojoArcueid
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I feel like at this point this game is always going to be a missed opportunity to be good. They way it launched, was handled by the CM and Dev Team and now the re-boot are all woulda, coulda, shoulda and the game will fall by the wayside as others pick up the pieces with newer games, faster.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombehdoomex
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Wish they'd bring this into Steam.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    its been this long and they are just "prototyping" LMAO.. get the fuck outa here man. You had so long during launch to figure out you needed a revamp.. it could have been done by now if you were actually dedicated. The little that people care right now is going to be long gone by the time your revamp actually hits and everyone is going to be playing much better games by then.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

seshses said:

Is that the newest Destiny Expansion?
    [Deleted User]koldmiserSiris23

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.
    zigalucardValdheimNyghthowlerGorwealkarionlog
    edited August 2020
    seshses said:
    Yeah. Between Warframe, Outiders, and Marvel's Avengers, I think the market on third person looters might be just about at capacity. I would be shocked if Anthem 2.0 works, but I'll be trying it anyway.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    OG_Zorvan said:
    koldmiser said:
    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.
    Comparing an open world survival game against a mostly on rails lobby shooter works, of course. About as well as comparing an indie company, Hello Games, that pulled out all the stops to give players what they wanted to a massive corporation that apparently feels they can take their sweet time to "fix" said lobby shooter. Here's another comparison for you. Square-Enix, who actually care about what customers think of them, completely rebuilt FFXIV in a year. EA is still "prototyping" and it's not even going to be a rebuild of the game, just changing systems around.
    ding ding ding!
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Whole lotta people here who obviously never actually played Anthem. On rails? I don't think so but hey it's way more fun to just bash something. Whether you're accurate or not doesn't matter right?
    Valdheim
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I like the direction they are going with the loot.

• Respect Your Time
    • Embrace Choice
    • Create a Rewarding Loot Experience
    • Keep it Accessible and Immediate
    • Reliability of Equipment and Rewards
    • Scale for the Future

It reminds me of what a Diablo 3 designer might say.
    Gdemami
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I hope they dont think they can make us pay twice for the same crap and its a free update for those who got the original.If so i will give it a look but im not paying another cent
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited August 2020
    Aeander said:
    I wish instead of guns, the javelins had Iron Man style arm cannons. Would look much cooler than a gun that you can't even visually customize.

I said this when game first came out. They should have ditched the guns. Made all weapons either wrist, shoulder, or drones.  Remove the fly cap. Tighten the gun play. Worked on better AI. Wrote a decent story.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

Wish they'd bring this into Steam.

With EA bringing so many of their other titles to steam recently, Id be surprised if they didnt.

I think when this relaunch happens their also gonna announce a steam launch.

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    I'm curious if they can pull another No Mans Sky/FFXIV with this.

IF they really turn this around they should also consider a Steam release, but only AFTER a succesful revamp or otherwise we would just see a (deserved) new negative review record.

Also I really hope they got the decency to make this a free patch, I mean imagine they'd make people pay twice (which sadly wouldn't surprise me)!

Anyways I wish them luck but not primarily for them but more for us because this game used to have potential.
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    yeah Anthem has all the basic issues which is good to see its being fixed... but the base game itself has issues with pilot errors and random crashing ( been some time since I played it to remember the exact errors )
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    OG_Zorvan said:
    cmacq said:
    Whole lotta people here who obviously never actually played Anthem. On rails? I don't think so but hey it's way more fun to just bash something. Whether you're accurate or not doesn't matter right?
    I have played it. If you think its tiny maps and lobby make it an open world, that's your deficiency, not mine.
    He didn’t say it was open world, he contested the game being mostly on rails. And he is right about that, it isn’t. It most definitely isn’t an open world game either.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Valdheim
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    You know a game company should just stop when their biggest issue is how loot should work...
    Roin
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

koldmiser said:

how much competition no man sky had/ have?

anthen is the same as loot shooter, bioware was trying to gather, take note too it was after failures like andromeda and the choose your colors ending

and like the very first poster said, the game is so dead we even forgot of this thing
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    No Man's Sky was a freak occurrence. The hype for that game was absurd. It was like the second coming of astronaut Christ. With all the Steam refunds, they had a real incentive to regain lost sales.

That said, turnarounds do happen. Rainbow Six went from a flop to an esports staple. Destiny had a terrible launch reputation, as did Destiny 2.

So it could happen for Anthem. It probably won't, but it could. I personally would like for it to happen.
    Valdheim
    OG_Zorvan said:
    lahnmir said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    cmacq said:
    I have played it. If you think its tiny maps and lobby make it an open world, that's your deficiency, not mine.
    He didn’t say it was open world, he contested the game being mostly on rails. And he is right about that, it isn’t. It most definitely isn’t an open world game either.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    To me, when a game is "get quest, go through linear area to finish quest, leave because there's no other reason to be there now", that's on rails. If you prefer to call it linear or narrow focused or whatever else, that's fine. It all amounts to the same thing.
    You can see it as such, but on rails really means something very specific, and those genres that are truly on rails (see rail shooters) are basically dead.

Aside from that, linear does not = bad and open world does not = good. These are different approaches with different strengths and weaknesses.

I for one would rather be playing a linear, story driven game than many of the cut and paste open world games that we're being inundated with. We could use fewer Mad Max's and Ubisoft games.

And personally, I'm sick of seeing some of my favorite franchises be fucking ruined by going open world.
    Valdheim
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    edited August 2020
    Flight system looks great and is intuitive

"Swimming" is mind numbingly frustrating

Monster AI is a joke

The awesome flight system is meaningless as its more linear than a sideways scroller

Bioware failed so hard it isnt even funny, they bleated on about their "10 year plan"of microtransactioning on this turd, its nothing but good money after bad at this point, they should fire all of the management at Bioware, strip out the flight system and build a real game around it. The story in Anthem as well as the world just isnt worth anything.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I haven't played it but if it is linear like everyone is saying then I am out...i have no interest whatsoever in that kind of game anymore. Games like FFXIV drive me nuts with the way they are set up.