Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Q&A Talks Optimization, New Ships, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAtlas Q&A Talks Optimization, New Ships, More

The most recent Q&A for Atlas takes touches on optimization, new ships, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    5k players still play this shitty buggy poor excuse for a game.
    Do they really have nothing better to do ?
    Timacek
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

achmede said:

5k players still play this shitty buggy poor excuse for a game.

Do they really have nothing better to do ?

Those 5k players don't give a 2 shits about what you think. They like the game hence why they're playing it. Why is that such a problem for you? Why do you even waste your time posting something like this? Pretty sad
    AsheramMorbeousmgilbrtsnsschrupp
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    I still play the game and almost everyday.It offers more than than the highest populated games on the internet such as the SIMPLETON BR games and the CSGo games,mobas,arpg's all very shallow games.

It doesn't matter we all have preferences as to what we want even if just a game of chess.

However i have not been happy with the dev team behind Atlas,not even remotely.I feel aside from bug fixing they have made the game worse each time they make changes.

I listen to the complaints from the side the dev team are listening to and i just shake my head,they are THAT dumb.So one person says the game is turning into everyone playing on mounts and of course the dev team says i agree we need to change that.

Now if that person and the devs had a CLUE,they would realize that if everyone is doing that,GUESS WHAT,they must LIKE doing that,go figure such a simple answer right?How dare they have fun in my game,we can't have that,they MUST do what we want them to do and darn it we will keep nerfing all of the game out of the game until we get what we want.

I could write an essay showing WHY this game keeps failing and it is because of pvp.Every single change they make is because of pvp but guess what,this SMALL lazy team doesn't incorporate change just on the pvp side,they FORCE the same changes onto the PVE side,soooooooo hey let's get rid of pve lol.

The game at it's core is great,long established from the very first iteration of Dark N Light however th epeople left in charge of butchering the idea are doing a good job of just that,butchering a great concept of a game.

Valdheim

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    People asking for optimization for over a year and they still answer "it is coming" and after that is: after optimization it "should" be better ^^

If they optimized game from beggining and after that focus on bugs they wouldnt loose so many players.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    NON of the teams answers were good ones,they continue to show their arrogance and stupidity.

Optimization:You know how the team handles that,let's remove a lot of the islands and create more crowded ones to create MORE lag.So now that they made that mistake,let's try and fix our error by telling everyone to get off the land and out to the seas ...roflmao.The water physics is some of the most lag in the game.
    Know how else we handle all our mistakes,let's make less creatures spawn.

This is how an understaffed,LAZY team handles optimization.There is already a lot of overlay,semi solid meshes drawn in the world,they actually cause issues with glitching and being stuck and zone properties not working correctly.I was actually caught in one and because the physics failed i just started to drop to the bottom of the ocean floor.Once there i couldn't swim back up,i had to walk along the floor until i hit a spot the zone properties were working again.Point being that won't be the answer either.

ANY lazy fix they do will likely ruin the game even more than it helps it.

Seat/unseat is not realistic and NOT important.

Drake versus Hydra is NOT important and not even needed,who stated they were supposed to be equal anyhow?
    "more fun stuff on the water"NO there is not,there is only 3 options on the water,combat,ocean depths Crab Alley,to move from point A to point B.IMO there will NEVER be a lot of things to do on the water and furthermore WHY are they even trying to force the game onto the water 24/7,oh yeah to fix their lag issues.

Guess what happens if everyone is on the water?Wish i could ask the dumbass dev team.

Answer:Ships get blown up then players have to spend time rebuilding ships >>ON LAND.This is also why they wanted to implement buying ships with gold.The alternative happens,they get sick of that rinse repeat cycle and QUIT or go play on private servers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Wizardry said:
    I still play the game and almost everyday.It offers more than than the highest populated games on the internet such as the SIMPLETON BR games and the CSGo games,mobas,arpg's all very shallow games.

It doesn't matter we all have preferences as to what we want even if just a game of chess.

However i have not been happy with the dev team behind Atlas,not even remotely.I feel aside from bug fixing they have made the game worse each time they make changes.

I listen to the complaints from the side the dev team are listening to and i just shake my head,they are THAT dumb.So one person says the game is turning into everyone playing on mounts and of course the dev team says i agree we need to change that.

Now if that person and the devs had a CLUE,they would realize that if everyone is doing that,GUESS WHAT,they must LIKE doing that,go figure such a simple answer right?How dare they have fun in my game,we can't have that,they MUST do what we want them to do and darn it we will keep nerfing all of the game out of the game until we get what we want.

I could write an essay showing WHY this game keeps failing and it is because of pvp.Every single change they make is because of pvp but guess what,this SMALL lazy team doesn't incorporate change just on the pvp side,they FORCE the same changes onto the PVE side,soooooooo hey let's get rid of pve lol.

The game at it's core is great,long established from the very first iteration of Dark N Light however th epeople left in charge of butchering the idea are doing a good job of just that,butchering a great concept of a game.

Did you just say its sorta like D&L ??  Im in!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• shinobi4444shinobi4444 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    offering more than all the other games..... lmfao kid is delusional
  • MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86

offering more than all the other games..... lmfao kid is delusional

Do you ever post anything positive? Looking through your posts history you are one negative dude
    Valdheim
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Wow, this game had faded in to the background for me.

I wanted to like it but it was so poorly optimised and buggy it killed my enthusiasm real quick. Last time I heard about it, not much had changed. Is it vastly better than it was?
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Have they even optimized ARK yet?
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    lolAtlas