Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Office Chairs Ranked

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
edited August 2020 in Hardware

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Best office chair I ever had is the one I am in now.  Why?  Because it’s in my house and not in the office so I don’t have to drive in and then be surrounded by office idiots.  The chair in my actual office may cost $500 more than this one... but I’ll chose this one any day of the week.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Sounds like fake news. I will need to double check from a reliable source. 
    Amathe
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    remsleep said:
    $25 wooden Ikea chair - still using it after 10 years.

Best gaming chair I've ever had - nothing has broken on it so far and looks brand new

• Seat comfort: hard wood, very comfortable for me
    • Backrest comfort:  never use the backrest personally so don't know
    • Armrest comfort:  none, I don't like armrests as I don't use them
    • Adjustability: none, the chair is perfect as is no need to adjust anything
    • Back and lumbar support: never lean back so don't need any back or lumbar support
    • Ease of reclining: if i am going to recline i will go sit on the couch or lay down,  I don't recline when I game

Build

• Ease of assembly: took about 10min, the back piece and back legs one piece - screw on the seat, sides and front legs, don't even need the instruction book, takes about 10min
    • Quality of chair materials: its solid wood, hasn't broken in over 10 years.
    • Overall aesthetic: its a wood chair... what do you expect 

Warranty

• Does it have a warranty? I don't think you can get warranty on a $25 chair, I mean come on

It can also double (briefly) as a source of firewood for those exceptionally cold days!  :*

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    The one I have is from my husband's old office. He bought it when they renovated and it was quite new and expensive and he got it for a steal, almost everyone in the office bought stuff from the old office. Those days offices used to splurge on things and chalk it up as expenses in their taxes.
    Amathe

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I'm assuming the writers of this article didn't even test these chairs as they say the aeron has "relative lack of adjustability" yet has the most adjustment options of every chair on that list. MMORPG.com does better comparison articles.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,349
    Your article title sounds like clickbait.
    Amathe
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    An article from the communist news network? Swipe right... I don’t need them telling me what to sit on.
    So edgy, you must be super popular with the 12 - 15 yr old crowd.
    Iselin

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Since this post floated to the top of the forum heap (again), I wonder where the gaming sofa ranked?

RexKushman

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,349
    An article from the communist news network? Swipe right... I don’t need them telling me what to sit on.
    While CNN is certainly on the left on controversial political issues, ranking office chairs doesn't seem like the sort of thing where CNN would have a decidedly different slant than, say, Fox News.  Unless someone has decided that your choice of office chair is now a political statement.  Actually, someone probably has decided that, but I don't think that take has spread to major media organizations.