Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tennocon 2020: Warframe's Heart of Deimos Reveal

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion
imageTennocon 2020: Warframe's Heart of Deimos Reveal

Revealed at Tennocon 2020, Aaron takes you through some of what is coming with Heart of Deimos, Warframe's next major update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Bad move. DE clearly did not follow the GW's Heart of Thorns fiasco. This whole Deimos update is Tangled Depths taken to the extreme.

- A giant never ending maze where people will get constantly lost? ✔
    - High density of mobs (infested) swarming the player at every corner? ✔
    - Verticality added as an extra feature touted by the devs, only to end up being hated for adding to the general confusion of the zones? ✔ (most likely)

With the added benefit of all of that being generated procedurally. Not a fixed map, oh no. No waypoints to use if you are hopelessly lost. Oh what glorious days await us!

And instead of getting rid of their pointless space emo addition of a few years ago, DE is now doubling down on the operators, and as usual, by adding another huge grind and a presumably mandatory mechanic. So on top of the focus farm added with operators, we will now have a completely disconnected Necramech grind, because...? What Saryn can do with laughable ease, what every frame can do with a short pull of the Ignis trigger we will now be forced by DE to do using our operators in some arbitrary and convoluted way. As has been their habit for a couple of years now...

This game is so lost in space. Just floating around with no sense of who, where, what, why... Steven should admit he no longer has what's needed to direct this game and leave his place to someone with fresh ideas and with a clear vision for Warframe.

JeroKaneHyperpsycrow
  • ghrendel7ghrendel7 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    mispelling the title of the article.....pro.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited August 2020

Bad move. DE clearly did not follow the GW's Heart of Thorns fiasco. This whole Deimos update is Tangled Depths taken to the extreme.

- Verticality added as an extra feature touted by the devs, only to end up being hated for adding to the general confusion of the zones? ✔ (most likely)

With the added benefit of all of that being generated procedurally. Not a fixed map, oh no. No waypoints to use if you are hopelessly lost. Oh what glorious days await us!

Bruh this is all of Warframe. You must not have played the game.
    Lark3mcranthugJeroKane
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567

Utinni said:

Bruh this is all of Warframe. You must not have played the game.

Been playing it on and off since 2013. Granted, with many breaks and I'm only MR 25 after all those years.

The quality of recent updates is nowhere near what DE were releasing some 2-3 years ago. Nowadays it's grind for the sake of grind and to provide some excuse for yet another pointless feature completely disconnected from the rest of the game (other than sharing the same setting).

One would think they have learned at least with Railjack. Clearly, they have not.

JeroKane
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    I do not get the whining. This is a huge step in the right direction:
    - New systems that actually relates to the actual Warframes.
    - Titanfall light combat mode.
    - Overhaul of existing content to make it more fun. (Redoing the old Derelic nodes.)
    - Introduction of open area with random elements. I always found it disappointing that the base layouts in Fortuna was not random. Hopefully they will revisit that down the road and add random layouts there as well.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    "This game is so lost in space. Just floating around with no sense of who, where, what, why... Steven should admit he no longer has what's needed to direct this game and leave his place to someone with fresh ideas and with a clear vision for Warframe"

This is exactly what i feel like...this game needs a new story line and a better one that makes sence. so we know where why and how

• Captain_harlockCaptain_harlock Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    edited September 2020

And instead of getting rid of their pointless space emo addition of a few years ago, DE is now doubling down on the operators, and as usual, by adding another huge grind and a presumably mandatory mechanic. So on top of the focus farm added with operators, we will now have a completely disconnected Necramech grind, because...? What Saryn can do with laughable ease, what every frame can do with a short pull of the Ignis trigger we will now be forced by DE to do using our operators in some arbitrary and convoluted way. As has been their habit for a couple of years now...

This game is so lost in space. Just floating around with no sense of who, where, what, why... Steven should admit he no longer has what's needed to direct this game and leave his place to someone with fresh ideas and with a clear vision for Warframe.

Don't tell me this please I lost thousand of hours on this game trying to have fun, hoping in a decent update making this a real game.
    -Enemies nerfed, More Power Creepy, farming more pets and childish gameplay. No thanks i had to uninstall the game after many years, i had enough of recycled contents and just grinding.
    -They just throw random stuff every update trying to hype new players and some old addicted one. -Broken rules, terrible balancement but if you are 12 year old having fun killing everything with 1 button, stupid and bugged minigames, practically you have 1% content and the other 99% is just cheap extreme grinding. -It's funny someone appreciates this the last updates, seriously i have no idea how people can have fun is a such game nowadays. "Robby the robot" is a mech? sht it is a cheap piece of trash and overall without any use for now!!! DO i need to wait the next update to be forced to use it against their next cheap boss? No thanks. I have to say thanks to them because at least now i waste my time on more useful stuff. And Steve should change his current job( probably only drinking beer).. they had a good base for a great game and they turned everything into this crap
    edited September 2020

hfztt said:

- Overhaul of existing content to make it more fun. (Redoing the old Derelic nodes.)

- Introduction of open area with random elements. I always found it disappointing that the base layouts in Fortuna was not random. Hopefully they will revisit that down the road and add random layouts there as well.

-Titanfall combat modes? Are you kidding? you are piloting a cheap "Robby the robot" mech without any purpose and they will probably force you to farm that sht to fight another cheap boss.

-Overhaul of existing BORING content(everyone stopped to play) and the new ones are just recycled mechanics with a different textures.

-open areas (Random or not) could be fun if there were something fun to do, or various quests to complete. Currently you go there just to make the same bounties, thousand of times to farm something useless or to fish, hunting or mine to farm something useless.
    -I uninstalled the game after this update after many years. If I wanted a Shooter, if i wanted just a Full grind game i played something else.
    edited September 2020

"This game is so lost in space. Just floating around with no sense of who, where, what, why... Steven should admit he no longer has what's needed to direct this game and leave his place to someone with fresh ideas and with a clear vision for Warframe"

This is exactly what i feel like...this game needs a new story line and a better one that makes sence. so we know where why and how

From the beginning Steve wanted to throw random stuff in this game to hype new players and sell a Beta game( after 8 years of development) to China. Done...

hfztt said:

A huge step?
    Do we play the same game?
    Because from my point of view, this is just recycled cheap content with new textures, forcing you to play old boring missions none wanna play anymore. Practically is 90% grinding, 9% stupid minigames and 1% a shooter.
    is "Robby the robot" a mech? meh...