Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's 20 Minutes Of Elyon RvR Content

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,206
    edited August 1
    Nanfoodle said:

Asheram said:

Watched that video and the game looks terrible. What was your point?
    His impression after playing it for 61 hours was the point. He liked it til lvl 30 then after that it was all dailies and chores not much story.

Whats your point?
    tzervo
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,110
    Looks better than I thought it would.
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 485
    edited August 1
    Nanfoodle said:
    remsleep said:
    To really see what the game is about - go to 20:30 in video

LOOT BOX
    RNG

yeah - awesome game
    That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 

Because games that resort to rng lootbox mechanics .. err "surprise mechanics" are hiding the lack of content behind players running the same shit over and over again because RNG mechanics. 

Let's just accept the fact that it's shit game design no matter east or west developer puts this in the game - it just means - hey instead of putting in proper content - we will just let players run this same thing 100s of times til they rng get what they need.

No I don't like what I see, no I won't move on

Remember just because something is commonly done, it doesn't mean it is right and that it doesn't need fixing.
    YashaX
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 8,243
    remsleep said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    remsleep said:

LOOT BOX
    RNG

yeah - awesome game
    That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 

Because games that resort to rng lootbox mechanics .. err "surprise mechanics" are hiding the lack of content behind players running the same shit over and over again because RNG mechanics. 

Let's just accept the fact that it's shit game design no matter east or west developer puts this in the game - it just means - hey instead of putting in proper content - we will just let players run this same thing 100s of times til they rng get what they need.

No I don't like what I see, no I won't move on

Remember just because something is commonly done, it doesn't mean it is right and that it doesn't need fixing.
    Not all RNG is bad. The way it was done in ESO was fair and they kept updating the system to make it more fair. We know little about the RNG in this game. Was interesting to see that after winning the keep or what ever they were fighting over, the RNG was given and it was an item they could wear. I know in ESO and DAoC and GW2 I could take out a dozen keeps in an evening. So that seemed like a fair reward for 20 min of game play. So for me, its a wait and see category. 
    BruceYee
  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 457
    It looks okish but nothing to make me excited .
    MIght give it a look when it launches if im super bored
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 153
    wow.... all these salty people hate this game before even giving it a chance. As a Lineage/Aion/Tera/BDO player this looks like fun to me. I'm not sure what western mmos are obviously much better than this. I've tried everything out and don't care for most of them at all.
    DarkHigh said:
    wow.... all these salty people hate this game before even giving it a chance. As a Lineage/Aion/Tera/BDO player this looks like fun to me. I'm not sure what western mmos are obviously much better than this. I've tried everything out and don't care for most of them at all.

That's exactly how I feel about Lineage/Aion/Tera/BDO - don't care for any of them.

Valdheim
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 338

Way too much stuff going on the screen. I've seen some bad WoW UI in my days. But this is over the top.

Thats what im thinking looks like a giant cluster....No idea how anyone can tactically or skillfully sort out what is going on.
    Valdheim
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,021
    This looks like Aion had a baby with WoW's Alterac Valley.

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 258
    This will be another Asian cash cow that will make hundreds of millions as stupid people will pay a fortune to enhance their gear just as they did in BDO
    RhoklawValdheim
  • vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Looks fun.............................................................. for a month or so.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,110
    This game is now really getting my attention. I have been waiting so long for a PVP mmo with Territory Control and Elyon might be the one. 

This reminds me of an old school Lineage 2 castle siege.  :)

GreatnessNanfoodle
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,834
    So many things happening on the screen and no lag , now that in itself is impressive.
    MikehaGreatnessNanfoodlecameltosisValdheim

• ysquare21ysquare21 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Hm. Looks beyonf generic and bland now. I was quite interested when it was announced as A:IR: Infinte Ascen quite a while back. The air combat, design and full on steampunk world looked interesting. Then it got quiet and resurfaced as this. Not only does it look generic but it has a similar enchantment system BDo has. Hard pass.
    Valdheim
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 323
    we're in a time saying "better than nothing"...
    that's sad but as there's nothing coming, i'll give it a try too but i continue to refuse to put $$ in these
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,205
    edited August 2
    People are still forgetting this is on UE3 so its gonna run like hot garbage when actual people play it. Hell, even developer controlled footage ran 'well' for Bless Online until it went live and we all know how that ended.
    ysquare21 said:
    Hm. Looks beyonf generic and bland now. I was quite interested when it was announced as A:IR: Infinte Ascen quite a while back. The air combat, design and full on steampunk world looked interesting. Then it got quiet and resurfaced as this. Not only does it look generic but it has a similar enchantment system BDo has. Hard pass.
    Well the game is being published by "Kakao...err Ka$hkao games" and they saw first hand how western players are just throwing their wallets at gear upgrades in BDO - so naturally they went "copy this same system in this game - let the mass player milking commence!"

Expect all the scummy predatory cash shop tactics to be in full force in this game.

Albatroes said:
    People are still forgetting this is on UE3 so its gonna run like hot garbage when actual people play it. Hell, even developer controlled footage ran 'well' for Bless Online until it went live and we all know how that ended.

I can see Korean studios still using UE3 20 years from now
    Rhygarth said:
    This will be another Asian cash cow that will make hundreds of millions as stupid people will pay a fortune to enhance their gear just as they did in BDO

This will not be 1/10th the success of BDO - why? Doesn't have hot wifu graphics for incels to spend $1000s of dollars playing dressup with their pixel spouse.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,301
    How can anyone play with a UI that busy and so many over the top GFX all around? It looks obnoxious.
    tzervoValdheim
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 8,243
    Iselin said:
    How can anyone play with a UI that busy and so many over the top GFX all around? It looks obnoxious.
    After playing WoW over ten years I don't even notice the mess till I started playing ESO full time. 
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I mean, this has always looked like just another typical Korean MMORPG.  Everyone knew in the back of their minds that this would be the case.  The only reason it's disappointing is when they announced the game right after PUBG seemingly knocked it out of the park, and claimed it was their attempt at developing an MMO for a Western audience.  This is not for the West.
    Iselin said:

Damn good question - I think it's conditioning over time, after a while it starts to look normal.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited August 2

Nanfoodle said:

remsleep said:

LOOT BOX

RNG

yeah - awesome game

"top mmos" because there is literally nothing fucking else to play that doesnt have it. Just because its common doesnt mean it isnt a fucking garbage mechanic that needs to fuck right off.
    Valdheim
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,885
    Even under a diff name Kano manages to completely hijack and destroy a thread of a game he admits he'll never play.

Korean games are usually designed with the intent of squeezing money from their players in recent times and everyone should be aware of that. That being said though depending on the version the west gets by the looks of it I'm seeing some aspects of the game may be fun and it has nice visuals. Korean PC games designing the game around the cash shop motivates them to devote 150% to keeping the game working properly to keep the cash money flowing similar to mobile games.