Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Live Stream Showed Pre-Alpha Footage of Gathering, Dungeon Fly Through, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Live Stream Showed Pre-Alpha Footage of Gathering, Dungeon Fly Through, More

Yesterday's Ashes of Creation live stream provided an update on development, including some pre-alpha footage of gathering, in addition to a dungeon fly through.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Great to see, but if you are hiring 24 new staff then 2022 at the earliest.
  • junglebeastjunglebeast Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The char animation could use some work. But I love how the world looks. And so much interesting idea's and features. Gonna be a while till we see a large beta.

You know when you play too much MMO's when your partners pants have become a rare drop.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Remember when those 23 people got mad they made the BR to make sure PvP and combat was right?

Keep up the good work!
    AlomarFedayginValdheimmatsuzin
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Much better stuff than announcing there's a roadmap delay.
    BrotherMaynardScotFedayginMcSleaz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Looks good
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

bcbully said:

Remember when those 23 people got mad they made the BR to make sure PvP and combat was right?

Keep up the good work!

Add at least two zeros to that and you might be correct ;-)

But I guess we can all agree that it's a relief to see they didn't turn this BR test to a real game and abandoned the big project they made this for. Gave them more credibility then it actually hurt them, imo.
    bcbully
  • matsuzinmatsuzin Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Looking way better than I thought for a pre-alpha game built from scratch. Of course it still needs a lot of work, especially in the animations that looks a little artificial. Looking forward to it!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    First time I have seen them talk about how they manage the node system. You can find that at about 19 min into the video. Before that point everything is just fluff.
    bcbullyCatibrie
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    36 min into the video it shows off what the game looks like now. Its only 17 min long portion. Does look good.
    bcbullyCatibrie