Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel's Avengers - War Table Reveals New Character: Hawkeye, Beta Details Revealed

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageMarvel's Avengers - War Table Reveals New Character: Hawkeye, Beta Details Revealed

In the latest Marvel's Avengers War Table, a hulk-load of information was released including some beta rewards and the reveal of a new playable character, Hawkeye. For players that will be playing one of the several upcoming beta tests in August, the War Table has provided quite a bit of information as to what you can look forward to.

Read the full story here

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    They've done a really fantastic job. It's awesome that you can play with AI players that you setup with gear and stuff too. It's like a team based RPG where you control each characters spec.
    Nanfoodle

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I can't wait to play this game. Really looking forward to it.
    maskedweaselNanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya, this is on my steam wishlist. This is the game I am most looking forward to in 2020
    maskedweaselTruvidiennMendel
    I'm just torn on what to get it on. PS4 gets in first, but PC would probably look and run so much better.

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited July 2020
    Avengers Assemble !
    maskedweasel
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

I'm just torn on what to get it on. PS4 gets in first, but PC would probably look and run so much better.

Already bought it via Steam. So PC for meeeee
    maskedweasel
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited July 2020
    I'll probably be doing this on PC. Easier to play with friends that way. That said, how about future PS5 cross-saves, hint hint.

I'll be playing Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye.

Really hope they add my boys Star Lord, Dr. Strange, Gambit, and Cyclops. 
    Aeander said:
    I'll probably be doing this on PC. Easier to play with friends that way. That said, how about future PS5 cross-saves, hint hint.

Man, I don't even know if X-men or mutants are on the horizon at all. They probably aren't planning on hitting any of them until the MCU has pushed them into the films. They're already talking about the inhumans a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them first, despite their lack of popularity (even though it did grow a bit) but Kamala is an inhuman.. so... who knows. 

Dr. Strange and Starlord are pretty much givens though. I'm hoping they put Ant-Man in as playable. They seem to have the ability to grow and shrink pretty well with what I've seen so far, so there is no reason for them not to have Ant-Man.  Was a dirty shame that they put Wasp in MUA 3 and not him. 

Right now I'm probably looking at Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and maybe Iron Man to spend my time with. 

edited July 2020
    Aeander said:

Man, I don't even know if X-men or mutants are on the horizon at all. They probably aren't planning on hitting any of them until the MCU has pushed them into the films. They're already talking about the inhumans a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them first, despite their lack of popularity (even though it did grow a bit) but Kamala is an inhuman.. so... who knows. 

Dr. Strange and Starlord are pretty much givens though. I'm hoping they put Ant-Man in as playable. They seem to have the ability to grow and shrink pretty well with what I've seen so far, so there is no reason for them not to have Ant-Man.  Was a dirty shame that they put Wasp in MUA 3 and not him. 

Right now I'm probably looking at Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and maybe Iron Man to spend my time with. 
    I agree with everything said. Though I 100% believe that Wolverine will be a year one add, alongside the obvious Spiderman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Inhumans suck, though I do want Black Bolt.

Cyclops and Gambit are less likely personal wants. Gambit, my fellow Cajun, is my favorite superhero and was my MHO main.

Also, I forgot Daredevil. I REALLLLLY want Daredevil.
    maskedweasel
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

I agree with everything said. Though I 100% believe that Wolverine will be a year one add, alongside the obvious Spiderman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Inhumans suck, though I do want Black Bolt.

Cyclops and Gambit are less likely personal wants. Gambit, my fellow Cajun, is my favorite superhero and was my MHO main.

I wouldn't give up hope. If they do this game right, they'll get a hefty roster in. I just don't know how long it would take to do so. 

Each character seems to have a pretty robust skill line. There are characters that are just "given" because they are big in the films, and it seems they are really attempting to capitalize on that. Ms. Marvel was kind of an interesting choice, though she's become more popular nowadays... but they could have thrown Squirrel Girl in that role just as easily... maybe that would have ended with less of an Avengers tilt though. 

But you know Captain Marvel isn't far behind. I anticipate Vision and Scarlet Witch will be on the way too. 

But so help me if Wasp shows up and no playable Ant-Man... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

I wouldn't give up hope. If they do this game right, they'll get a hefty roster in. I just don't know how long it would take to do so. 

Each character seems to have a pretty robust skill line. There are characters that are just "given" because they are big in the films, and it seems they are really attempting to capitalize on that. Ms. Marvel was kind of an interesting choice, though she's become more popular nowadays... but they could have thrown Squirrel Girl in that role just as easily... maybe that would have ended with less of an Avengers tilt though. 

But you know Captain Marvel isn't far behind. I anticipate Vision and Scarlet Witch will be on the way too. 

I think there's actual design integrity behind the choice of Ms. Marvel. She's literally the glue that holds the core narrative together and I don't see another character doing what she does in that regard. She's the perfect person to reunite the disillusioned Avengers.

And yes, Wasp but no Ant Man pissed me off in MUA3. I was also pissed off by Falcon, but no Winter Soldier.
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    eve that Wolverine will be a year one add, alongside the obvious Spiderman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Inhumans suck, though I do want Black Bolt.

I think there's actual design integrity behind the choice of Ms. Marvel. She's literally the glue that holds the core narrative together and I don't see another character doing what she does in that regard. She's the perfect person to reunite the disillusioned Avengers.

And yes, Wasp but no Ant Man pissed me off in MUA3. I was also pissed off by Falcon, but no Winter Soldier.
    That's a really good point. Especially since they threw in some obscure characters nobody really cares about like Elsa Bloodstone and Crystal. There were probably a dozen characters more deserving than them. 

Aeander said:

So, good news. The most recent datamine revealed code for:

• Ant-Man
    • Black Panther
    • Captain Marvel
    • Doctor Strange
    • Falcon
    • Kate Bishop
    • Mar-Vell
    • Mockingbird
    • Quake
    • Scarlet Witch
    • She-Hulk
    • Vision
    • War Machine
    • Wasp
    • Winter Soldier
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

• Ant-Man
    • Black Panther
    • Captain Marvel
    • Doctor Strange
    • Falcon
    • Kate Bishop
    • Mar-Vell
    • Mockingbird
    • Quake
    • Scarlet Witch
    • She-Hulk
    • Vision
    • War Machine
    • Wasp
    • Winter Soldier
    Surprising no xmen at all. No mutants unless they consider Scarlet Witch one, which they should.. but...

Fingers crossed you get that gambit. 

Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

• Ant-Man
    • Black Panther
    • Captain Marvel
    • Doctor Strange
    • Falcon
    • Kate Bishop
    • Mar-Vell
    • Mockingbird
    • Quake
    • Scarlet Witch
    • She-Hulk
    • Vision
    • War Machine
    • Wasp
    • Winter Soldier
    Surprising no xmen at all. No mutants unless they consider Scarlet Witch one, which they should.. but...

Fingers crossed indeed. I suspect that we'll start seeing them in the game when we start seeing them in the MCU.
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

• Ant-Man
    • Black Panther
    • Captain Marvel
    • Doctor Strange
    • Falcon
    • Kate Bishop
    • Mar-Vell
    • Mockingbird
    • Quake
    • Scarlet Witch
    • She-Hulk
    • Vision
    • War Machine
    • Wasp
    • Winter Soldier

Fingers crossed indeed. I suspect that we'll start seeing them in the game when we start seeing them in the MCU.
    Bumping because of recent news.

Their license apparently extends to the entire Marvel universe. Meaning, X-men are on the table if they want to do it and if they can justify them story-wise to Marvel/Disney.