Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new ad blocker

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
edited July 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Looks like I'm going to need a better ad blocker for my Samsung 8 because, well, you know.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

;) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Wellspring

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Wait, they make ad blockers for smartphones? I've been suffering through ads on my iPhone for years...
    --------------------------------------------
  • tricon21tricon21 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    For non-rooted android systems try https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.jak_linux.dns66/
    [Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Kyleran said:
    Looks like I'm going to need a better ad blocker for my Samsung 8 because, well, you know.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

;) 

Ghostery makes a browser
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    AdGuard highest rated ad blocker for Android. Removes ads in both browsers and apps.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Yeah today for the first time pop ups everywhere on this site when accessed on my android phone.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Amathe said:
    Yeah today for the first time pop ups everywhere on this site when accessed on my android phone.
    Shhhh.....

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I just started to get a ridiculous video/commercial playing everytime I login on my iPad...
    Clicking just links to the commercial homepage.

The result is that I just don't login as often.
    KyleranAmathe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Pretty sad as i typically turn them off on this site but soon as i do in comes tons of popups to the point of annoyance.Then if i forget to turn them back on when i leave it is like WTF is going on.

This is the ENTIRE world of the internet now a days,everyone and their goldfish are trying to make tons of money from the internet.No longer a SHARING device,a way to game with others around the world, a way to attain some information but a complete portfolio of money making connections.
    Everywhere it is like follow me on these 6-7 different apps,like and subscribe OH and here are your cookies/trackers and beacons and thanks for watching my popup ads,oh thanks for for coming.
    AlBQuirky

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    @Iselin - worked like a charm after restarting phone, thx