Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joseph Bradford, relax... Standing Stone Games will get with the community eventually.

ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
That was some temper tantrum there Mr. Bradford.  Yes, it sucks that DDO and LOTRO are having issues.  Standing Stone Games will no doubt give us information when there is information to give.  The company just isn't the most timely group of developers on the MMORPG scene.  Relax, the information you seek will come eventually.
FrodoFraginsmaskedweaselGdemamiIselinKyleranTuor7

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    No idea what you are referring to.  Sorry.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    That was some temper tantrum there Mr. Bradford.  Yes, it sucks that DDO and LOTRO are having issues.  Standing Stone Games will no doubt give us information when there is information to give.  The company just isn't the most timely group of developers on the MMORPG scene.  Relax, the information you seek will come eventually.
    Link to the tantrum please.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Joseph isn't a tantrum kind of guy. I have found him to be very level headed. So this doesn't sound like something he would do. At least not without great provocation.
    Gdemami

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2020
    I think he's referring to this opinion piece
      https://www.mmorpg.com/lord-of-the-rings-online/editorials/mmoside-chat-standing-stone-games-lack-of-communication-during-downtime-is-unacceptable-2000118845
    and MMORPG.com making articles that Lotro servers have had downtime, problems, and chat disabled.

Imho MMORPG.com are doing they job when they make MMO news like that. This isn't supposed to be website dedicated to kissing the dev's asses. MMORPG.com should report about both good and bad, and Lotro's troubles are lasting long enough that it's newsworthy.
    SovrathKyleranGdemamiIselinTuor7

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Well she/he/it got an agree from the lol troll. That alone tells you how messed up the OP's take is.

Thou shalt not, ever, under any circumstances, criticize a studio.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Vrika said:
      https://www.mmorpg.com/lord-of-the-rings-online/editorials/mmoside-chat-standing-stone-games-lack-of-communication-during-downtime-is-unacceptable-2000118845
    and MMORPG.com making articles that Lotro servers have had downtime, problems, and chat disabled.

Imho MMORPG.com are doing they job when they make MMO news like that. This isn't supposed to be website dedicated to kissing the dev's asses. MMORPG.com should report about both good and bad, and Lotro's troubles are lasting long enough that it's newsworthy.
    That is the article I was referring to, thank you.  Now, for the follow-up article https://www.mmorpg.com/lord-of-the-rings-online/news/lord-of-the-rings-online-provides-a-coupon-code-as-thank-you-gift-vip-sub-time-compensation-news-coming-soon-2000118919

Of course I don't want the writers to kiss the dev's asses.  But I will call B.S. when a writer knows that Standing Stone Games did give an update stating they didn't have further information at that time and as soon as they did, they would be updating the community.  That is exactly what happened.  Just because Standing Stone Games (or any development house) isn't responding in real time as fast as the article writer deems appropriate doesn't mean the developers are IGNORING the community like the writer was hinting at.

My point is, there was no reason for the article to be written in the first place as the devs were communicating with the community just as they said they would be.  
    MightyUncleanSensaiGdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    xD_Gaming said:
    Iselin said:
    Well she/he/it got an agree from the lol troll. That alone tells you how messed up the OP's take is.

Thou shalt not, ever, under any circumstances, criticize a studio.
    not much to critizes really LotrO is on of the longest running mmo worlds post wow. Age of Conan would be the second longest running, and I'm speaking AAA titles, not some 2.5d side scrolling muck . #xD 
    Without getting into the current state of LotRO vs. what it once was, neither its longevity nor anything else exempts them from criticism when it's appropriate. Nothing and no one - net even this game :) - is perfect.

When their shit stinks talking about the smell is the right thing to do.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Vrika said:

That is the article I was referring to, thank you.  Now, for the follow-up article https://www.mmorpg.com/lord-of-the-rings-online/news/lord-of-the-rings-online-provides-a-coupon-code-as-thank-you-gift-vip-sub-time-compensation-news-coming-soon-2000118919

Of course I don't want the writers to kiss the dev's asses.  But I will call B.S. when a writer knows that Standing Stone Games did give an update stating they didn't have further information at that time and as soon as they did, they would be updating the community.  That is exactly what happened.  Just because Standing Stone Games (or any development house) isn't responding in real time as fast as the article writer deems appropriate doesn't mean the developers are IGNORING the community like the writer was hinting at.

My point is, there was no reason for the article to be written in the first place as the devs were communicating with the community just as they said they would be.  
    Even today they still haven't fully explained what the cascading issues were which were out of their control nor is the chat system back online.

But they are sorry and are willing to compensate ... as long as players do so before Aug 31st. Why the artificial deadline, who knows?

Yep, definitely rock star communication there...not.

:D 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon