Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Officially Announces Fable, Developed by Playground Games

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023
edited July 23 in Videos Discussion

imageMicrosoft Officially Announces Fable, Developed by Playground Games

In case you missed it, Microsoft announced the return of Fable during their Xbox Games Showcase leading up to their Xbox Series X launch.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    This could be awesome!

    Hopefully it's done right, and not what their last "title" was that basically killed the series.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,603
    I just hope it eventually comes to PC.
    Scot
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 270
    edited July 23
    Sovrath said:
    I just hope it eventually comes to PC.
    I believe all of the Xbox games revealed today are simultaneously releasing on PC. They are doubling down on GamePass.
    AbimorSovrathValdheimBabuinixScotstrawhat0981
  • AbimorAbimor Member UncommonPosts: 634



    Sovrath said:

    I just hope it eventually comes to PC.


    I believe all of the Xbox games revealed today are simultaneously releasing on PC. They are doubling down on GamePass.



    Yes fable will launch on pc at the same time a lot of their games you can play on pc or xbox and the save works for both. So if you went out of town and were playing Shadow of war on the xbox if you bought the play any where title and went some where with your laptop you could continue the game with the same save from the console.
    all microsoft published games will be available on game pass day one.
    SovrathValdheiminfomatzimmoralthang
  • AbimorAbimor Member UncommonPosts: 634
    edited July 24

    MrJatobi said:

    This could be awesome!



    Hopefully it's done right, and not what their last "title" was that basically killed the series.




    this one is being made by playground games think forza horizon I am not really into racing games but the horizon series has been rated very high. I am with you on fable 3 that was an awful game then they made some dumb kinect game and some kind of 4 vs 1 game was in production that never came out but looked terrible. I have fatih this one will be better but would have liked to see a date as I am not buying a new xbox until it comes out.
    Post edited by Abimor on
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,704
    edited July 24
    I can only hope the pc version doesn't use the same UI and controls as the console. Not interested in yet another half-assed port.
    Asm0deusTuor7NyghthowlerWarlyxsaker

    image
  • Panzerbeorne39Panzerbeorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Generic fantasy game is boring and cliche. Games are just so junk these days I’m not happy with any of them honestly. Take me back to 2005-2010; my golden age of gaming.
  • marcio519marcio519 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    this is interesting, wishing for a good and memorable game like fable the lost chapters.
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,420
    Gorwe said:
    Before anyone gets their hopes up, answer these: "Who are these devs, Playground Games?" and "Are they really capable to pull another Fable 1?".
    Their last game was Forza Horizon 4, and it got metacritic score of 88.

    They are capable of pulling out a really good game. It doesn't mean they would succeed this time, but they've made good games previously and they've got enough funding from Microsoft that they have a decent chance of success.
     
  • PuReDusTPuReDusT Member UncommonPosts: 17
    rumoured to be an MMO if i'm not mistaken
  • BuzzingLight22BuzzingLight22 Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    That trailer looks so well done to be honest. Seems a lot like to be an MMO kind game.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,393

    Vrika said:


    Gorwe said:

    Before anyone gets their hopes up, answer these: "Who are these devs, Playground Games?" and "Are they really capable to pull another Fable 1?".


    Their last game was Forza Horizon 4, and it got metacritic score of 88.

    They are capable of pulling out a really good game. It doesn't mean they would succeed this time, but they've made good games previously and they've got enough funding from Microsoft that they have a decent chance of success.



    People said the same thing about Biowares Destiny - Warframe love child Anthem. Making a good game in one genre really doesn't mean you have a decent chance of making a good game in another.

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,420
    Roin said:

    Vrika said:


    Gorwe said:

    Before anyone gets their hopes up, answer these: "Who are these devs, Playground Games?" and "Are they really capable to pull another Fable 1?".


    Their last game was Forza Horizon 4, and it got metacritic score of 88.

    They are capable of pulling out a really good game. It doesn't mean they would succeed this time, but they've made good games previously and they've got enough funding from Microsoft that they have a decent chance of success.



    People said the same thing about Biowares Destiny - Warframe love child Anthem. Making a good game in one genre really doesn't mean you have a decent chance of making a good game in another.
    Decent chance doesn't mean guaranteed success.
     
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,420
    edited July 24
    EDIT: Deleted, double post.
     
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 828
    Really hoping for this to succeed... simply for the sake of Fable :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,639
    All I know is that, unless something goes catastrophically wrong, I'll be playing it, and GamePass is still probably the best deal in gaming right now.
    blueturtle13



  • AbimorAbimor Member UncommonPosts: 634
    All I know is that, unless something goes catastrophically wrong, I'll be playing it, and GamePass is still probably the best deal in gaming right now.
    Really hoping for this to succeed... simply for the sake of Fable :P
    Same I think it is going to be like new horizion for the ps4 I really hope they keep some of the og series things thoug like property and some of the humor like punting chickens. 
    maskedweaselblueturtle13
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,659
    The first Fable was great, the second one was just OK, the third one was awful...I guess we shall see.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 3,045
    hoping for good gameplay otherwise is DOA
  • sakersaker Member UncommonPosts: 1,284


    I can only hope the pc version doesn't use the same UI and controls as the console. Not interested in yet another half-assed port.




    I LOATHE "console-centric" games!, what keeps me away from ESO, and the only thing I dislike about the Elder Scrolls games is the console-centric controls.
  • sakersaker Member UncommonPosts: 1,284
    I soooo completely knew the fairy was gunna get ate by something!
Sign In or Register to comment.