Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Find me a game

thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
Any game recommendations.

I was an avid MMO player from 2003 - 2014, swg, aion, l2, swtor being the ones I invested the most hours into especially SWG.

Ive pottered about in ESO and GW2 having a month here and there but ESO despite being a brilliant world and some great systems its combat just sucks and GW2 is just too meta focused at every level. Also tried swtor again recently but it just felt meh.

Spent the last couple of year playing fifa but im burned on it.  Loved Anthem combat and the ability to just jump in do something and leave but the rest of the game blew, id probably try destiny 2 but no third person is a major put off for the type of game it is.

I have 4 kids 3-11 and my 5 year old is severely disabled (rett syndrome) so gaming time isnt once what it was being able to commit to 2 hr sessions just isnt there I generally game in 20-30 min bursts but do probably get 2-3 hrs a day of gaming in.

More a fan of tab targetting unless its a destiny/anthem type game.

Division 2 is maybe an option, BDO sounds like it just wouldnt be friendly for me, or maybe I'm wrong and its afk feature might suit me, anything on the near horizon I've missed.

monetary wise i dont mind cash shops, subs etc im not capable of playing at l33t end game level so even p2w doesnt bother me that much.

Comments

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    BDO would cater best to your playstyle.  There is quite a lot to do in the game and it can be done in bursts.  They also added pets to the main questline so it wouldn't cost you as much to try it out.
    Ungoodstrawhat0981
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    How about classic WoW. That's what I'm playing now.
    Chamber of Chains
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    centkin said:
    BDO would cater best to your playstyle.  There is quite a lot to do in the game and it can be done in bursts.  They also added pets to the main questline so it wouldn't cost you as much to try it out.

Umm - he clearly says

"More a fan of tab targetting"

And you say BDO? come on now

BDO caters to no-lifers - again - come on now.
    I mean if you just want to life-skill and putz around - sure anyone can play it, but to really PLAY - as in max your character - gear up to high AP = no life
    Im not totally adverse to non tab when its done right and actually flows well if BDO does, my only real experience was ESO and thats just horrifically clunky unless you play at range.

Wish I hadnt missed Division2 trial a while back or that it was on steam so could buy and refund if it wasnt my cup of tea. I dont work due to daughters care needs and savings have slowly been going since I left work so dont want to throw £30 at a game to end up playing it for an hour and shelving it.

Worst thing was I had a code for it with my graphics card purchase but didnt realise it was time gated lol so when I finally went to use it had expired and AMD were as useful as a chocolate fireguard in that repsect.
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Well, you seem to have a bit of a diverse taste in games...given that and the amount of time you can dedicate in one sitting, maybe one of the seven billion battle royale games would work for you ?

If we are strictly talking about MMOs...with what you said, might want to go with WoW or FFXIV.  You can get a couple quests done in 30 mins in each, but you'd go in knowing you wouldn't be playing at end game much if at all.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like FFXIV would be a good fit, i think there is a free trial so might want to check that out. :)
    [Deleted User]Indahole
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    For tab targeting I would recommend lotro its old but has one of the best made areas 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2019
    What i would suggest is perhaps not the most umm legit but if you have owned a game,i would suggest a private server.
    Reason...None of these mmo's right now are any good,idc how many sales or people are playing them,they are not very well designed,more like generic assembly line crap.Point is that i wouldn't go out of my way to pay for these games right now,they are not worth it.

I paid for FFXI at least 5-6x ,so i had no qualms about playing FFXI on a private server.Loses some of the content but overall a fun experience that doesn't force me to pay a subscription for no reason.

There are other private server games as well.I feel MOST people have this inherit need to see a lot of other people around them,idk that is most people just stick to themselves anyhow.SO i play a fair bit of Atlas because it allows me to do a lot of what i want to do,kill stuff,build stuff,be scared of my surroundings,feel a challenge and no cash shops or subscriptions and the game is in essence 10x better than Minecraft that looks way better and is 1/2 the price.

Another biggie is Atlas allows you to run a single player server or your own non dedicated server where a family could play together or join other dedicated private servers or play official and/or PVe or pvp of choice.

Private servers take a little bit to get setup"not the case in Atlas anymore,just one click and slide in the mods you want" but if i can do it anyone can.I should repeat that i am not really in favor of someone leeching free gaming ,so yeah if you own some games already,check for a private server.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    One where they don't say "please."

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Damn @ OP.

4 kids 3-11 and one with rett syndrome is very difficult. Tough break for sure.

Why not regular WoW?
    Ungood
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Classic WoW, the servers are full and you can find a group at any level or even doing quests people invite you so you dont fight over claiming same mobs. 
    Been playing every day for about 40 days now and loving every moment the guild socializing and helping when needed makes experience even better. Classes are not balanced and that's what makes it great wow was great balancing and changes messed it up.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Warframe. Its 3d person, playable in short bursts, similar to Destiny/Anthem, f2p too.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    PhaserlightAsm0deus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Well the thing about bdo these days is it has become much more lenient on those who don't spend or don't spend much in the way of money on it.  And it doesn't take no life to be able to do things in the game.  You don't expect to be doing the hardest content in any game with no time investment.  I know it is not for everyone but it is different in a lot of ways from the other games and is worth giving a try.  What is there really to lose?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wizardry said:
    What i would suggest is perhaps not the most umm legit but if you have owned a game,i would suggest a private server.
    Reason...None of these mmo's right now are any good,idc how many sales or people are playing them,they are not very well designed,more like generic assembly line crap.Point is that i wouldn't go out of my way to pay for these games right now,they are not worth it.

I paid for FFXI at least 5-6x ,so i had no qualms about playing FFXI on a private server.Loses some of the content but overall a fun experience that doesn't force me to pay a subscription for no reason.

There are other private server games as well.I feel MOST people have this inherit need to see a lot of other people around them,idk that is most people just stick to themselves anyhow.SO i play a fair bit of Atlas because it allows me to do a lot of what i want to do,kill stuff,build stuff,be scared of my surroundings,feel a challenge and no cash shops or subscriptions and the game is in essence 10x better than Minecraft that looks way better and is 1/2 the price.

Another biggie is Atlas allows you to run a single player server or your own non dedicated server where a family could play together or join other dedicated private servers or play official and/or PVe or pvp of choice.

Private servers take a little bit to get setup"not the case in Atlas anymore,just one click and slide in the mods you want" but if i can do it anyone can.I should repeat that i am not really in favor of someone leeching free gaming ,so yeah if you own some games already,check for a private server.

I agree with all of this,
    I play vanilla WoW on a full packed private server and its great. If not pay for Classic !

My time is limited, their are times I don't play for days days on end.  People tend to think you have to play everyday or else... Why ?.... If I don't play for several days then decide to bing play for a few days, I still make friends.

This is how I plan on playing Pantheon.  Sure i'm excited about the game, but to say I can't play because of limited time ?.... Why !..... who made the rule to play fifty hours a week. 

Their are hidden benefits to this:
    If you find it's hard to get groups together, or if the general population seems they want to solo.... Don't play for a few days. Let this group advance a few levels and other people will move to your level. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I will always recommend Vendetta Online if there are no stoppers in your post.  It's the longest MMORPG I've played by a factor of 8, and is just really enjoyable when things go well in that specific MMO way.

Plus, I haven't seen any other MMO take the cross-platform philosophy to quite the same level, so there is that. If I get a Quest I will definitely look forward to playing it there (via Go ?)

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    since he can't stay playing long, try a single player game, so he can stop playing as required, greefall is nice
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IndaholeIndahole Member UncommonPosts: 21
    A few to consider:  Final Fantasy 14, Secret World Legends
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Well BDO gets a vote for me, as you can just AFK ride your horse while dealing with life, to have it level up, and the AFK fishing is also handy.

So.. something to look into.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    I own and played Division 2, not a bad game but  honestly... bored me, but some people really like it.   Plus, a bunch a basic street stuff you can do in 20 mins or less, but missions will likely take you longer.

I would vote a FPS multiplayer for sporadic 20-30 min game windows or less - take your pick... so many.

Also, people here have mentioned an indie game called Rimworld.  I'm definitely buying it after watching and reading the reviews.  Not multiplayer though.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I would give Phantasy Star Online 2 a try best free game out period.

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Forza Horizon 4 :)