Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has this site just added an anti-spammer post approval feature?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
I just had a curious experience of writing a post in another thread, posting it and seeing it displayed then gone back to edit a couple of typos and grammatical errors and then seeing my post disappear while getting a message saying that it would be displayed after approval.

Anyone else seeing that?

On a side note, very few spam posts visible today :)
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    edited July 2020
    Yes.  Akismet was implemented yesterday.  I've approved your post and marked you as verified so your posts will bypass the spam filters.
    [Deleted User]WhiteLanternKyleranUngoodAmathecheyaneBrotherMaynardNyghthowlerAlBQuirky

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Meddle said:
    Yes.  Akismet was implemented yesterday.  I've approved your post and marked you as verified so your posts will bypass the spam filters.
    Thanks and good move with the filter!
    AlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    This is good.  Maybe we won't see so many necro posts brought to the main page by spam bots.

This qualifies as major site news.  Shouldn't this warrant an announcement?  QOL++

AmatheAlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited July 2020

Meddle said:
     :D   @Iselin the spammer hardly though

Fantastic news on the implementation.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    cheyane said:

Meddle said:
     :D   @Iselin the spammer hardly though

Fantastic news on the implementation.
    Err, uh oh, I could be in trouble then.

I mean c'mon 36K posts isn't that many, is it? There's folks on VNBoards with over 200K.

:# 

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Awesome Work! Glad to see this done!
    AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Ack. Don't give that spammer @Iselin a free ride!

J/k
    cheyaneKyleranUngoodYashaXAlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Glad to see this change finally added.
    AlBQuirky
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    I agree this is great but it really should be posted at the top of the home page for a little while i just double posted about the same thing thinking my first post was lost. 
    I saw the approval message the second time and thought did I get banned for something. 
    AlBQuirky
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Always good to see forums implementing some counter-mechanics. So many forums lately being simply flooded with fake advertisements and other spam :( 
    AlBQuirky
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Excellent news, @Meddle ! But you're making a mistake unlocking @Iselin; you can't open a thread here without seeing his name pop up  ;)
    IselinKyleranAlBQuirky
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    I got the a message saying that it would be displayed after approval message too after creating a new thread the other day.  Didn't take any time at all for it to be displayed.

I know they do have a 'you need to wait X time prior to posting a new thread' set up as that hit my when I was posting a company notice on both DDO & LotRO.

Now something strange today.  I quoted someone, wrote my reply.  Went back to edit it and then I don't know what happened when I thought I clicked 'save' as it disappeared like it was never there.

I've been back a couple of times now to make sure it doesn't reappear as I've already replaced it and don't want to clutter things up with a dupe post.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I actually just reported a spammer who got through somehow...
    Sensai

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Rhoklaw said:
    Spam is ok, if it's fried.
    I would take that as a given; how else would you get green eggs and spam?  ;)
    AlBQuirky