Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Live Looks at Beast Armors

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen Live Looks at Beast Armors

A recent Star Citizen Live was all about Beast Armors.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Feature creep. Looks more and more like maybe 2025 or later before you hear about a beta.
    Babuinix
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I am starting to think some of their staff will have retired and be quite well of thank you very much, by the time SC launches. :)
    IceAge
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Jamar870 said:
    Feature creep. Looks more and more like maybe 2025 or later before you hear about a beta.
    How is making different kinds of armour feature creep lol?  :D
    JoeBloberjmlane223
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Nice .PNG's :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    The usual SC Friday marketing video was late?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Awesome!!
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Jamar870 said:

... and now creating different outfits in an MMO is feature creep. Just Lol
    jmlane223
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    JoeBlober said:

Jamar870 said:

... and now creating different outfits in an MMO is feature creep. Just Lol
    Not after they're released. Then it's just added content.

But before releasing something that is already several years late? That' something else altogether. But hey, fluff does seem to work wonders on the easily distracted.
    mmolouNyghthowlerPhoenix_HawkMcSleazjmlane223
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk why but that image didn't load  ,i even tried tried to refresh the screen but nothing.
    IDK wtf beast armor even means inside of SC.

I notice some low balling and some complaining about the low balling ..lol.
    Am i allowed to chime in?haha

Ok i agree outfits is not feature creep,ok you win.
    However,doesn't it come off as something new EVERY single week that passes by?It is not so much about this little thing or that little thing and not being feature creep but it is a bout having an END GOAL is it not?

Does Robert's or has Robert's EVER ,like an organized developer SHOULD be able to do,laid out a plan to finish the game?Like doesn't he have ANY CLUE what he's doing,no idea of what a released game is supposed to be,like where is he going with all of this?

Ok so i am a fair person ,you can't expect answers the first 2-3 years,no problem there.However at SOME POINT,the leader SHOULD have an idea,at some point,right or wrong?Like after several years Robert's SHOULD be able to say...ok it looks like we are close,maybe a beta in 3-5 months.Does it not appear he is completely avoiding ever finishing the game because he is making too much money by not finishing the game?
    Phoenix_Hawk

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Year 2074 Star Citizen announces upcoming news about their closed beta that will be tied to new kickstarter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    how much?
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    The thing to remember is that the game is in development, in alpha. So any feature that you do like, or don't like, may or may not be in the final game. If there ever is a final game.

At this point, the more money they take in, and the longer they go without a product, the bigger the failure looks.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Lol they are just making fluff and spaceships to keep the backers happy and donating..mean while there aren't any mechanics, systems or content in how long? The prision really isn't content.
    Babuinix

MurderHerd

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I just can't take this seriously until they launch and have an actual game.....ANything else by this company just appears to be attempts to get more money from the kickstarter and apparently it works very well. THey seem to be more profitable in alpha than if they ever launched.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Who wants to bet this entire project won't follow Chris Roberts history and underwhelm us with a Star Citizen movie?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Mendel said:
    Who wants to bet this entire project won't follow Chris Roberts history and underwhelm us with a Star Citizen movie?

I was thinking more along the lines of a trilogy.

Or, in true Roberts style, an octology. Does that even exist, or are we breaking even more new ground here?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Mendel
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    lahnmir said:
    Mendel said:

Or, in true Roberts style, an octology. Does that even exist, or are we breaking even more new ground here?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Pfft... the Wheel of Time has gone way beyond octology. They're a quindenology.
    lahnmir
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    lahnmir said:
    Mendel said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I think just one movie, but more than a 100 hours of Making of Star Citizen Movie -videos.
    Arglebargle

• IndaholeIndahole Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Is this game planning to ever launch to the public?
    Huntrezz
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited July 2020
    Indahole said:
    It launched to the public way back in 2013 as a crowdfunded game and has been updated ever since.

The new 3.10 patch should be going live this week.

Post edited by Babuinix on
    Phoenix_HawkHuntrezzjmlane223WalkinGlenn
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Indahole said:

So far, there is no launch date in any of their plans. You can 't buy the game now, but you can donate to the effort and that allows you to play what they have now.

Donating to the game's development does not guarantee that you will ever receive a released product.
    Huntrezz

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I’m starting to feel it
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Hey, they've got to show something for the weekly marketing video.  

As long as the money is rolling in, they have no incentive to cut out the managerial drag on the development.   Thus, the weekly marketing videos.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Babuinix said:
    Indahole said:
    It launched to the public way back in 2013 as a crowdfunded game and has been updated ever since.

The new 3.10 patch should be going live this week.

The dates are kinda creeping again.  Want me to post the quotes about them working on the game in 2011, one more time?
    Babuinix

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    LOL the people asking how this is "feature creep" are hilarious. First, it was going to be a Wing Commander type game. Then they added on FPS stuff....then planetary stuff.....and so on, and so forth.....

Yes, an MMO DOES have "outfits"......several months or even years AFTER launch of a finished project. Putting it in without even being CLOSE to being out of pre-alpha stages, shows the only point to adding said fluff is to draw even more money for what appears to be the biggest scam in the history of gaming.