Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wurm Online Launches Steam Trailer, Releases July 24th

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageWurm Online Launches Steam Trailer, Releases July 24th

Wurm Online has been around for quite some time, but now they are bringing their unique brand of MMO to steam! With a planned release date of July 24th on the horizon, Code Club AB has released a new trailer depicting what players on steam can look forward to.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    So...a game from 2012 with graphics from 2005 releasing on steam in 2020? I'm sold.
    rojoArcueid
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    and it's F2P?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so theya re leaving the early access thing? I think this game was already on steam before
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134

Tokken said:

and it's F2P?

It can be played as F2P but with limitation, You cannot get any skills pass Lv20, it's more to try out the game.

so theya re leaving the early access thing? I think this game was already on steam before

The Wurm version that was on Steam before was Wurm Unlimited, which is a late version of the game you can buy and then run/make your own server.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Not this version. WU is abandonware right now which is very good for it since people can now develop it as it should have been done.

WO... We shall see. 100 players, maybe 200 tops on start and then gradual decline to 50 people playing. And all of this split between old server and new steam one.
    strawhat0981Fedaygin

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    So many haters here, why are you even on MMORPG? You hate all new, you hate all old. Hate subs, hate f2p.....geez.
    AmatheAsheram[Deleted User]ValdheimMorbeousstrawhat0981mgilbrtsnqomaTimacekinfomatzand 2 others.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    So many haters here, why are you even on MMORPG? You hate all new, you hate all old. Hate subs, hate f2p.....geez.
    I don't know about the others, but I'm partially here to have an eye out on good upcoming titles or ones that I might've been missing out on. Unfortunately, this is not a good gxample of such. "Old" in this case is being upheld by a small group of die-hard fans with predicable further decline; this game barely has a value for newcomers. If it's not good enough anymore, why should anyone praise it in the first place for other than  memories it allowed to make? 

I might regret not being aware of this game around it's release, but now it's a hard pass.
    Fedaygin
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited July 2020
    Shutara said:
    Viper482 said:
    I don't know about the others, but I'm partially here to have an eye out on good upcoming titles or ones that I might've been missing out on. Unfortunately, this is not a good gxample of such. "Old" in this case is being upheld by a small group of die-hard fans with predicable further decline; this game barely has a value for newcomers. If it's not good enough anymore, why should anyone praise it in the first place for other than  memories it allowed to make? 

I might regret not being aware of this game around it's release, but now it's a hard pass.

So you're saying a new player can't enjoy this game? Why?

I should add, I was thinking of trying it.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    Fedaygin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    Looking forward to delving back into Wurm!
    jimmywolfFedaygin
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    Looking forward to delving back into Wurm!
    jimmywolfFedaygin
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I like the premise of the game, but i feel the graphics and low population would be a killer for my chance to play long term, so i wont try it.
    Fedaygin
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • CambruinCambruin Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The combat seems off, but everything else seems worth a try. My only concern would be the ability to shape the world. Having just tried Legends of Aria, I need no introduction to the devastating effects of player freedom. Houses all over the place, yet not a soul to be seen other than hired trader NPCs. Unimmersive setups and layouts.

Anyone here playing the game? Anyone able to share their thoughts?
    SovrathFedaygin
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sad seeing all these companies trying to jump on 'easy money' since there's still lockdown in a lot of places in the US.
    Fedaygin
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cambruin said:
    The combat seems off, but everything else seems worth a try. My only concern would be the ability to shape the world. Having just tried Legends of Aria, I need no introduction to the devastating effects of player freedom. Houses all over the place, yet not a soul to be seen other than hired trader NPCs. Unimmersive setups and layouts.

Anyone here playing the game? Anyone able to share their thoughts?

A terrible Tutorial awaits you , long and painful , the archaic UI is horrendous and unintiutive, the community is not very helpful ..

You will have to look pretty far for your own piece of world to claim , as you wander thru endless pathways many seemingly going nowhere ...

Verdict............... Dont waste your time ..
    Fedaygin
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Oh I was hoping they were making a whole new game.....Wurm had some interesting things but also had alot of issues....I remember the server I tried had no land available for one. Also the tutorial is excrutiating. This will be a pass for me.
    Fedaygin
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

Shutara said:

So...a game from 2012 with graphics from 2005 releasing on steam in 2020? I'm sold.

And kidos hates epic but loves steam.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    That video makes me to want to play more than this cringe ever did

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Sovrath said:
    Shutara said:
    Viper482 said:

So you're saying a new player can't enjoy this game? Why?

I should add, I was thinking of trying it.
    No sir, I did not say such thing. I'm just objectively pointing out that this game might not meet the expectations of majority of the playerbase by offering gaming standards that are not particularly fresh anymore. You may enjoy it as much as You like, and there will be others who might enjoy it, but You cannot say this game is fully on par with today's industry standards.

Though, I might've added "...FOR ME this is not a good example", for clarity sake. I surely won't enjoy it and I bet many won't either. Expectation bar is set desperately high with New World and AoC on the horizon, definitely too high for people like me to dive deep into old school games like this. I do not condemn anyone for doing so, anyway :)
    SovrathFedaygin