Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game list

ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Having a problem where looking at the game list i'll click on any game.  The page with all the info for that game will then come up n heres where it gets stuffed up, i cannot get back to the list again. clicking back on the broswer does nothing, i can't click home and then on the list link again because it automatically goes to the page of the game i was just looking at, even closing the thing n loading the website again has the same effect, n the only way for me i've found is to logout from my account n then come back to the website...

* and even now thats not working....

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

That is odd...what if you click on the "Game List" link again?

What browser/version are you using?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Yer it does the same thing then aswell, using IE 6.0

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

That is some really weird stuff.  Can you give me URL in you are seeing in your browser for each page?

I am using IE 6 too (as well as 85% of our visitors) and I don't see this...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Well i waited a few days, but it hasn't happened again, so probably just some random occurance... that happened many times image seems to be fine though now. i"ll post the url's here if it happened again.

Thanks, I like to nail this stuff down whenever possible.  If you see it also give the date/time of the occurences...it might coincide with errors in our log files that would help me track it down.

If I had to guess at this point I would say it is probably some form of session corruption.  This would be where the data our server is tracking for your session gets messed up somehow.  If this were the case - leaving the site for 30 mins and coming back would probably fix it as you would get a fresh session object on the server.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Ok this is related that it's doing the same thing with the forum however it may just be set up to do this.
    Time 9:38ish am Viewing a post and then leaving the website closing the IE windows. Then opening IE again and comming to the website when i click on Discussion it goes straight to the post i was looking at before rather than to the thing that shows you the different forums. I'm not sure if thats how it's meant to be though? anyway here are the links from it like you said to get last time.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadclass/35/loadforum/50/loadthread/7280/jumptopost/75964
    ^^^ random thread, then close IE, later comming back to the website, clicking on duscussion and i get the link
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm
    Still showing the previous thread posts.

Happenes everytime, rather sure it's happened b4 but sorta been lazy on the posting my bad. But yer happenes everytime. But as i said this may just be setup to do that anyway.

Yes, that is kind of intentional.  The session state tracks were you are - and the server does not know if you have left the site or not (the web is a stateless enviornment).  This is designed to be helpful in the sense that you can be reading the forums and hop into somewhere like the game list and come back to the forums to read where you left off.  You can always bring up the list of forums again by clicking one of the left links...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• ChuckaChucka Member Posts: 109
    ooooh mmmmmmk i always 2 wit murt thought it was a glitch:P

Cheers, Dedicated WoW Fan