Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grinding for pets

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
edited July 2020 in Phantasy Star Online 2
I started trying for the 11* not even talking about 13 * here and I am very unhappy. I keep getting 13 star weapons regularly but so far haven't gotten any 11* or above pet.  For a summoner the pet is the weapon. I joined many groups in ultimate since I cannot really solo an ultimate quest. I am completely spent. I get that the drop rates are low but this is soul crushing.

I do several urgent quests on extremely hard everyday and again lots of 13* weapons no pets at all. I have a 10* Jinga, Wanda, Viola, Marron, Melon, Popple, Sally, Trim and Aero. I have a 8* Redran and 9* Synchro. The Viola and Jinga are what I use to kill bosses. I almost never die any way because pet classes seldom die. Only time I died was when I went into the underground Ultimate quest. My god almost instant death for me and pets. After that I only went in with groups and no drops at all. I think I am done with this game

I've never pegged myself as being a person who minds grinding, after all I have played Everquest and spent hours and hours even months with no drops coming to me of the item I want because I keep losing the roll. However not seeing the loot at all is actually far worse than losing a roll. I just cannot do this any more.

I tried the advanced quests too but I think you need threat level 50 for a chance of the pet with higher than 10* to drop. At this point since I cannot play any other class due to my inability to play any other class I am no longer enjoying myself since even the chance of the pet dropping hasn't  actually been a consideration and therefore there is nothing to look forward to. My gear is a 13 star Circuray units from Glory badges conversion to Rising Star 2 badges only enhanced to 10+ and I could buy a better harmonizer but I have no interest, it is currently +30. My rings are +20. My pets' sweet boxes for Jinga and Viola are completely done.

It doesn't help that I have been spending an average of 12 hours a day since the game launched playing this game. The 4 hours with groups in ultimate isn't helping either. At this point it is just really a chore. Although I like so many things about the game making no progress with the pets just dulls everything else.

So my love affair with this game has come to an end, Depending on luck is a gawd awful way to structure loot. I hated it when I rolled for loot and I hate it now for loot drops. I no longer have the desire to even log in.

I will go play the Atelier game I guess. May be have a look at Horizon Dawn. I wonder if I can manage the combat in Sword Art Online.

Chamber of Chains
Post edited by cheyane on

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    remsleep said:
    This is a typical issue in most MMOs where gear is the key mechanism for player progression - the fun of leveling up and exploring stops as you smash head first into the "super low % RNG gear up" wall.

To keep players engaged - low % drop rates are put in place so that it artificially extends progression time, and this option is a lot cheaper than elaborate and expansive content.

At this point 2 things happen - you either realize that the gameplay is no longer fun as it has been reduce to cheap RNG tedium, or the inner gambler brain takes over and tells you "we will get it on the next try" - and you push on through the tedium while trying to convince yourself that "this is fine".

Glad to hear your common sense prevailed - once the game fun is over, it's time to move on - remember that you dont owe any company your loyalty as they dont offer any in return.

not really since he could in theory buy it from another player, and its pretty easy too, also if the thing is in the game and what he is telling us is true he should ahve loads of nemesis and slaves who he could sell to raise the money and then buy the pet he wanted.

another thing could be since the game will update now in the next month he could get the pet stars he wanted,
    cheyane
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sounds like a case of RNG fail when the drops rate is so low it leads you to quit instead of grinding more as they intended.
    iamspamicus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2020
    You cannot buy the pet. If you played you would know that. The reason I have the 10* Popple, Jinga and Aero is because of the collection sheet. If I can buy the pets unlike weapons which can be bought I would be happy to do so. 

Funny your knowledge of the game is quite poor. Considering your disdain may be you should have checked first.

alkarionlog said:
    remsleep said:
    This is a typical issue in most MMOs where gear is the key mechanism for player progression - the fun of leveling up and exploring stops as you smash head first into the "super low % RNG gear up" wall.

To keep players engaged - low % drop rates are put in place so that it artificially extends progression time, and this option is a lot cheaper than elaborate and expansive content.

At this point 2 things happen - you either realize that the gameplay is no longer fun as it has been reduce to cheap RNG tedium, or the inner gambler brain takes over and tells you "we will get it on the next try" - and you push on through the tedium while trying to convince yourself that "this is fine".

Glad to hear your common sense prevailed - once the game fun is over, it's time to move on - remember that you dont owe any company your loyalty as they dont offer any in return.

not really since he could in theory buy it from another player, and its pretty easy too, also if the thing is in the game and what he is telling us is true he should ahve loads of nemesis and slaves who he could sell to raise the money and then buy the pet he wanted.

another thing could be since the game will update now in the next month he could get the pet stars he wanted,

alkarionlog
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    You cannot buy the pet. If you played you would know that.

alkarionlog said:
    remsleep said:

didn't cared for summoner enough to search for eggs, i'm lvling the summoner now to 75 for all class to 75.

what I know of summoner is, they are easy to lvl since the pet can get strongers and cheaper then other classes since you can keep feeding eggs to it for extra bonus, you can mess with candies to try and raise they power.

other then that just keep doing the ultimate quest using a 250% drop plus triboost plus in a group, that should help, worse case wait for next month
    edited July 2020
    I am doing exactly that doing ultimates in full groups with the 250% boost for drops. At a certain point after days of this I have given up. Seen plenty of other items but not the eggs I need. The drop rate is so terrible it is simply tiring.

I have decided to quit. No point doing something I no longer have any desire to do.To continue would be a folly.

All the story quests I have done at hardcore. The pets are very good and I actually managed to solo the end boss on one ultimate quest with a horrible grade I switched pets like 10 times they kept almost dying but thankfully they return to full when I bring them back. I got next to nothing. It was completely worthless.

The quest itself is impossible for me without dying and returning to the ship several times but I decided to hoof it to the end and I met that Boss that looks  a bit like the helix only a huge ballgown version. She pulls you in to her. Almost killed me several times. She did kill my pet twice until I learnt to switch the pet out fast.

I have never had good luck rolling on anything in any game. I have only obtained top gear in games with DKP because of participation. Anything that depends on luck is a total anathema to me.

I have enjoyed my time in the game though. I might come back when they give us the 13* collections sheets for the pets.
    Chamber of Chains
    remsleep said:
    remsleep said:

she*

its internet, and I follow the internet rule all guys are guys, all girls are guys, all little girls are FBI agents, couldn't care less about who it was
    Yeah hardly a girl am a 65 year old grandma. 
    Amathe
    Chamber of Chains