Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation's Creative Director Interview Touches on Servers, Housing, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 11,024

imageAshes of Creation's Creative Director Interview Touches on Servers, Housing, More

A recent interview with Ashes of Creation's Creative Director, Steven Sharif, talks servers, housing, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Great video. Lots of information. Maybe a little rocky/awkward at first due to someone cheesing a bit (Jahlon :p). The second half of the video gave huge amounts of information of the housing/node system. I like the idea of decay vs the delevling system actually more realistic. Would be easy for another node to take over a place that's decaying. I like that the housing will stay the same as the race influence changes and keeps the feel of the node that way. Steven giving the example of how low levels can help man the weapons and repair items was great. I like the example that you can have a unique character a vek warden ie who lives in an divine node that belongs to the thieves guild gasp! Sounds like you would get attached to your character instead of just a throw away.

My only question and I feel like I use to know this is.... drum roll ..... there are going to be battlegrounds in ashes? PVP junkie here. And are their rewards ie gear and weapons etc? Or would the rewards take away from the "themebox" mechanic? Okay maybe a few questions.

Thanks for all your videos. Best source out there for ashes info. Happy bday Steven. John is a lucky man :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2020
    Rather than me talk about word for word and every minute of the video ,which btw i started out doing,i'll sum it up in simple terms.

This video did not do the game any justice,i saw and heard lots of little things i didn't like.I honestly i am at a loss for words,there is so much in the design that seems hit n miss.

I ask myself a simple question.....WHY do i want to play this game,WHAT does it offer me?I can't think of anything positive,i am not even sold on this node idea being all that great an idea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,497
    I watched that even though I am not interested in the game at all. I don't think it is a very exciting to be honest. Not talking about the interview I mean the game itself isn't very interesting. Can they sufficiently set themselves apart from other games?