Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Shadowlands Will Enter Beta Next Week

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWorld of Warcraft Shadowlands Will Enter Beta Next Week

In their stream earlier this morning, World of Warcraft EP John Hight made the announcement that its upcoming Shadowlands expansion will enter beta next week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2020
    "...Hazzikostas mentions that there is still a lot of work to be done...." Understatement of his career so far as lead given how convoluted the covenant system is designed. But hey, it only took them the middle of beta to realize how garbage the azerite armor system was in bfa which was mainly why they didn't preview any of it until the end of beta. This is an even bigger cluster-fk since you have too many things that overlap: covenant class powers (a single power that is meant to be used across all specs multiplied by 4, really sound like a good idea?), utility powers, soulbinds x3 per covenant which are supposed to augment each ability and playstyle, conduits which are supposed to further augment soulbinds, legendary effects, AND class changes which has led the team to restructure many of the previously mentioned stuff.......How the fk did this get out the room, let alone into production..... All the dude had to do was give eat spec one ability/passive like they did in legion and build around that. Obviously some specs would be lost in the shuffle like what happened in the legion, but reread all that garbage I just said about the systems they are trying to run with and think about the nightmare will happen upon release.
    Viper482
  • SeidrSeidr Member UncommonPosts: 18

Albatroes said:

"...Hazzikostas mentions that there is still a lot of work to be done...." Understatement of his career so far as lead given how convoluted the covenant system is designed. But hey, it only took them the middle of beta to realize how garbage the azerite armor system was in bfa which was mainly why they didn't preview any of it until the end of beta.

This is an even bigger cluster-fk since you have too many things that overlap: covenant class powers (a single power that is meant to be used across all specs multiplied by 4, really sound like a good idea?), utility powers, soulbinds x3 per covenant which are supposed to augment each ability and playstyle, conduits which are supposed to further augment soulbinds, legendary effects, AND class changes which has led the team to restructure many of the previously mentioned stuff.......How the fk did this get out the room, let alone into production.....

All the dude had to do was give eat spec one ability/passive like they did in legion and build around that. Obviously some specs would be lost in the shuffle like what happened in the legion, but reread all that garbage I just said about the systems they are trying to run with and think about the nightmare will happen upon release.

Prove it.
    Viper482defroststar
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    The last Beta that I was apart of was Pre-release in 2004. Since then I was never invited back into any Test phases.
    I always felt like I was good enough to help them squash bugs to release WoW but then just tossed to the side.

Nowadays it's Streamers that get the invites mostly.

Back then it was Community > Money.
    Now it's Money > All else.

Kinda sad.
    Viper482

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Blizzard Beta....where they ignore any and all feedback given to them and do what they think you should want instead.
    Ozmodan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Seidr said:

Albatroes said:

"...Hazzikostas mentions that there is still a lot of work to be done...." Understatement of his career so far as lead given how convoluted the covenant system is designed. But hey, it only took them the middle of beta to realize how garbage the azerite armor system was in bfa which was mainly why they didn't preview any of it until the end of beta.

This is an even bigger cluster-fk since you have too many things that overlap: covenant class powers (a single power that is meant to be used across all specs multiplied by 4, really sound like a good idea?), utility powers, soulbinds x3 per covenant which are supposed to augment each ability and playstyle, conduits which are supposed to further augment soulbinds, legendary effects, AND class changes which has led the team to restructure many of the previously mentioned stuff.......How the fk did this get out the room, let alone into production.....

All the dude had to do was give eat spec one ability/passive like they did in legion and build around that. Obviously some specs would be lost in the shuffle like what happened in the legion, but reread all that garbage I just said about the systems they are trying to run with and think about the nightmare will happen upon release.

Prove it.

How about you give us your insight? Or are you just a new troll that was previously banned from this site?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Just be glad they didn't also announce a release date.  Once they did so for BfA and WC3:Reforged, it was clear that they were no longer the Blizzard of old that releases games when they are ready.
  • jerrywowjerrywow Member UncommonPosts: 27
    WoW, really good news for wow fans
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited July 2020

Viper482 said:

Blizzard Beta....where they ignore any and all feedback given to them and do what they think you should want instead.

After BfA I don't trust Blizzard to instantly preorder one of their expansions. But at least I check what's going on with the game and the community frequently to see how things progress in the alpha or what they are up to recently. It's actually going pretty positive in general. There are couple of concerns with all the new systems and how they will work out but they are doing a lot of things right with this expansion as for now. Especially on the rpg and customization side of the game.

I'm not saying this is the best thing ever or everyone should buy this expansion etc. Not at all. Even I'm planning to wait till at least couple of weeks after the release of the expansion. But stop at least wait before making any baseless judgments.

Post edited by Nepheth on
    IceAge

Nepheth said:

Viper482 said:

But stop at least wait before making any baseless judgments.

Ummm, judging a company based on past experience is not baseless. This is a "show me" moment. Until then...

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    BFA2, is gonna be a hard skip from me. They clearly don't give a shit about their player base.