Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

These Are The New Action MMO You Are Looking For

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited July 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Skylent list his most anticipated upcoming action mmos. 

Sovrath

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I've played New World. He's lying his ass off. lol
    Tastes vary. I know a few people that are completely crazy about it too.
    I haven't played it myself yet though.

Frozen Flame looks a bit like WoW had a baby with Conan Exiles or something (minus the nudity ;D). It seems to have a much more fluid combat system compared to most survival games though. And I like that they will have the option for private servers.

I might actually give that a go. Depending on how they do the private servers.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    New World might could be decent but idk
    Agreed, 100%  August 25th, those of us that have pre-ordered will have the opportunity to get a feel for the game ourselves.  I'm looking forward to it.  There are a lot of Tin Foil Hat pvp fan boys on these forums and to them any game that has pve in it is b.s. so I take their opinion with a grain of salt.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Hrrm, so a whole slew of crap new action MMOs on the horizon...

Thrills...
    delete5230[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Agreed, 100%  August 25th, those of us that have pre-ordered will have the opportunity to get a feel for the game ourselves.  I'm looking forward to it.  There are a lot of Tin Foil Hat pvp fan boys on these forums and to them any game that has pve in it is b.s. so I take their opinion with a grain of salt.
    With the delay concerning release, is the Beta still on for August 25th or has that been delayed too?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    lahnmir said:
    With the delay concerning release, is the Beta still on for August 25th or has that been delayed too?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    People who preordered will be able to play some kind of stress test for a limited time.
    [Deleted User]
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    The only action MMOs I want are martial arts cheese. Give me Moonlight Blade.

Otherwise, tab target all the way.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Blue Protocol is the only one I'm interested in.
    cheyane

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited July 2020
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I've played New World. He's lying his ass off. lol
    If you had been flown in, wined and dined and been treated like a VIP you'd probably sing a different tune too :) Wizardry is 100% correct about influencers.

He oh so casually mentions streaming and making a guild... shudder. Guess who will get to play the once a week PvE mob invasion events or the once in a blue moon 50 v 50 PvP counterparts? Not you that's for sure.

[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    The developers are letting everyone who pre-ordered or is already a tester have a limited time look into the game as it stands right now.  That starts August 25th.  No one knows how long that limited time is, but some are guessing one week.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    remsleep said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    The developers are letting everyone who pre-ordered or is already a tester have a limited time look into the game as it stands right now.  That starts August 25th.  No one knows how long that limited time is, but some are guessing one week.

Not anymore - I heard the beta also got delayed.. is it back on for 25th again?

It's not the beta just a week or two of playing what exists. They're likely doing that because they already lined up streamers to stream during that time period.
    Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    I've played New World in all of its many iterations now, and for me personally, it has gotten better. The original version was a stale, lifeless, gank fest, and it badly needed change. The addition of PVE elements was abrupt at first but is getting smoother. The game is evolving from something totally unplayable into something halfway decent. If they stay the course this time, it definitely has more potential than the pure PVP game they originally pitched/created. I would certainly recommend at least trying it out before making any snap judgements, but keep in mind it does still need work.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    New world is a garbage fire...there is no salvaging it despite how much they delay launch.
    Mikeha[Deleted User]

MurderHerd

remsleep said:
    New world is a garbage fire...there is no salvaging it despite how much they delay launch.

that's what I keep telling people - but the myth of Amazon has money and money can fix everything - this belief is so strong that it's almost unshakable.

I do think they can make it a like a 5/10 maybe even a 6/10 game with the delay.

But this will never be a 8+/10 game
    You say that, yet all of the web sites like MMORPG.com will give New World an 8+ rating because they all want Amazon's marketing dollars.  I personally think you are low balling the score, I'd give it 6+ right now.  If they stay the course and continue what they  are doing and continue down the road of monthly content updates, I think they will have an 7+ quality game without question in May.  ESO, FFXIV, GW2, etc were all crap on their respective launch days but over time they've each carved out their own success in the market place.  I personally think you are one of those Tin Foil Hat wearing full loot pvp fan boys and no matter what Amazon does with New World, you won't be happy.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited July 2020
    remsleep said:

that's what I keep telling people - but the myth of Amazon has money and money can fix everything - this belief is so strong that it's almost unshakable.

I do think they can make it a like a 5/10 maybe even a 6/10 game with the delay.

But this will never be a 8+/10 game
    You say that, yet all of the web sites like MMORPG.com will give New World an 8+ rating because they all want Amazon's marketing dollars.  I personally think you are low balling the score, I'd give it 6+ right now.  If they stay the course and continue what they  are doing and continue down the road of monthly content updates, I think they will have an 7+ quality game without question in May.  ESO, FFXIV, GW2, etc were all crap on their respective launch days but over time they've each carved out their own success in the market place.  I personally think you are one of those Tin Foil Hat wearing full loot pvp fan boys and no matter what Amazon does with New World, you won't be happy.
    You have low standards if that turd of an alpha is considered a 6...There was nothing in game to do; the gear still had remenants of the full loot pvp anywhere tiered gear system(like Albion except just a flat % of stat instead of unique properties).  Must be a shill account for Amazon or just another PVE tard that will leave after a month...No one I talked to thought the game was even remotely in a playable state. 
    Post edited by IsilithTehroth on

MurderHerd

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Let's face it if this were Bob's game company this game would be done already. Like others have said, it gets more leeway because Amazon (and its money) are involved.
    [Deleted User]
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Iselin said:
    remsleep said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Not anymore - I heard the beta also got delayed.. is it back on for 25th again?

It's not the beta just a week or two of playing what exists. They're likely doing that because they already lined up streamers to stream during that time period.

You're probably right on about the August 25th date being locked in because of prearranged agreements with streamers.  Amazon seems to still be locked on making a game that will advertise itself through stream and twitch.  That still has me a bit skeptical about the quality of the game.  Is this being made for customers or social media?

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SMOKE_BREAKSMOKE_BREAK Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    All I would like is a sweet MMO to play with a combat system like Black Desert Online except without the irate black desert things.
    Less miserable rng that destroys your shit, more active combat controls rather than tab target. 

I've played BDO since NA release and I got tired of it after a few years and nerf hammer slapping my face. 

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    None of them really compete with BDO. They just do their best to side step it. BDO still has more variety in a game experience with Action combat as part of the suite. It's still the best Waifu Sim out there as well and while that is a comment that acts like a 5 ton troll magnet, it's a true selling point for a lot of people.
    Remali
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Been looking at some Blue Protocol videos and I am really excited for that game. Please don't take an age to bring it to the West like they did PSO2.