Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kinera Announces Stunning $1399 In-Ear Monitors, Dubbed

2»

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I never had a problem spending on in-ear monitors. It's the one tech item used daily - travelling to work, at home, going for a run, before I fall asleep.

I love the Shure in-ear monitors and you can definitely hear the difference. The first ones cost me $199, then $299 and $399. The fourth model they have is $799, and people advised me against it. Apparently at that price, you can get fully custom in-ear monitors made that specifically fit your ear.

$1399 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless you don't mind how much things cost at all.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    lahnmir said:
    They lost me at in-ear.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I was just watching an episode of Dark (good scifi series on Netflix) where the main character goes back in time from 2019 to 1986 and the sheriff notices his ear buds and asks what they are and doesn't believe him when he says headphones :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2020
    I can buy a whole computer with that money.

I don't have anything against people who spend money on things they enjoy since I often spend time with my women friends who don't blink an eye at spending a few thousand Euros for a handbag but personally I would question what possible sound difference that would make to warrant that type of cash. It has to be stupendous or else why spend unless of course it is like those handbags just artificially inflated by the luxury goods shysters.
    Hatefull
    Chamber of Chains
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    All the negatives aside....it is kind of amazing that they can make these things so small.

Never would want them, but still got to salute the engineering that went into this.
  • emikz1kemikz1k Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    edited July 2020
    this has to be a typo. I think they meant $139.
    TxChief
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Bluetooth monitor headphones would be useless for DJ, too much latency, might work for producing. Cool, but still overpriced.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter