Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Publishes Monthly Report for June

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageStar Citizen Publishes Monthly Report for June

Star Citizen has given its most recent Monthy Report for the month of June, covering what they've worked on and teasing what's to come.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    edited July 2020
    Next up: You can now buy toilet rolls in Star Citizen - with the addition of the new poop system they’re developing. They’ve spent months on measuring how your body reacts to different kinds of pressure after eating various meals.
    You can also buy a portapoo ship for only 400 usd, good news is that it contains 5 toilets and 2 urinals, making it not-so expensive if all your mates pitch in!
    MightyUncleanNanfoodleKumaponTacticalZombehMensurIselinFrodoFragins
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298

Eldrach said:

Next up: You can now buy toilet rolls in Star Citizen - with the addition of the new poop system they’re developing. They’ve spent months on measuring how your body reacts to different kinds of pressure after eating various meals.

You can also buy a portapoo ship for only 400 usd, good news is that it contains 5 toilets and 2 urinals, making it not-so expensive if all your mates pitch in!

You fool, that addition wont be ready for years, they have to polish and refine the movement of the toilet paper itself!!!
    McSleazAgent_JosephTacticalZombeh
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Eldrach said:
    Uh, I don't want to watch my mates 'pitch in'.....
    NanfoodleMcSleazTacticalZombeh

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Will there be some form of artificial gravity in the ship bathrooms, or are they working on the physics for floating space poo?
    McSleazTacticalZombeh
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    The funnier are not space toilet joke but the fact this June report bring more subtance to SQ42 + SC games than past patch with a lot of AI's, starting new Pyro system, new NPC's activities.

At the end, both comments are attracting different nerds: Space nerds and poo nerds :)
    Babuinix
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    As this is still an alpha development with no actual release schedule or guarantee of a finished product, any features they talk about now can change or disappear completely.

At this point, the more money they take in, and the longer they take to produce something, the bigger the failure looks.
    botrytisFrodoFragins

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

olepi said:

As this is still an alpha development with no actual release schedule or guarantee of a finished product, any features they talk about now can change or disappear completely.

At this point, the more money they take in, and the longer they take to produce something, the bigger the failure looks.

With the new system i described they can litterally state that the money went down the drain!
    Scotty787Kyleran
  • ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    But do these space toilets have the option to be upgraded to having a bidet? I don't want to spend my hard earned money on toilet paper, I already pay the water bill, might as well try for a twofer.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I cant wait for this game to come out in 2029

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Nitro-1Nitro-1 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Mensur said:
    That's a pretty aggressive date
    KyleranEldrach

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Agressive because a joke? SQ42 Beta and release are more than porbable by end of next year, SC will get 6 more patch in the meantime, adding mandatory tech to make it stable + more contents and jobs that depend on them (Icache, Server meshing, physic grid). Then SC will get all SQ42 assets.
    By end of next year hundred thousands new backers. The future is bright, sorry for naysayers :)
    FrodoFragins
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Agressive because a joke? SQ42 Beta and release are more than porbable by end of next year, SC will get 6 more patch in the meantime, adding mandatory tech to make it stable + more contents and jobs that depend on them (Icache, Server meshing, physic grid). Then SC will get all SQ42 assets.
    By end of next year hundred thousands new backers. The future is bright, sorry for naysayers :)
    Will someone please find JoeBlober a sense of humor?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see.

- Linus
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Will someone please find JoeBlober a sense of humor?
    I think it got lost at the same time he stopped shouting down people with his SQ42 Q3 2020 beta date. Q3 2020 tops man  :D

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolouIselinAmathe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Oh so you're no longer guaranteeing SQ42 by the end of this year just like you used to a few months ago? Covid I guess.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Oh so you're no longer guaranteeing SQ42 by the end of this year just like you used to a few months ago? Covid I guess.

Lol nobody had guaranteed a precise date.
    Everything is estimated and subject to change.
    Covid have zero influence of course. You know it is not like all industries, workers have been impacted. Working from home for 100% employees is so much efficient. This is why CIG and millions of companies around the world do pay hundred thousands $ per year to rent working space :)
    botrytisIselin
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

I doubt it as they haven't even optimized or started optimizing server usage. Also using Amazon Servers, they will have to compete with Amazon's own games and others that use their servers. This is something, I feel, that should be done as the game is developing. The more features you put in the more the optimization has to be done.

The future is bleak, my friend, very bleak. BUT, keep drinking the CIG kool-aid.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

JoeBlober said:

Iselin said:

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Covid have zero influence of course. You know it is not like all industries, workers have been impacted. Working from home for 100% employees is so much efficient. This is why CIG and millions of companies around the world do pay hundred thousands $ per year to rent working space :)

Wasting money on space without really any product to show for it, is folly in and of itself.

REMEMBER DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    JoeBlober said:

Iselin said:

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

I could easily track it down on your post history if it was worth my time and effort, but it isn't. We all know what you said and when you said it.
    newbismx
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    botrytis said:

JoeBlober said:

Iselin said:

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

Wasting money on space without really any product to show for it, is folly in and of itself.

botrytis said:

JoeBlober said:

Iselin said:

JoeBlober said:

Nitro-1 said:

Mensur said:

No! Making space is hard! I have been trying to make a dent in the cram packed contents of my garage for years. Still no space. But if I ever succeed, I am going to sell my empty garage for $300 million.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests