Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Outlines New 90-Day Plan

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will never buy into the crowd funding kickstarter ideas unless they change how  they work.
    Unless someone comes up with a better option the only one i want to see is shares sold,NO free handouts.
    No BS B ..C or whatever other type shares but full business partner shares up to 49% ownership of the business.

I would want to see 100% transparency,i mean obviously,you want my money to invest in your project but don't want me to know what you are doing with it...bs.
    Until i see this type of actual business partnership relationship,these are just scummy operations looking for free handouts.
    This Mark dude could actually be lying to people,nobody knows the true intent of this investor he partnered with,nobody knows the real facts behind this so called OTHER game.The factual scenario/agenda behind it all might be something totally different,with no true transparency he can say whatever he wants.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited July 2020
    Iselin said:
    bcbully said:
    Good news. I think they got the point they f’d up even thinking about that side game
    I hope that's the case. This is a good game conceptually if they just buckle down and finish the damn thing.
    Nope, in his replies over on MOP this week Mark made several references to that "other" game including a new hire to work on it and this comment about putting the CU test servers up over the weekend.

"We’re also hopeful of having a new version of FS:R up as well this weekend. Mostly bug fixes, since we’ve been focusing on CU, but some quality of life stuff too."

https://massivelyop.com/2020/07/02/camelot-unchaineds-new-90-day-plan-includes-weekend-servers/
    [Deleted User]YashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Kyleran said:

remsleep said:

Sovrath said:

remsleep said:

Just feel bad for people who donated money to this

Nah, don't. Well, unless they feel bad about it.

I donated money and I'm perfectly fine.

They are years late at this point in what they promised.

Regardless of your personal feelings about it - it's pretty shitty of them to have missed all these dates over and over and over again.

Which Mark has apologized for again and again, often explaining why things turned out the way they have.

What else are you expecting him to do, fall on his sword or something?

After being burned it's hard to forgive till you get recompense. Not sure how that will be possible till they release the game or at least get all the backers playing.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited July 2020
    It really is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" mentality here. If the game is released and not ready, people complain. If they delay release to assure the game is ready, people complain.... and it's generally the same people complaining about both.

I am not a game developer so I don't know the intricacies that go into creating something like this. I'd guess most of the people here are also not game developers. That said, I have been part of many projects in my professional career. Project plans are almost never on time. Milestones are almost always pushed out. Why? because it's better to delay and do it right than push out garbage and try to fix it ex post facto.

I know this is about a video game, but lets  try to look at this like adults and not a bunch of nerd ragers with their panties in a wad.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    tzervo said:
    It really is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" mentality here. 
    It is, but they did a lot themselves to expend any good will towards them: from giving false release estimates by more than 100% (which raises eyebrows) to announcing an extra side game and being arrogant and rude and snarky to those that voiced their anger and concern over it, to keeping the NDA up for a game that was labeled almost two years ago as "beta" and still has no 100% server uptime even for its backers (which means they are willing to use labels falsely and misinform).

When I was considering backing this game last year it was clear what state the game was in regardless of what they called it. Missing a deadline doesn't change that.

And having resources to work on another project does not mean they took anything away from CU.

I know companies can be run poorly, but having never been a game developer I can't say for sure if this company is being run poorly. I just know that backing a game is a risk and that I'd rather them take extra time to get it right than release garbage to appease the masses.

Sovrath
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

I know companies can be run poorly, but having never been a game developer I can't say for sure if this company is being run poorly. I just know that backing a game is a risk and that I'd rather them take extra time to get it right than release garbage to appease the masses.

This is always the false choice people present.  As though the only 2 outcomes are "take extra time to get it right" or "release garbage"

There is a whole swath of other possibilities.  The ultimate good possibility is of course "Get it right AND on time" (no longer possible) and the ultimate bad possibility is "take an extra 6 years and still release garbage".    

From what I have seen most of the time has been spent building the engine to drive the game vs the actual Camelot Unchained game. This could be a very good thing, but at this stage it is hard to tell.  I see videos of sieges and maybe they represent technical accomplishments, but they do not "Get the blood rushing".  This is the whole purpose of the time spent on the engine... to enable massive sieges, so they need to be very special in order to justify the time spent on it.

We will see if they are capable of delivering.   I have waited since I bought in on day one of the Kickstarter and will continue to wait, but with each passing year, my confidence in a good game being released goes DOWN not UP.

KyleranultimateduckYashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DinarianDinarian Member UncommonPosts: 4
    It is worth noting that they are not currently honoring their refund policy and the new 90 day plan doesn’t mention anything about them getting that situation fixed. As of today I have been waiting 119 days for my refund to be processed.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]ultimateduck
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Dinarian said:
    It is worth noting that they are not currently honoring their refund policy and the new 90 day plan doesn’t mention anything about them getting that situation fixed. As of today I have been waiting 119 days for my refund to be processed.
    I understand Mark Jacobs' concern over going into the office with the virus and his wife's health issues.  But the fact that only he can allegedly process refunds, and on one physical computer...Man, that's concerning.  What kind of planning and foresight does that imply?  And, he didn't have one other person in the company he could trust to do this?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Dinarian said:
    I understand Mark Jacobs' concern over going into the office with the virus and his wife's health issues.  But the fact that only he can allegedly process refunds, and on one physical computer...Man, that's concerning.  What kind of planning and foresight does that imply?  And, he didn't have one other person in the company he could trust to do this?
    I agree.  I am going to assume he is keeping in total isolation and not even going out to the food store or similar. Because if you can head down to Publix or Kroger or whatever then you can drive into your office one day when nobody is around and either process the stuff or setup the access so someone like Andrew who is your partner can do so.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Dinarian said:
    I agree that refunds not being honored because of the virus was a valid excuse back in March and even April, but it is July now and they have had plenty of time to implement the needed changes that would allow them to process refunds now. At a minimum they could have committed to making the needed changes to their process within the the next 90 days as part of their 90 day plan. 
    [Deleted User]
    Dinarian said:
    I agree.  I am going to assume he is keeping in total isolation and not even going out to the food store or similar. Because if you can head down to Publix or Kroger or whatever then you can drive into your office one day when nobody is around and either process the stuff or setup the access so someone like Andrew who is your partner can do so.

He just might be, found out on a Zoom call this week several of my co-workers have not left the house for any reason, having groceries and food delivered

They were aghast to find out my wife and I have been eating out at restaurants for several weeks now.

Then I doubled down and told them we've booked airfare to Maine in August for a vacation.

No Fear!

ultimateduck

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

remsleep said:
    Dinarian said:
    Dinarian said:
    I agree that refunds not being honored because of the virus was a valid excuse back in March and even April, but it is July now and they have had plenty of time to implement the needed changes that would allow them to process refunds now. At a minimum they could have committed to making the needed changes to their process within the the next 90 days as part of their 90 day plan. 

This is super shitty of them, they need to address this ASAP
    Why? Most people have had years to request a refund, what's the big deal to wait a bit more, especially if it might put Mark's wife at risk?

My guess is you aren't even someone waiting for a refund.

[Deleted User]

Kyleran said:
    remsleep said:
    Dinarian said:
    Dinarian said:

This is super shitty of them, they need to address this ASAP
    Why? Most people have had years to request a refund, what's the big deal to wait a bit more, especially if it might put Mark's wife at risk?

My guess is you aren't even someone waiting for a refund.

Most of the people waiting on over due refunds right now are people who wanted CU very much and where supportive of the company and the project for years, but decided to leave after Mark announced at the end of January that in secret CSE had spent the last half of 2019 working on a different game instead of CU. My refund was requested before the pandemic was causing trouble in the US.

Most importantly in my opinion is that CSE has had months to change their refund procedure so that Marks wife isn't put at risk, but they have so far refused to do that. They also apparently are not interested in committing to fixing the problems in the upcoming 90 days either.
    [Deleted User]