Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Thoughts on a PC problem? (Reboot)

B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 146
So this week my systems started rebooting when playing games. No real pattern that I could notice but it did not do it all the time. I would say 60%.
GPU under MIS Kombuster Stress test.
-Anything core burner reboots system.
-Anything memory burner reboots system.
-GFX burner passes.

PSU Voltage as reported in HMMonitor.
Voltage 0        1.07 Volts [0x59] (CPU VTT)
    Voltage 1        3.34 Volts [0xA9] (VCC3)
    Voltage 2        12.10 Volts [0xA8] (+12V)
    Voltage 3        3.34 Volts [0xA7] (+VCC)
    Voltage 4        1.01 Volts [0x54] (vAXG)
    Voltage 5        1.07 Volts [0x59] (CPU VCORE)
    Voltage 6        1.52 Volts [0x7F] (DRAM)
    Voltage 7        3.41 Volts [0x8E] (+3.3V)
    Temperature 0        35°C (95°F) [0x23] (TMPIN0)
    Temperature 1        37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN1)
    Temperature 2        61°C (141°F) [0x3D] (TMPIN2)
    Fan 0            0 RPM [0x0] (FANIN0)
    Fan PWM 0        0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM0)
    Fan PWM 1        0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM1)
    Fan PWM 2        0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM2)

PSU or GPU Issues?

Comments

• B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Also just noticed my 12V under stress from my video card drops to 11.736v
    Did not notice any other changes under stress from video card.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    What are your system spec, especially GPU and PSU. I know that Quizz, Ridelynn, and others will ask you that. Might as well get that info out there now. If you don't know what your PSU is open the box and look at the model.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    I had random game crashes and blue screens on my system.

Eventually I narrowed it down to a memory issue. I boosted the DRAM voltage to 1.6v even though the memory I bought was rated for 1.5v.

Smoothed my system right out, would be worth a try for you and shouldn't be harmful to your system.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,057
    Does it blue screen at all, or just cold reboot like someone hit the reset button?
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,411
    If the computer just shuts down instantly, then starts rebooting as if you'd have just turned it on, then it's usually a PSU problem. Other kinds of problems usually give some kind of error messages or blue screens, whereas PSU problem just resets the computer.

It's hard to be certain, though.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Sounds like your CPU is overheating. Check your PSU with a multi meter. Check your fans as well and do a memtest.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,057
    These are tricky to troubleshoot - I have one right now that cold reboots spontaneously and semi-randomly. It's more frequent under load than idle, but does occur idle sometimes.

I'm still working on what the issue is with that one. Tried PSU, video card, CPU, RAM, and then RMA'ed the motherboard. Just got the motherboard today, and got it to cold reboot again within 30 minutes of power on.

I've seen it be all of the above, including grounding issues (usually a screw or something lodged under the motherboard). I've seen it be a loose reset swtich. I've seen it be bad GPUs, bad DIMMs, bad CPUs, and bad Motherboards. I've seen bad CPUs fry all of the aforementioned products and do it. Only thing to do is take it one step at a time.

Usually faulting hardware will BSOD, and that at least gives you a clue where to start. Usually, but not always.
  • KimberlyJamesKimberlyJames Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited July 6
    Had the same problem, had to buy a new PC, still didn't try to run the old one. Even though it had good parameters. I might try to do that because I found some tips here that might help, but who knows. It was old, so I didn't bother to fix it, I was going to buy a new one either way. On the same note, do you guys have a recommendation for windows 10 registry cleaner? I had a few that didn't do much to my computer, so I'm looking for suggestions. Share your thoughts about a good cleaner, please.

Post edited by KimberlyJames on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,824
    The first and only time i ever had this issue was a long time ago,it was simply a bad connection in the wiring plug.I racked my brain for weeks and couldn't figure it out then i happen to bump the wire and noticed it shorted out.

PSU and RAM are typically the go to areas to look,overheating and a virus are not to be ignored.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.