Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Announces Summer Game Fest Demo Event

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMicrosoft Announces Summer Game Fest Demo Event

Microsoft has announced an upcoming Summer Game Fest event focused on bringing you several game demos.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Steam had the same event recently. I checked a lot of those demos and found some pretty nice hidden gems that made my wishlist grow. I hope they continue doing more events like that as demos are always a good thing. I miss those times where you bought your favourite gaming magazine that was always packed with lots of demos.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Err game demos? Why would we want to play them? Just wait for the reviews, look at the gameplay on You Tube and make your decision.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

Scot said:

Err game demos? Why would we want to play them? Just wait for the reviews, look at the gameplay on You Tube and make your decision.

I'd say because it's better to make your own impression by playing something by yourself if you have the chance to and there's a lot of games that a video can't properly convey. The only contra I can think of would be that it's a bit more time consuming. Still I think that demos are a good thing and given the comments/feedback on some of those at the Steam Gamefest people were actually very pleased and surprised about the 'temporary' return of demos.
    ScotTacticalZombeh
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    edited July 2020
    Valdheim said:

Scot said:

I'd say because it's better to make your own impression by playing something by yourself if you have the chance to and there's a lot of games that a video can't properly convey. The only contra I can think of would be that it's a bit more time consuming. Still I think that demos are a good thing and given the comments/feedback on some of those at the Steam Gamefest people were actually very pleased and surprised about the 'temporary' return of demos.
    Your right that playing a demo gives you even more certainty as to whether you should buy it when it comes out, but that's way too time consuming for me. I use Metacritic, Steam reviews, what guildmates say and You Tube. Just playing something would not mean I could do away with all that, as initial impressions in a game do not tell you everything. But if it works for you crack on.
    Valdheim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다