Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still amazed

2»

Comments

• TwitchTaranissTwitchTaraniss Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This was my first MMORPG. Loved it and I always thought they did the little things very well. Just went back to the game recently and I knew my original server closed (nimordel). Sadly I can't character transfer atm. So all of my toons are locked in the abyss.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/taraniss

Legends - Heroes fade..Legends last Forever
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    This was my first MMORPG. Loved it and I always thought they did the little things very well. Just went back to the game recently and I knew my original server closed (nimordel). Sadly I can't character transfer atm. So all of my toons are locked in the abyss.
    Wait, they closed servers and just left old characters there with no way to transfer off after a given time?
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    edited July 2020
    Lotro was a great game at its time but now its "like too little butter spread into too much bread" ;)
    xpsync
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited July 2020
    Wait, they closed servers and just left old characters there with no way to transfer off after a given time?
    Up to a year or so ago transfer's off of closed servers worked.  Than something broke / bugged and for the last year there haven't been any transfers period.

Couple of months back they finally got Transfer's working between the active servers, but from closed servers are still not working.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• TwitchTaranissTwitchTaraniss Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Yea I sent a ticket in and they said at this time it is bugged. I looked further into it and it seems to have been bugged for a year or so. This included my creeps. I made a new toon got them to 10 and jumped on creep side. Nothing special and I ended up logging off and not back in for about a month now. If they get transfers fixed I might mess around with it. They offered a lifetime subscription when the game first launched and I have that. It does not include expansions but it is enough for me to mess around in the game. 
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/taraniss

Legends - Heroes fade..Legends last Forever
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wow, that's amazing that their programmers aren't able to correct that major a bug after a year.  What other MMO company would let something like that ride for so long?  Maybe Daybreak...
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Wow, that's amazing that their programmers aren't able to correct that major a bug after a year.  What other MMO company would let something like that ride for so long?  Maybe Daybreak...

Approaching the end, Trion couldn't even fix broken seasonal quests in Rift from one year to the next.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Remali said:
    Lotro was a great game at its time but now its "like too little butter spread into too much bread" ;)

I'll never deny that i was enamored, i loved this mmorpg, it was and maybe still is (haven't played for many years so don't know tbh) an amazing mmorpg. I never wrote it off until all that extreme downtime and uncertainty recently.

If it does shutdown it will probably be the best thing ever for the game and it's players as it'll go emu and put in the hands of people whom care. It's like swg:l i donate monthly without any hesitation or regret, it's being run by players that care.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • BallantinesBallantines Member UncommonPosts: 16
    LOTRO is also getting graphical improvements by 2022 in line with the new Amazon show.
  • crazyjanecrazyjane Member UncommonPosts: 11
    re: alts trapped on old dead servers....
    The new producer, Raninia, said in a recent interview(Aug 20, 2021) that more of the technical issues were resolved and that they're hoping to get transfers working soon. He did say the words "a couple of months" but that should be taken with a grain of salt probably ;)

At least they're making some more progress with it. I'm hopefull they might actually get this working by end of year *fingers crossed*
  • crazyjanecrazyjane Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Yea I sent a ticket in and they said at this time it is bugged. I looked further into it and it seems to have been bugged for a year or so. This included my creeps. I made a new toon got them to 10 and jumped on creep side. Nothing special and I ended up logging off and not back in for about a month now. If they get transfers fixed I might mess around with it. They offered a lifetime subscription when the game first launched and I have that. It does not include expansions but it is enough for me to mess around in the game. 

If you have Lifetime account, you prob have enough Lotro Points to get the expansions, if you haven't been spending your points. You get 500/month. ;)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    After realising that many of my best mmo memmories come from this game, i decided to jump back in..
    played some years ago for the last time, when the max level was 90..

i started a new minstrell, and what surprised me most is that the lands around Bree still looked amazingly fresh for an old game like this...

allways been playing this game for stories and lore... wondering if the great community is still alive..

i'ts nice to hear yo uare still getting enjoyment from the game....I tried it again about a year ago and it lasted about a month, if that......The quests just wear me out and it isn't a fun game to grind mobs.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    I played DAOC starting in 2001. In 2004,  started Ryzom and City of Heroes. I never played WoW.

LoTRO is the game I played instead of WoW. Got into the closed beta, bought a lifetime sub when it launched. And have never regretted it.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• TerazonTerazon Member UncommonPosts: 266
    I always liked the world but nothing else about the game. Just kinda boring to me.